PIN change

Options
carlosclarkmd
carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
Is there a way to NOT have to change your PIN when attempting to connect to your bank to download transactions? (not that I can connect anyway do to whatever problem is going on)..

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @carlosclarkmd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are trying to connect with? And which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)? Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the PIN change prompt you are receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    Options
    PNC Direct Connect
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

Since it is Direct Connect and a Direct Connect PIN is provided by the financial institution, you will need to contact the financial institution directly for further assistance. If they state they cannot assist then an escalation at the financial institution may be necessary.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue. Since it is QUICKEN asking for the PIN, I am not sure why I should contact PNC.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @ChetOrSteve Q is merely relaying the message from PNC ... Q is NOT "doing the asking"
    Note the part of the message in @carlosclarkmd's graphic that says "this institution requires". That why you need to contact PNC. 

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.