How can I get Hargray Communications to work with QuickPay?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    kemmere said:
    Hello @kemmere

I am sorry for any confusion regarding QuickPay that you may have experienced. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, have you set up QuickPay already, and tried the steps listed below when attempting to set up a payment?

1. Go to the Bills & Income tab.
    2. Click Quick Pay next to the biller you want to pay.

Quicken Bill Manager How To Make Payments Using Quick Pay and Check Pay

1. In the Make a Quick Pay Payment screen, enter the payment and transaction details. 

The required information includes: 

• Payment Amount: By default, we will display the amount of the bill, but you have the flexibility to pay a different amount. For a credit card bill, you will have the minimum amount, total amount due, and a choice to pay any amount between those two amounts.
    • Account to use: Any account that is enabled for Quick Pay Payments. 
    • Date: This will default to the current date because all the payments happen in real time. You can also change this to the date you want the payment to process. The amount of time a payment can be scheduled out is determined by the biller. To avoid any late fees, scheduling the payment two or three days prior to the due date is recommended.
    • Category, Tag, and Memo fields: These are used to create the transaction in the register and will help Quicken to create better reports on your payments and transactions. 
    1. Click Pay Now
    2. Review your payment details, then click Confirm

1. In the Quick Pay Payment is Processing screen, click OK
    I am eager to hear your answer, and I hope to keep working with you on this issue in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Jared said:  ...Go to the Bills & Income tab.
    I think the basic beginning question should be ..... and maybe what the OP is asking -
    How can they setup the - Hargray Communications - as a PAYEE ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ps56k2 said:
    Quicken Jared said:  ...Go to the Bills & Income tab.
    I think the basic beginning question should be ..... and maybe what the OP is asking -
    How can they setup the - Hargray Communications - as a PAYEE ?

Hello @Ps56k2,    

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I appreciate your help.

If that is the case, @kemmere can follow the steps listed below after saving a backup:

If a Payee is going to be added manually

1. Click on Tools on the top menu bar, then select Memorized Payee List.
    2. Click New Payee.
    3. In the Create Memorized Payee dialog, enter the payee information.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each memorized payee you want to add.

New payees are also added when you create new transactions in the account register. You can turn off the auto-memorizing of new payees in the Quicken Preferences.

1. Select Edit menu > Preferences.
    2. In the left pane, select Data entry and QuickFill.
    3. Click to clear the Automatically memorize new payees checkbox, and then click OK
    More can be read about these instructions in the Support Article listed here.

I hope that is helpful!

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    I have repeatedly tried to set Hargray up as a Quickpay and it does not go through.
  • kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    I can sign in to my Hargray account via the web however Quickpay cannot be set up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quick Pay requires an online bill however all online billers do not support Quick Pay.

If Quicken has received an online bill for your Hargray Communications account but Hargray Communications has chosen not to allow the third-party bill aggregation service used by Quicken to enter payments in their payment portal, I suggest you pay the bill some way other than Quick Pay.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemmere said: I have repeatedly tried to set Hargray up as a Quickpay and it does not go through.
    That doesn't help us understand..... what exactly are you doing, and what is the resulting display, error message, etc -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    I don't know how I can be more explicit.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Well, I guess if you can't explain exactly what you are doing in Quicken to setup this Bill Payee & Payment,
    and what Quicken is doing in response to your menu entries -
    then we can't help... and you'll need to try contacting Quicken Support -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemmere said: I don't know how I can be more explicit.
    ie..... car doesn't work  !! -
    open door - get in - car doesn't move .....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] 
  • kemmere
    kemmere Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    kemmere said:
    [Removed - Off Topic]
    You did all that because other users were not able to assist you because you would not provide them any of the information they requested?  Information they said they would need in order to be able to provide assistance?  LOL!  That's ripe!

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This post no longer contributes to a constructive conversation and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.