No Cloud

eekfleming
eekfleming Member ✭✭
Good afternoon.
I don't wish my receipts to be saved to the cloud. At all. Ever. It is not always practical to scan and save receipts to a file on my hard drive, but I don't appreciate being forced to send them to the cloud. Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @eekfleming,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and expressing your concerns.

If you do not wish to sync any data to the Quicken Cloud, then I recommend that you turn Cloud Sync off.

In order to do so, please follow the instructions provided below to turn off Cloud Sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you do not want Quicken to save a receipt to the cloud account associated with a Quicken file, I suggest you do not attach the receipt to a transaction or account register.  Quicken will copy a range of file types to the cloud account automatically regardless of whether Sync has ever been enabled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    If you do not want Quicken to save a receipt to the cloud account associated with a Quicken file, I suggest you do not attach the receipt to a transaction or account register.  Quicken will copy a range of file types to the cloud account automatically regardless of whether Sync has ever been enabled.
    Note this is only true of Express Web Connect accounts, not Direct Connect accounts.
    The basic reason for this is because Express Web Connect uses "Sync" (the same one used for Sync to Mobile/web) to get transactions from the Quicken Cloud dataset.   Direct Connect doesn't go through the Quicken Cloud dataset and so doesn't do that kind of syncing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.