Quotes/Prices Not Updating (QWIN) [Edited]

Answers

• Quixote2
    Quixote2 Member
    What is an OSU? If I try an update, it says I have the latest version of Quicken, R40.21. still not updating prices.
  • mrlarsen
    mrlarsen Member ✭✭
    My several attempts to download stock quotes this morning 5-17-2022 have not worked. Quotes do not download even though no error is indicated. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Bill Pa
    Bill Pa Member ✭✭
    Securities price quotes were not updating yesterday... finally did late in the day. Broken again this morning 5/17.
  • @Quixote2 - OSU = One Step Update
  • alancgut
    alancgut Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem also. Quotes in the portfolio are not updating consistently. This has been happening for several days now.
  • Alank287
    Alank287 Member
    Quicken is not downloading the prices of equites and ETFs today
  • edleroy1945
    edleroy1945 Member ✭✭
    Quotes not updating.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Close/reopen Quicken
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Robert
    Robert Member ✭✭✭
    Issue continues.   I followed Quicken Anja's instructions to sign out and sign in.   No update. 
  • Cambridge50
    Cambridge50 Member
    Two issues: First, as I have read elsewhere on the forum, the values of my accounts are all off. I can't tell why or how to change them. The values assigned in Quicken are higher than real. And while withdrawals are in the record in quicken, they don't reduce the total acct. value.

Second: A have a fidelity brokerage acct. that consists of two mutual funds. Only one shows up in quicken. How do I get the other to show up?
  • misterconcrete
    misterconcrete Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    quicken deluxe for windows (subscription service). Same issues, yes I have done the validation/repair...sign in and out... No luck.

When I was working, if I made mistakes designing and delivering concrete, buildings could fall. When quicken messes up, it is an "inconvenienience for 10s of thousands, if not millions. Somehow, we have grown to expect this from quicken.

Been loyally using quicken for decades and have seen problems like this happening all too frequently. Unfortunately, I have never been able to find anything better. Microsoft money did ok for BIT. As a customer $ A SHAREHOLDER I wish they could do better.

Back in 2003 I lost all data...so my records only go back that far....Since then I back it up ALL the time and keep it on two computers. That poses OTHER problems As I don't pay for 2 subscriptions.

I have had to have them redo my file when it became "corrupt" doing what I usually do (update , download account data, etc.... Of course, I am not a techie....but they can certainly do better.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    That did not work, still will not update
  • dgyp
    dgyp Member ✭✭
    It wasn't working earlier today, it just refreshed for my stocks a minute ago
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    I did the SIGN OUT/IN suggestion once and it didn't work.  I did it again (and this time making sure I closed everything then restarted Quicken before signing back in) and that has solved it (for now, at least.)
  • mattmcg
    mattmcg Member
    Been trying to update my stock portfolio but am not receiving updated stock quotes today. Been a few hours. Current time is 12:44p PT on Tue 5/17. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
  • misterconcrete
    misterconcrete Member ✭✭
    I also signed out and in and did everything else quicken says. no luck
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding stock quotes not updating. You may follow this link in order to access the alert and bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. Please note, the instructions located within the alert. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• misterconcrete
    misterconcrete Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    tried it again. I was logged in...logged out, logged back in. valdidated and repaired etc.... tried to download quotes. Only one security updated. Walmart...which I bought today and entered manually into my quicken account. [Removed - Sarcasm]
  • Bill Pa
    Bill Pa Member ✭✭
    I just got updated quotes... didn't log out or do anything... just did an update and it started working. I think the "log out and log back in"/ then "validate" thing isn't really needed.

Has happened two days in a row... not working in the morning... then about 4 EST or a little after... quotes start working again.
  • Old Gasser
    Old Gasser Member ✭✭
    I have logged out and logged in but the stock quote updates still does not work. I have the latest version and the program seems to go through the normal update process but no update of prices occurs. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Old Gasser
    Old Gasser Member ✭✭
    I just closed Quicken and then reopened it. Tried the update again and this time it worked. Previously I logged out and back in then closed and reopened but it still didn't work. I hope it's fixed.
  • pab1
    pab1 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Have tried logging out and logging back in w/o improvement.
  • Irv Spalten
    Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
    I am on Windows with the latest. Almost 6PM EDT. I have the same problem. Logged out, shutdown, and opened and logged in. Ran JUST my Brokerage account. ONLY 1 stock updated the Gain/Loss column. OK, closed and reopened again. This time ran ALL Quicken accounts... opened the Brokerage, now I have 3 stocks with data...

Please fix this.

I decided to try it again, closed Q, opened it and this time UPDATE the Brokerage account (TD Ameritrade if that matters) and the 'results' said 1 account updated with no new data. Open my holdings, now 4 stocks have data!!!

Clearly broken and I never changed anything but log out and in.
  • RBElliott
    RBElliott Member ✭✭
    All of my stocks have now updated, but none of my ETFs will update.
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    I signed out and signed back in and then did "rebuild investing lots" under "validate and repair file..." and all quotes finally updated. Will see what happens tomorrow.
  • misterconcrete
    misterconcrete Member ✭✭
    still working on this, hours later. Manually went in to a mutual fund account and update from there. One of My mutual fund companies downloaded that way, but not the other. All stocks and ETFs have finally updated. Have done the sign out/sign in thing several times, and the validate/repair thing. Doesn't seem like that can be the issue.
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Started yesterday. Some quotes were coming in ETF's but not mutual finds till this morning. Same today. I did log out and back in. Updated quotes and everything worked.
  • Could this have anything to do with the Windows 10 or .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 for Windows 10 Ver 21H2 x64 updates released 5/10/22? Can't say for sure but I don't believe that mutual fund quotes have updated normally since I rebooted to that update.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @Godblesstheduke - You have a good point.  I had no issues with the Windows Update released on 5/10.  I also have had no issues with price updates either yesterday or today.  I wondered also if there is a correlation.  
  • Kautzie
    Kautzie Member
    I went through the recommended steps for Windows. The first part resulted in most, but not all, of the quotes updating. The second part (about Validate/Repair/Rebuild) resulted in all but one updating. I repeated this process with no additional success to get the software to update the final stock information. The ticker symbol is IEMG and it is active on the NYSE.

What's the next step?
This discussion has been closed.