Why does a maximized Quicken window extend across multiple displays?

tfalabella
tfalabella Member
I'm on Quicken Deluxe R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10 (Windows 11 Home) - subscription. Quicken does not properly resize to the maximum screensize when you have duel monitors and the monitor screen resolution is different on the two monitors. If you move the Quicken app to the secondary monitor (not the main display) and click maximize it fills the secondary monitor and part of the laptop display.

It's the exact same issue that hasn't been fixed from years ago:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874677/why-does-a-maximized-quicken-window-extend-across-multiple-displays

This has been happening for various versions of Quicken for me for several years, ever since I started using a UHD 32" monitor as my secondary monitor. Also when dragging a Quicken window (non-maximized) from the main monitor (non-UHD monitor) to the secondary monitor (UHD monitor) the window repaints VERY slowly. When using any other app that is a window and moving from one display to the other the repaint is instantaneous.

In case Quicken ever decides to finally fix this simple issue here are more details.

Main display:
resolution 1920 x 1080, Scale 125%
Secondary display:
resolution 3840 x 2160, Scale 150%
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @tfalabella,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with using your Quicken for Windows application on dual monitors. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tfalabella
    tfalabella Member
    Again, the window when maximized is on 2 screens so it's 2 screen prints you would need. See attached.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken incorrectly sizes its main window to your main display even if Quicken is on the second display.  To workaround this move Quicken to the main display or make your second display the main display in the Windows display settings.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.