Chase - Program Freezes when Attempting to Update

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chase Connection Update error.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello again,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution and a ticket has been opened, though we do not currently have an ETA on resolution.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4220)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Neutro
    Neutro Member ✭✭
    I received the message today from Quicken regarding updating the Chase connection. When I try to update the connection in Quicken the screen dims and the program freezes.
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same behavior, with my Chase accounts. Every path to setup online banking for my Chase accounts causes the screen to dim, as if a dialog is going to be shown. But no dialog is every shown and the app must be killed.

I have uninstalled Quicken, removed the Quickn directory from Program Files (x86), and re-installed the program. The problem persists.

This is a serious issue. An app should NEVER hang like this.
  • Bob K.
    Bob K. Member ✭✭✭
    Got an email today from Quicken that we could now convert to the new system Chase would be using to download transactions. However, the email did not say how to do it. Got with Quicken support and the agent walked me through the process and we were able to make the conversion to the new system for my checking account but before we could get the money market account converted we got an error message from Chase to try later. After hanging up with the agent, I noticed my checking account balance had changed. After some time investigating I found that some unknown number of transactions had been deleted from my checking account register going back at least into 2021. Now my historic transactions were inaccurate and my account balance was wrong. I restored a recent backup version so no harm but I am now back on the old system. Called Quicken support with this issue and we were trying to do the conversion again when the system locked up (this had happened earlier during my first conversion attempt). Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue? It would appear the new system may not be ready yet??
  • groovydub
    groovydub Member
    I have the same thing right now. Tried chat support and they couldn't fix it. They told me to wait 24 hours to see if it works, and then contact them back if it is persisting. Every solution I've read and tried leads me back to the same dim screen at the one step update.
  • TimMarciniak
    TimMarciniak Member ✭✭
    Me too.
    Windows 11
    Quicken Premier via Subscription
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    I received an E-mail with the subject line, "Action Required: Update your Chase accounts in Quicken". It said to setup Chase in Quicken.

In Quicken, I went to my Chase credit, went to account properties, and then to Setup online (since I had deactivated it). My entire Quicken just froze. Yesterday, it stayed frozen for 45 minute before I forced it down.
  • Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    This is my experience too. But to be more precise, I don't think Quicken is "freezing". It looks more like the Quicken window is dimming, like it does when there is a modal dialog box, but there is no modal dialog box. Killing it with task manager is the only way forward.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• scottforgues
    scottforgues Member ✭✭
    I went through the new authorization process with Chase and it popped up and didn't allow me to select my existing accounts. After cancelling the process, now all that happens is the Quicken app dims like there should be a popup but there is no popup...nothing. I tried reverting back and starting over and still the same problem. I tried deactivating all the accounts and tried to set up online links fresh and still same problem of dimmed Quicken and no popup. Any ideas as to what to do next? Maybe wait until they fix this process?
  • Jack Scripps
    Jack Scripps Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Dim screen and Quicken freezes when I attempt to reactivate my Chase bank download connection (after deactivating it purposefully). Serious issue.
  • Jack Scripps
    Jack Scripps Member ✭✭
    I cannot navigate to Help -- Report a problem because Quicken dims and freezes. The only way I can get out of it is to close Quicken in the task manager app, so no log files, etc. can be sent to you to help figure out the problem.
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jack Scripps said:
    > I cannot navigate to Help -- Report a problem because Quicken dims and freezes. The only way I can get out of it is to close Quicken in the task manager app, so no log files, etc. can be sent to you to help figure out the problem.

You could relaunch the app and go immediately to Help -> Report a problem, then attach all the log files it shows are available. I mean, that's what I did. Whether anything of value is in those logs, that's up to Quicken to discover. And, I think this is the best we can do, no?
  • AVS
    AVS Member
    Same here. Urgent fix needed.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello again,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution and a ticket has been opened, though we do not currently have an ETA on resolution.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4220)

-Quicken Anja

• LynnCzapla
    LynnCzapla Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem. Very disappointed that Quicken does not have a fix.
  • Flangehead
    Flangehead Member ✭✭
    Count me in with the same problem
  • ssllii
    ssllii Member ✭✭✭
    I tried to follow the "Reauthorization" path for Chase when I started up my Quicken, it did not quite work.
    I then deactivate one set of my Chase accounts, when I tried to setup online download again, it hangs Quicken. I have "End Task" and tried a couple times, it still hangs Quicken. What is Intuit doing with this change?
  • rslinehan
    rslinehan Member ✭✭
    Version R42.21, Build 27.1.42.21. Yesterday, I deactivated my Chase accounts in anticipation of the new connection method. When I tried to reconnect using any of the Online Setup options, the app goes into a greyscale color and freezes and is unresponsive. To the point of having to use Windows Task Manager to end the Quicken task and close the app. Sumpin aint right.
  • hrab
    hrab Member
    Same problem. Because of freeze, cannot submit error report.
  • GlennVT
    GlennVT Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. When I picked improve experience it would open the chase window, I did the steps, it was successful but quicken said it failed. I did this 6 times (Chase email confirmed it was setup. So then I disabled chase downloads and now every time I try to set it back up, it just hangs and I have to end task. I even rebooted.
  • GTR
    GTR Member ✭✭
    Downloads from Chase accounts were not downloading properly and Chase has not figured out the problem. I de-activated the Direct Connect downloads and have attempted to reactivate. But each try results in complete freezing of Quicken, requiring closing Quicken with Windows Task Manager.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    SOOOO many Chase threads I do not know where to even ask, but I got the email, a popup once in Quicken then nothing else.

Am I waiting for something?

If not, since there seems to be multiple ways to success or failure, what EXACTLY is the process to do this?

thanks.
  • scottforgues
    scottforgues Member ✭✭
    Same problem here...Q dims and becomes useless.
  • lenieca
    lenieca Member
    > @GlennVT said:
    > contacted chat support and they helped me fix it! W/ account deactivated -Go to Tools> Add account> Chase - signed in and then it linked to my existing account.

I followed these instructions and it worked for me as well.
  • GlennD
    GlennD Member ✭✭
    > @GlennVT said:
    > contacted chat support and they helped me fix it! W/ account deactivated -Go to Tools> Add account> Chase - signed in and then it linked to my existing account.

This worked for me as well. :)
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    > @GlennVT said:

I can confirm that this workflow worked. Thanks! I added 2 Chase accounts this way.

But the app hangs that occur when trying other workflows in Quicken to link Chase accounts absolutely need to be fixed. That really is not OK for an app like this.

Ancillary, but related, adding Online Bills for the now linked Chase accounts exposes some bugs in that window and peer windows: layout issues, wrong window showing, etc. A topic for a seperate bug report. Sigh; do better, Quicken. Please.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    What does happen when you add Chase Online Bills now? Does it work at all or still the message Not Available?
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > What does happen when you add Chase Online Bills now? Does it work at all or still the message Not Available?

It seemed to work for me. I got info about my next Chase card bill. I don't use bill pay for any bills, so I just "Enter" these in my register. (Chase does a direct debit for payment, which removes the middle-man. :-) )
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mark. I'm amazed that worked! Will have to try it. Always so leery as most times something new breaks :)
This discussion has been closed.