What is the current status of downloading from Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) ?

Nlmbrd
Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
It has been 5 months since DCU made changes that required me to have a username instead of an account number. Now after resetting and/or adding new accounts it still does not work. when I set up new registers, I do not see all account and of the accounts that I do see, they do not link properly. e.g., a checking account downloads savings account transactions regardless of setting up a new register or linking an existion one

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Nlmbrd,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Digital Federal Credit Union account(s). 

Are you receiving any error codes or messages when updating your accounts or performing a One Step Update? What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken

If you are not receiving any error codes or messages, then I suggest creating a test file and adding the Digital Federal Credit Union accounts to see if the same errors occur. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
  • Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    already tried this. Does not work
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Nlmbrd,

Have you attempted to create a test file and add the DFCU account(s) per the instructions in my previous response?

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    I already did that. I did it to a live file and I restored from a backup. there was no change and I did not receive any error message. I am on Version 40.21. I will try again later and send the log files
  • Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    I also have tried resetting accounts, deactivating accounts as well as adding new accounts, and the various institutions for DCU. nothing works
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Nlmbrd said:
    I also have tried resetting accounts, deactivating accounts as well as adding new accounts, and the various institutions for DCU. nothing works
    Hello @Nimbrd

I am sorry to hear about this issue with downloads continuing. Thank you for working with us on this issue.

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    Express Web Connect
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Nlmbrd said:
    Express Web Connect
    Hello @Nlmbrd

Thank you for getting back to me with that information about the account connection. I do apologize that this problem is still present for you, at the moment. 

Given the connection method and the fact that this problem is recurring in a 'test' data file, I recommend reaching out to Digital Federal Credit Union support. It is often most helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team as these personnel are more likely to be familiar with third-party applications, like Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.