Cannot add account

I have been trying to add an account at Bank of American but the program will not let me do it. I have tried everyway, but nope. So it generates a error message I forward and of course no response from this company and I am very upset

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Hello @MEFROMIOWA,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with adding your Bank of America account(s).

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    I would love to send you a picture
  • MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    ok now I have sent you the pictures. My wife changed her password. I have it and tried to get her accounts to update and they won't connect. I followed all the steps and still they won't connect. Her account password is the same number of characters as mine. I am using Monterey, my computer is an imac 24 inch with the M1 chip. I am frustrated.
  • MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    Seems I have submitted everything requested. and of course, no response.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @MEFROMIOWA This Community Forum is not Quicken Support. If you want to talk to a Support representative, you can call them. This forum consists mainly of fellow Quicken users as well as a handful of Quicken moderators, who try to help users with questions or problems. But back-and-forth on the forum takes time, so if you're looking for immediate response and interactivity, you might be more satisfied calling Quicken Support. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    I was asked for screen shots of my issue. I assumed that the person asking for them was knowledgeable. Silly me for assuming anything with Quicken, much less , for a mac user. Oh why do I trust anyone anymore in the money game?
  • jacobs
    @MEFROMIOWA Your sarcastic and caustic replies aren't helping. ;) As I explained, this site is not Quicken Support. Have you contacted Support? This site can be great resource for people having problems, but we -- fellow Quicken users like me as well as the Quicken moderators -- can't resolve every issue. Since you seem intent on insulting people trying to help you, and complaining when you don't get speedy replies, I will just bow out.
  • MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    The answer is yes, in fact 5 times. Your assumption is incorrect. I posted here, in the community, to find if anyone else has had a problem with a changed password with Bank of America. The password works if I use it online website, but for some reason Quicken for Mac can't attach. It did . My wife changed her password and I did as I said earlier. 5 have submitted 5 error report emails to Quicken using the form that pops up.
    So please don't get snarky with me. I don't need this.
  • jacobs
    I'm not being snarky with you; I was being forthright in how I perceived your responses in this thread. For what it's worth, your original post above does not say you were seeking to find out if anyone else was seeing the same problem you experienced; it just registered a complaint that you experienced a problem and an additional complaint that you hadn't received a response. 

I have submitted 5 error report emails to Quicken using the form that pops up

Just so you know, Quicken doesn't have email customer support; the error messages you sent may be used internally, but they won't get back to you personally (except in very rare cases where they want more information). If you want to speak with someone and get a response, Quicken Support is the way to go, as noted in the error messages you received. You may or may not get an answer to your problem, but at least you'll be talking with someone. (And by the way, I didn't offer any response on the specific BoA issue you're having because I don't have any BoA accounts and didn't think I could help you with the issue.)

One thing I can suggest is editing the title of this thread. "Cannot add account" is generic, and your problem is specific to BoA. If you're looking to see if others have, or have had, a similar BoA problem, I'd suggest changing the subject line to something like "Trying to add BoA account: Direct Connect not offered? Quicken Connect fails? Help!" (If this forum site won't let you edit the original post, reply here and that's something I can do to help.)

• MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    I give up. I am going to find out how to delete this thread. Oh by the way, Banktivity works for some reason, but it uses Yodelee and I am not comfortable with that as I really don't understand it. Anyway, I am betting something to do with either my Bitdefender anti-virus or the M1 chip.
  • MEFROMIOWA
    MEFROMIOWA Member
    Ah.... Got it . 2 factor authorization on Bank of America accounts. Well I can always set up a periodic transaction, such as car payment, and then go on site and download and import into the appropriate account. Not the best but is a workaround that will work.
  • IMFROMMANITOBA
    IMFROMMANITOBA Unconfirmed, Member
    Hello I am using the canadian subscription version of quicken, I recently transferred some funds to a GIC (term investment) and am trying to manually add an account but get an error message "Quicken count not complete your request. Try again later."
  • jacobs
    Could you clarify what you mean that you are trying to manually add an account? Are you creating an account in which you will manually enter transactions (e.g. not connect to the financial institution)?  Or are you adding an account and picking the financial institution name from the list? If the latter, what type of account are you selecting from the list, and what financial institution are you selecting from the list?
This discussion has been closed.