What is best way to combine a lost credit card account with the replacement card account?

Options
Kip Fisher
Kip Fisher Member ✭✭
I read in Community to deactivate the online service for the lost card, and reactivate it with the new card account number, yes? Using Quicken for Mac, everything up-to-date. Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Kip Fisher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, deactivating and reactivating the account would be the correct way to disconnect the lost card and connect the new card. For instructions, please refer to this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Kip Fisher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, deactivating and reactivating the account would be the correct way to disconnect the lost card and connect the new card. For instructions, please refer to this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I echo @Quicken Anjas suggestion.  After all, to you, it's all the same account.  You can, if you wish, put in a $0 transaction with a memo denoting the change.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Kip Fisher
    Kip Fisher Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to you both!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Kip Fisher You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Also, after you set up the new account for downloading, if you want to combine the two accounts in Quicken so your history for this credit card account is in one place rather than two — from the company's perspective, you've had one continuous account, with a new card number replacing the old one — you can simply select all the transactions in the old account and drag to the new account in the left sidebar; that will move all the existing transactions to the new account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kip Fisher
    Kip Fisher Member ✭✭
    Options
    Excellent, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.