All USAA Accounts Fail One Step Update with OL-301-A

isonclubikin
isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
This evening, I tried doing multiple one step updates.  All our USAA accounts (5) fail with an OL-301-A error message:  "Your financial institution has rejected your request."  Usually, doing updates individually from within a specific register will clear that.  That's not working.  I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and try resetting the online stuff if necessary.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I’m having the same issue this evening. All of my USAA accounts are throwing the same OL-301-A error. Like @isonclubikin I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if this resolves itself. No need to tilt at the windmills.  ;) 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • TwiddleOtis
    TwiddleOtis Member ✭✭
    Same issue noticed this morning (Aug 9). This is like the second time in a month that quicken has started failing. Last time we had to wait for quicken to fix. What's going on?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to close the loop...I tried an individual update for USAA and then an OSU this morning including USAA, and both appear to be resolved as I'm not getting error messages for either. 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be working now for me, too.
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    And, broken again this morning.
  • no1bruin
    no1bruin Member
    I have been unable to update my USAA accounts since March. Anyone now when this will be fixed?
  • Mike5
    Mike5 Member ✭✭
    I tried all the usual fixes... reconnect Quicken with new USAA password and PIN, refresh the branding and financial institution info, nothing worked. Any more suggestions for how to fix this error?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    There is an Alert posted for this error code and USAA.  Even though the Alert was updated 4 days ago I am not seeing a lot of people posting about it so it doesn't appear (to me, at least) to be a major issue affecting a lot of people at this time.
    You can also read more about OL-301-A errors in this Support Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301.
    That all being said, OL-301-A errors indicate there is a server issue at the Financial Institution (FI).  It is not uncommon for this error code to occur on weekends because that is when most FIs schedule their system maintenance and they will sometimes restrict access to their servers when this happens.  It can also cause the server to provide intermittent access to Quicken so sometimes the connection can be completed properly and other times it cannot. 
    There are 4 things that I usually do when encountering this error code...in the order shown...do not proceed to the next step if the prior one resolves the issue:
    1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now:  Update Now will often resolve the issue.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    3. Wait until later in the day or the next day and try updating the account, then.  Often the system maintenance will be completed and normal update connections can be established, again.
    4. If on the next business day and during normal business hours you are still getting this error code, contact the FI.
    I have found that #1 and #3 are the most likely to resolve the connection issue for this error code.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• blitzdes
    blitzdes Member
    I'm having the issue and agree with your assessment: probably the bank updating. I only seem to have this issue during "off hours"--you know, the times when working people actually have time to take care of their own business. I'll try your "quick fixes" and then wait if they don't work. Thanks.
  • Mike5
    Mike5 Member ✭✭
    Hmmm...21 people reported the problem today, then the thread was locked. A bit more than a "few"... :-)
  • versace
    versace Member ✭✭
    I too have issues and started 2 days ago
  • KDL
    KDL Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here on 2 different USAA memberships with total of 5 accounts. Broken since at least Aug 20, still broken today.
  • versace
    versace Member ✭✭
    Quicken needs to fix this ****! USAA connects because it registers with USAA, but the Quicken has the issue
  • versace
    versace Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka @"Quicken Anja" @"Quicken Sarah" @"Quicken Colin" @"Quicken Harold" I spent hours with USAA and it has been determined that the problem lies in Quicken..... Fix the connection to USAA!!!! Jesus it's like every 6 months.
  • wcthomas01
    wcthomas01 Member ✭✭
    Quicken will not allow me to connect with my USAA accts. Any others having this issue??
  • Wendy L
    Wendy L Member
    I've been unable to update all weekend also. I'm hoping they get this fixed soon.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Having same problem. For me, the problem started on 8/21 and has not yet resolved. I am getting the OL-301-A Your financial institution has rejected your request error. I am able to connect to my other financial institutions.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Having same problem. For me, the problem started on 8/21 and has not yet resolved. I am getting the OL-301-A Your financial institution has rejected your request error. I am able to connect to my other financial institutions.
  • Horsefly
    Horsefly Member ✭✭
    Having same problem - error message "USAA has rejected your request..." since 8/19 but when I log on to USAA directly there is no problem with my credentials
  • CaseyH2018
    CaseyH2018 Member ✭✭
    Same problem for me since Aug 20th
  • CaseyH2018
    CaseyH2018 Member ✭✭
    Same for me since Aug 20th
  • CaseyH2018
    CaseyH2018 Member ✭✭
    Not able to update my USAA the week. Any ETA on a solution?
  • wmiller
    wmiller Member ✭✭
    Same for me
  • fostfam
    fostfam Member ✭✭
    It's great that you have a community alert but this issue has been outstanding for over a month. Can you give at least some view on whether you can solve it or not.
  • bluestar4500
    bluestar4500 Member ✭✭✭
    Same for me
  • wjdenio
    wjdenio Member
    I'm another victim of the outage since 8/21. The usual remediations aren't working.
  • Has anyone seen a response from Quicken yet?
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Same for me. USAA and Quicken haven't been playing very well together for most of this year.
  • anjamiller
    anjamiller Member ✭✭
    Agreed - same issue - tried deleting and resetting the connection and can't even get it to pull in the accounts - @Quicken - hello - any input here????
This discussion has been closed.