Citibank and CC-502 error

ricksvt52
ricksvt52 Member ✭✭
Seems like this happens every other week. Downloads were OK a couple days ago. No connection now and when I try to reset the Citibank account all I get is a CC-502 error (no connection). I can log into my Citibank account outside of Quicken so it is not a problem on their side. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have reopened the Alert for this issue and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ricksvt52 said:
    Seems like this happens every other week. Downloads were OK a couple days ago. No connection now and when I try to reset the Citibank account all I get is a CC-502 error (no connection). I can log into my Citibank account outside of Quicken so it is not a problem on their side. Any suggestions?
    Hello @ricksvt52,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account downloads and the CC-502 error message. Thank you for asking about this matter here on the Quicken Community.

If it has been over 48 hours since this issue began, I recommend speaking with Quicken Support using the contact information that can be found in this link. They have additional tools and resources with which to diagnose, document, and troubleshoot this issue. I wish that I were able to provide a resolution from the Community, but this is the best means of proceeding. 

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I started receiving a CC-502 error from Citi (banking) today (Mon, 5/23) as well. Worked fine over the weekend.

Q Premier r40.21 Win 11
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I do apologize for this ongoing issue with CC-502 error messages and account connectivity. Thank you for continuing to work with us on this problem. 

We have been able to replicate this issue internally, and we are now investigating the matter further. Information regarding what is happening is being forwarded to the proper channels. It would benefit our research into the situation if you could submit program log files by going to Help > Report a Problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then submit a brief description of the issue along with any screenshots you may be able to provide. Please note that these files are for purely analytical purposes and you will not receive a response through these submissions. We are unable to provide an ETA on a resolution, and we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Joseph Arden
    Joseph Arden Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure there is a way to indicate that I am having the same problem other than leaving a comment. I have not been able to access Citibank for several days. CC-502
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have reopened the Alert for this issue and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ricksvt52
    ricksvt52 Member ✭✭
    Tried again 24 hrs later and it worked fine this time.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem seems to be intermittent. I was able to make a connection a few hours after my report yesterday, but I'm getting the CC 502 error again this morning.
  • Paul V
    Paul V Member ✭✭
    Same problem here, although not intermittent. It has been a hard failure for several days.
  • Larry Nichoalds
    Larry Nichoalds Member ✭✭✭
    Been having the same issue with Citi, i.e., the notorious CC-502, for the last three days. I finally decided to try deactivating the account and re-activating it. At first I experienced a connection problem, but the second attempt worked. I relinked the account and, voila, it working now... at least for the moment.
  • tired techie
    tired techie Member ✭✭
    When will Quicken fix the Citibank connection problem once and for all? This instability / bug / defect has been with us on-and-off for YEARS!

Instead of releasing new features that may or may not be useful to the majority of your users, can you PLEASE address the connection to one of the largest banks in the country.

Thank you.
  • Paul V
    Paul V Member ✭✭
    > @Paul V said:
    > Same problem here, although not intermittent. It has been a hard failure for several days.

Fixed today, 5/25. Thanks.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:
    The problem seems to be intermittent. I was able to make a connection a few hours after my report yesterday, but I'm getting the CC 502 error again this morning.
    Three days in a row I've gotten CC 502 errors in the AM, and then successful connections in the PM. I suspect the problem is some sort of timing/process issue at Citi.
  • Paul V
    Paul V Member ✭✭
    > @Paul V said:
    > > @Paul V said:
    > > Same problem here, although not intermittent. It has been a hard failure for several days.
    >
    > Fixed today, 5/25. Thanks.
    And today we are back to CC-502. Guess intermittent is the correct diagnosis.
  • qkn.dan
    qkn.dan Member ✭✭
    Same problem for about a week now, never works
  • Ping
    Ping Member
    So it's been 4 days and still no fix?
  • Thomas Stelmack
    Thomas Stelmack Member ✭✭
    I have two citibank accounts each with 2 credit cards. this has been a recurring theme for several weeks with intermittent resolution! Today one of the two accounts downloaded after several update attempts. the other one continues to have the 502 error code.
  • bcng6594
    bcng6594 Member
    I've had no success with downloading my transactions from Citibank for two weeks now. When will this be resolved????
  • benb408
    benb408 Member ✭✭
    Same here. I tried to reset the account and now I can't add it back. This must be fixed.
  • benb408
    benb408 Member ✭✭
    One observation, www.online.citibank.com, which is what quicken indicates is the website, address is broken at times. Yesterday it was broken, now it redirects to www.citi.com.
  • LocoMoco10
    LocoMoco10 Member ✭✭
    Contacted quicken support. Seems they are researching the problem. In the meantime they suggested just manually downloading the QFX file from Citi.
  • retireharley
    retireharley Member
    I cannot connect to CitiBank for2 weeks now...down solid.
  • JHPINLA
    JHPINLA Member
    Still cannot connect today after clearing cache and leaving approx 20 hours. This happens regularly but sometimes comes back and sometimes not, I can access bank directly with no trouble. Connection problems with Quicken need sorting long before adding any extra twiddles.
  • hla04768
    hla04768 Member
    Why no answer from quicken
  • sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    Still unable to update from Citibank 98% of the time. This has been going on for an extended period. May we have a progress report and/or update please?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You may need to allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:

You may need to allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement

From what I know this access only applies to Direct Connect, which is only available for credit cards and when using the financial institution name of "Citi Cards" (not Citibank, or others).

For account types that aren't credit cards Citi customers are stuck with Express Web Connect which is of course error prone and is broken right now as @Quicken Anja pointed out.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    Following up on my comment of concern yesterday about Citi update failures, for whatever reason it worked today the first time. That's one day in a row.
  • sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    Following up on my comment about Citi One step update failures, for whatever reason it worked today the second day in a row. Unprecedented! Perhaps precurser about good things to come.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sangley said:
    Following up on my comment about Citi One step update failures, for whatever reason it worked today the second day in a row. Unprecedented! Perhaps precurser about good things to come.
    Shhhh!!! Not so loud! Murphy might hear you!!!
    <g,d,r>
This discussion has been closed.