BUG Unable to enter user name because of 20 character limit

fmgenius
fmgenius Member
I am unable to set up a new Synchrony Credit account because Quicken will not let me enter an email address for my account name. There's a 20 character limit.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @fmgenius,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    fmgenius said:  There's a 20 character limit.
    Are you talking about the name you give the Quicken Account to display in the Quicken list -
    WHY would you need to name it an email address or more than say 20 chars ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rlangl77
    rlangl77 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I am trying to add a new account. My user id is my email address. However, quicken will only allow me to type 20 characters. My email address is longer than 20 characters
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I was able to duplicate this. I tried setting up a Synchrony account in Quicken, and it would only allow 20 characters for the Login ID. This isn't a limit for all institutions - I tried a different bank and was able to type more than 20 characters for the login ID, so for some reason it thinks Synchrony in particular is limited to 20 characters.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're waiting for someone at Quicken to work together with Synchrony to fix this issue ...
    To bypass the problem, have you considered setting up a new email account at your email service provider or one of the free email services? You may even be able to set this up so that incoming email automatically get redirected to your primary (long name) email account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For users with this problem, you can do two things: (1) user Help > Report a Problem to describe this issue and the fact that it is specific to Synchrony, or better (2) call Quicken Support during their telephone support hours to report this. The representative will want to walk through everything you've already tried, but hopefully they will then create a support ticket for their connectivity team (which is actually Intuit, who Quicken uses to run their connectivity). It's impossible for us as users to know if the problem is on the Intui end (their script is imposing a 20-character limit) or the Synchrony end (they are imposing the 20-character limit). so the key is to have users report this so it can be escalated to Intuit for them to fix at their end or chase down with Synchrony. Posting here on this forum won't get it reported/escalated.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.