Citizens Bank - no longer supporting Quicken Direct Connect or Bill Payments as of 6/1/22

Frank306
Frank306 Member ✭✭
Just received a pop-up when I opened Quicken today. "IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM CITIZENS BANK
Citizens will no longer be accepting new customer enrollments for Intuit Direct Connection service effective April 30, 2022".

Does this mean existing customers will still have access to Direct Connection?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello @Frank306,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question.

That message usually means that any customers that try to set up Direct Connect that did not have it set up previously will not be able to set it up after the change takes effect. Customers that did already have Direct Connect setup prior to this change taking effect will be considered "grandfathered in" and will still continue to be able to connect using Direct Connect. However, this is a bank policy change not a Quicken policy change so I would recommend reaching out to Citizens Bank to confirm this information. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Frank306
    Frank306 Member ✭✭
    Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Frank306,

No problem!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jahjimhall
    jahjimhall Member ✭✭
    I just got off the phone to Citizens support, and they told me that starting June, NOBODY will be able to use Direct Connect. They said existing direct connect customers will not be able to use it. You can use express web connect, but that means downloads only, not being able to use Bill pay from within Quicken. to initiate transactions. UGH! Time to look for another bank.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On several occasions, I've changed banks, or cards, because of downgraded Q support.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    jahjimhall said: I just got off the phone to Citizens support,
    and they told me that starting June, NOBODY will be able to use Direct Connect.
    Since Quicken lists dozens of "Citizens Bank" - is there one specific one you are using - or ???
    [EDIT] - also updated the topic title to better reflect actual Q&A... based upon postings

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frank306
    Frank306 Member ✭✭
    I have been using Citizen's Bank New England-Consumer
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank306 said:
    I have been using Citizen's Bank New England-Consumer
    tnx - here is what it currently supports..... will update as things change -
    07030    07030    07030    Citizens Bank - New Engl Consumer    http://www.citizensbank.com/   
    1-800-723-0777    https://www1.citizensbankonline.com/    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT             
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frank306
    Frank306 Member ✭✭
    I do not have "credit" under the dropdown of banking. For " https://www1.citizensbankonline.com/ " access denied
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank306 said: I do not have "credit" under the dropdown of banking.
    For " https://www1.citizensbankonline.com/ " access denied
    that is for Quicken internal access to the bank for downloading - NOT for outside web users login

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• joanjps
    joanjps Member ✭✭
    Can someone provide a telephone number for that department? Thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again - I would suggest you always post WHICH of the dozen or so Citizens Banks you are using within Quicken
    Since Quicken lists dozens of "Citizens Bank" -  WHICH EXACT one are you using - as they might be different ???

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frank306
    Frank306 Member ✭✭
    1-888-910-4100 is a number that will eventually reach Citizen online banking support. Will need bank account number or debit card numbers; last 4 digits of S.S. then options 4-1-3. Maybe if enough of us complain, they may reconsider
  • digitalmediaphile
    digitalmediaphile Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know FOR CERTAIN if express web connect will be supported or if they are trying to force everyone to the Citizens online banking site to downloaded from the web. The USPS snail mail letter they sent out has no mention of express. They go to great lengths to describe setting up a bank feed connection type and using online banking.
  • digitalmediaphile
    > @jahjimhall said:
    > I just got off the phone to Citizens support, and they told me that starting June, NOBODY will be able to use Direct Connect. They said existing direct connect customers will not be able to use it. You can use express web connect, but that means downloads only, not being able to use Bill pay from within Quicken. to initiate transactions. UGH! Time to look for another bank.

They told me that both Direct Connect and Express Web Connect will stop working and that ONLY web connect via the Citizens online banking website itself will work.
  • digitalmediaphile
    I have been told by a second person at Citizens that no downloads of any kind will be possible through Quicken OSU or Update Now. They state only downloads from the official Citizens bank web site will be permitted. They don't seem to care about losing customers over this as it is a business decision. I suspect that the costs involved in switching to a new system and/or whatever the cost is for them to provide service through Quicken is a cost they no longer wish to carry.
  • Teddybaer1@
    Teddybaer1@ Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo offers excellent Quicken support, and to the best of one customer service representative's knowledge, they have no plans to discontinue Direct Connect. It is my understanding that downloads will still be possible, but it will basically be a manual process. My credit union uses Web Connect (the batch method). It is cumbersome and time consuming. Shame on Citizens for making this choice.
  • digitalmediaphile
    > @Teddybaer1@aol.com said:
    > Wells Fargo offers excellent Quicken support, and to the best of one customer service representative's knowledge, they have no plans to discontinue Direct Connect. It is my understanding that downloads will still be possible, but it will basically be a manual process. My credit union uses Web Connect (the batch method). It is cumbersome and time consuming. Shame on Citizens for making this choice.

WF does not have any local branches here, and that is a requirement. I went to Citizens this morning to make a wire transfer to my new selected bank - TD Bank. There were clothes and garbage strewn in the lobby (homeless people obviously had slept there) that had not been removed. And first they insisted that I needed an appointment to make a wire transfer. I held my ground and made some noise so they "accommodated" me. It was very unpleasant.

I think Citizen's is going to be surprised at the number of Quicken and QuickBooks customers that won't put up with manual downloads per account.
  • Teddybaer1@
    Teddybaer1@ Member ✭✭
    Citizens has forced me to make the transition to Wells Fargo. I will say, my "brick and mortar" experience at Citizens has always been good (except for their indifference about this abandonment of Quicken DirectConnect). The clerks were friendly and offices clean. I recently did a wire transfer at Citizens with no appointment necessary.
    I tweeted, sent e-mail, made a personal visit to the local Citizen's office, but they apparently don't care if they lose my business.
    Perhaps Quicken needs to improve their marketing. It is my opinion many bank tellers are not aware of the full potential of Quicken and Quickbooks. Tellers seem to have been brainwashed into thinking the bank's own on-line service is sufficient. We all know the advantages to managing multiple accounts in one app. Perhaps this is not the correct forum for advocating Quicken, but I will remain a Quicken customer as long as the banks support it. I repeat, Shame on Citizens for making this choice.
  • digitalmediaphile
    > @Teddybaer1@ said:
    > Citizens has forced me to make the transition to Wells Fargo.
    >I repeat, Shame on Citizens for making this choice.

Citizens staff received specific training on what to tell complaining Quicken users (A.K.A. brainwashing).
This discussion has been closed.