Citi Card Downloads

Tried my daily One Step Update and again Citi failed twice. On the third time it said update successful and "2 new transactions" but nothing downloaded. This has happened before. (See screen print attached). Why is updating for Citi Bank Cards such a problem

Comments

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    I have also been having problems with my Citi Costco card download.
  • JL3
    JL3 Member
    me too!
  • margegc
    margegc Member ✭✭
    When I run an update, transactions show cleared; however they stopped showing up at all on the reconcile screen back on May 7! Received Citi Costco statement and all seems to agree, but frustrating not to have Quicken update and be able to reconcile.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab

Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Wendell Smith
    Wendell Smith Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with the Citi Costco Visa card. No downloading for several days. I verified the login and password on the Citi website. I tried to reactivate the online account in Quicken and get an error cc-502 "oops, there is a connection problem."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit he Community to report the issues with Citi that you are experiencing this, though we apologize for any trouble.

The issues with Citibank are known issues that have been escalated internally and are being worked on, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alerts found here and here for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime and would appreciate your patience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Wendell Smith
    Wendell Smith Member ✭✭
    Somehow, I just had success. I logged in directly via the Citi website, then reactivated the account in Quicken. It worked.

This may have something to do with it:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911977/fixed-cc-502-error-with-citi-cards-by-switching-to-direct-connect?_ics=1654010305361&irclickid=~fokb52mpnvn.g~20VSRHxqlh~-12ZOJFypf8YRMIz
  • margegc
    margegc Member ✭✭
    I too finally had the issue resolved by this method. Also, following another suggestion, I changed financial institution from Citibank to Citi Cards before reactivating account and switching to Direct Connect. One or both solved the problem!
  • fab5friend
    fab5friend Member ✭✭
    I was going into Q to change from Citibank to Citi Cards. Edit Account Details then Online Services. But before I Deactivated I decided to try Reset Account and that worked, at least for now. We'll see how long that lasts.
  • j-castiglia
    j-castiglia Member ✭✭
    I tried Citibank for checking/savings and Citi cards for charge accounts. Still can not connect.
  • j-castiglia
    j-castiglia Member ✭✭
    Update: Under Citi "Manage Desktop Apps", removed access to clear current Quicken access and then selected "Add Access" to start again. In Quicken I set up connection again with "Citi Cards", direct connection. Both of my Citi card accounts were found and transactions downloaded. My Citi checking and saving can not be accessed from Citi cards. Also can not connect Checking and Savings using Citibank.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    I cannot figure out how to change from Citibank to Citicards without creating a new account. Doesn't seem like that workaround is working for folks 100% of the time anyhow. Any other hints?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot figure out how to change from Citibank to Citicards without creating a new account. Doesn't seem like that workaround is working for folks 100% of the time anyhow. Any other hints?
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of both account register and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Work around:  Do not change anything in Quicken!  Log on to your Citi Bank card account and disable 2-Step Authentication.  Wait a minute, then use Quicken > Accounts > Update Selected Online Account or Update All Online Accounts.  After transactions download go back to your Citi account and enable 2-Step Authentication.  Worked for me!

• ValerieA
    ValerieA Member
    After I contacted Citi support today and they let me know that I needed to do the activate apps thing, I re-set up with Direct Connect and it worked. Citi support was clueless about whether they should recommend Direct Connect or Quicken Connect.
  • PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    > @Bosco said:
    > Work around:  Do not change anything in Quicken!  Log on to your Citi Bank card account and disable 2-Step Authentication.  Wait a minute, then use Quicken > Accounts > Update Selected Online Account or Update All Online Accounts.  After transactions download go back to your Citi account and enable 2-Step Authentication.  Worked for me!

This worked for me. Thanks
  • cyrusmd
    cyrusmd Member ✭✭
    I did it this way and it worked. My 2-step authentication was never on. Thanx for your tip too.
  • glawa
    glawa Member ✭✭
    CITI Card updates have been a problem for years. Usually resulting in a CC-501 error. Recently I started receiving CC-502 errors, but occasionally it would update. The week of June12, 2022 Quicken app gave me the option to try and fix the problem (this option did not seem to be offered before). The fix re-activated my account, and the update worked. The next day I received a CC-502 again. Just as before CITI updates will sometimes work, but most often result in CC-502. My point is this is not just an account setting problem. Quicken will update CITI card sometimes without doing anything.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    glawa said:
    CITI Card updates have been a problem for years. Usually resulting in a CC-501 error. Recently I started receiving CC-502 errors, but occasionally it would update. The week of June12, 2022 Quicken app gave me the option to try and fix the problem (this option did not seem to be offered before). The fix re-activated my account, and the update worked. The next day I received a CC-502 again. Just as before CITI updates will sometimes work, but most often result in CC-502. My point is this is not just an account setting problem. Quicken will update CITI card sometimes without doing anything.
    I on the other hand have had a Costco Citi credit card setup with 5/31/2016 with Direct Connect and have never had any problems with it.

CC- errors are for Express Web Connect which is always error prone.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cyrusmd
    cyrusmd Member ✭✭
    Did any of you try this option as shown in the attached .jpg. ,my issues disappeared.
This discussion has been closed.