Subscription showing "renewal cancelled" but payment taken

KIU
KIU Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)
Hi, My subscription is showing expired but my credit card renewal went through. How can do I fix this? The live chat button doesn't work and I can't call support (as that window won't pop up either). Please help.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @KIU,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, navigate to Help > About Quicken to confirm that the renewal has been applied.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KIU
    KIU Member ✭✭
    Anja, Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem as the online account says "Renewal Cancelled".
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account here internally and it is showing that the renewal went through and that your subscription is active.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here. After reinstalling, you should be prompted to sign in again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• KIU
    KIU Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja, reinstalling Quicken does not solve the problem. I have reinstalled Quicken at least 7 times but every time I reopen (either from a backup or the original file itself) Quicken says my password is invalid (I have reset it 3 times now too). However, I have no problem signing into my account on the Quicken.com/Canada website.
  • KIU
    KIU Member ✭✭
    I think part of the issue has something to do with the fact there is a Quicken.com sign in option and a Quicken.com/Canada sign in option. If I log on via Quicken.com it tells me my renewal was cancelled and if I log on to Quicken.com/Canada it tells me my renewal is active. Can you please ensure it says "active" on both?

However, I'd also like to understand why the application itself tells me my password is invalid but the website doesn't.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up with additional details. 

Internally, I'm showing that you have an active Canada subscription.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it seems that you are stuck at a sign-in screen when trying to access the program. If that's correct, see if it will give you the option to click on Create a new ID or Sign in with a different Quicken ID at the bottom of the sign-in screen (underneath "Having problems with your Quicken ID?") as shown in the example below.

If that option is there, go ahead and click on it. You should then be prompted to type "Yes" and click Sign Out.

After that, you should then be taken back to the sign-in screen again (the bottom "Having problems..." section should now no longer show), and you should now be able to sign in successfully.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• KIU
    KIU Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja, I did this. It didn't solve the problem either.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I do apologize for any inconvenience and that efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you!

-Quicken Anja

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KIU , please verify for us that you are using the Canadian version of Quicken and installed the recent update to R 40.21
    It is my understanding that a fix, R 40.28, has been released and is available for download at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    You may want to give that a try.
    BTW, in your first entry you mentioned that the "live chat button doesn't work and I can't call support (as that window won't pop up either)."
  • KIU
    KIU Member ✭✭
    UKR, I can confirm I am using 40.28 and it is the Canada Edition. I will try to contact the support team on Monday as suggested.
This discussion has been closed.