Quicken will not Import $20 Charges From BOA

Paul_in_MA
Paul_in_MA Member ✭✭
For the past 4 months or so, Quicken will not import $20 transactions from Bank of America. These are always new transactions but they do not appear in the Visa account list to accept. These just happen to be from two different charities that bill on the same day. Sometimes one will come through but today neither came through. I looked at the data file, and both transactions are there and formatted correctly. I have an excerpt that I can post if necessary.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the data file, and both transactions are there and formatted correctly. I have an excerpt that I can post if necessary.
    Yes, please do show us the evidence you have.
    If the transaction data includes a field named "<FITID>" ... are the FITID (transaction ID) numbers the same or different for each transaction?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Paul_in_MA
    Paul_in_MA Member ✭✭
    The FITIDs are different for the transactions in question. Attached is a snapshot of the two entries separated by an Amazon transaction that processed through. It almost seems as if Quicken ignores anything that is exactly $20.00
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Maybe test that theory by sending $19 or $21 the next time you donate.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FITIDs are different for the transactions in question. Attached is a snapshot of the two entries separated by an Amazon transaction that processed through. It almost seems as if Quicken ignores anything that is exactly $20.00
    The only thing I can think of is "This does not compute."
    No obvious syntax error in the data format. No duplicate FITID.
    This needs to be forwarded to the programmers, for review. Same amount on the same day on two clearly separate transactions should not discard either one or both of them.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OR, maybe those 2 FITIDs were used previously for other transactions.  You can turn on that  column  via the Gear icon at the top right of your account register and the "Register Columns" option.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.