Unspecified Bill Payment Account???

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
Just started as an alert:

I get an alert that says "unspecified bill payment account has scheduled payments or deposits due soon". Cannot find much on this. Cannot find a new account that was not there yesterday. Viewing the alert shows an blank account with no entries?

Any clues? How do I fix this one?

Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine. A little surprised this might not be more well known. but happy to help. NOTE: It is NOT an error message, but an alert. The following are the three ways I can see information about this alert:

Looking forward to se what you think about how these happen., where they come from and the best way to clear them.

Thanks.

~Bob

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you recently change / close / delete a checking account register which was activated for Bill Manager Quick Pay / Check Pay without first reassigning all Bill Pay transactions to the new checking account?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi UKR, Never used Quick Pay or Bill Manager. Ever. Always through Wells Fargo. And nothing new or closed.

And, this started right after the update to 40.21. Maybe not right after, but I never noticed it prior to.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding. This was just a shot in the dark, based on some other discussion here in the community that I remember reading.
    Not too may people use the old Alerts Center. I've stopped using it years ago ... it's just not worth it with my meager finances ... :(
    So, if there's something new showing up due to recent bug fixes, it might be worth a programmer's time to take a look into it.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there is no explanation for this.

• @Bob. - If you haven't done so already, go into the "setup" tab of Alerts Center and make sure all of the checkboxes are cleared.  This will prevent any alerts from popping up in the future.
This discussion has been closed.