Check Number in Register

Options
JamesBorders
JamesBorders Member ✭✭
Is there a way to increase the number of digits in the check number field in the register? My bank uses 6 digits check number for electronic payments but it appears that my register only records 4 digits for these transactions.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not aware of any setting that can be changed to increase the number of digits shown in the check number field.  But one of my banks downloads 6 digits and they all show up in that field without me doing anything.
    Are the 1st 2 digits of those check numbers zero's?  If so, maybe those 1st 2 digits are not getting downloaded?  A bank I used to have an account with used to download like that....deleted the first two 0-fill numbers and only downloaded the other 4 digits.
    Something you might want to do if you have not already done so is to expand the check number column.  It's possible that the 2 numbers are not showing up because the column is too narrow.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• William Vowles
    Options
    Having a similar problem my checks have 5 digits when doing downloading to reconcile Quicken will not recognize 5 digits it shows a new check number with only the last 4 digits.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you know how to check the OFX Log and/or Cloud Sync Log files in Quicken, see if you can locate one or more of the most recently downloaded check numbers. You should be able to find them closer to the bottom of the log file.
    Do you see the complete 5 or 6 digit check number or just 4 digits?
    If you need help with that, call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to review the log files, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• JamesBorders
    JamesBorders Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac////; I've already tried expanding the check number field. That didn't solve my problem.

SUGGESTION TO QUICKEN SUPPORT - Create a settings preference to allow the end-user to specify the number of digits he/she wants to have.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    SUGGESTION TO QUICKEN SUPPORT - Create a settings preference to allow the end-user to specify the number of digits he/she wants to have.
    Quicken allows up to 12 digits in the check number. If check numbers are being mangled, the first thing to check is the log files for those downloaded checks and see what the bank is sending.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.