M&T Direct Connect Sporadic

Snowman
Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
For the past week my M&T downloads fail. Then anywhere from 2 minutes to several hours it works again.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking errors with M&T Bank, more specifically users receiving an OL-304-A error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur!

I do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Snowman

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your M&T account(s). 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to update your M&T accounts? What exactly occurs when the download fails?

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• wickerberry
    wickerberry Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue that Snowman described including today. Downloads from M&T Bank fail about half the time and will try over several hours before it will work. This is new over the past week I've not seen this before and is occurring on both the Windows and Mac versions of Quicken. (R43.14 build 27.1.43.14 the Mac version is 6.9.0). A few days ago I sent diagnostic files from the Mac.

This issue could be on the M&T side but you'd have to determine that and work with them where necessary.

Please advise.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Jasmine

I have R43.14, Build 27.1.43.14. Windows 10. Below is a screen shot of the issue. Before the below screen comes up Quicken says it may be a connectivity error, I click on I believe it was update, entered the password and then I get a message that the update completed successfully, and the process was repeated for each M&T account but when it finishes the below screen is displayed.

• Hello @Snowman

Thank you for providing the screenshots and more information. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-304-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• dvona01
    dvona01 Member
    I have been having the same issues for days. I spoke to M&T and they said they have a notice there is an ongoing issue. They implied it was on their side but didn't say for sure.

I have banking accounts which are experiencing this issue, but I also have M&T loan accounts. Before I understood there was a system issue I tried to disable and re-enable online services for the loan accounts (which are separate from direct connect). Now my Online services tab is gone? Has anyone seen this?

I am using Quicken for Windows R43.14 Build 27.1.43.14 on windows 10 home.
  • Jyoav
    Jyoav Member ✭✭
    Quicken was returning an Error 304 with M&T Bank downloads- accounts not recognized. The solution provided was to deactivate and reactivate the account online. When I did that now Quicken says it can't connect with M&T "It's not your fault try again later" so frustrating, seems like always problems of one sort or another with M&T, other accounts are just fine. I am not changing banks but maybe it is time to find new software.
  • Tyrone
    Tyrone Member
    Having the same problem. Any resolution?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jyoav said:
    Quicken was returning an Error 304 with M&T Bank downloads- accounts not recognized. The solution provided was to deactivate and reactivate the account online. When I did that now Quicken says it can't connect with M&T "It's not your fault try again later" so frustrating, seems like always problems of one sort or another with M&T, other accounts are just fine. I am not changing banks but maybe it is time to find new software.
    Hello @Jyoav and @Tyrone,  

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue with the OL-304 error message. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you discussed applying for online banking services with M&T downloads? Also, have you had any accounts closed with this institution? Lastly, when you mention deactivating and reactivating accounts, have you made use of the steps listed in this Support Article, in order?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Quicken Jasmine. I have done all of that before and it fixes it for a day and then the same thing happens. It is just not one account but 5 accounts. Deactivating and Reactivating all of these takes time. I tried the steps today and it is not working. Needs to be fixed.
  • Hello @Snowman

Thank you for your response.

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have dealt with Quicken Support before and found them to be of no help. I called to point out a bug in printing checks and the support person saw the problem but insisted that I do a list of steps EACH TIME I PRINTED CHECKS while ignoring the what I was trying to point out to them. So I am left having to do 5 extra steps when if the problem was fixed would not require any of those extra steps at all. They refused to escalate the issue. That is not support.
  • Quicken Jared
    Snowman said:
    I have dealt with Quicken Support before and found them to be of no help. I called to point out a bug in printing checks and the support person saw the problem but insisted that I do a list of steps EACH TIME I PRINTED CHECKS while ignoring the what I was trying to point out to them. So I am left having to do 5 extra steps when if the problem was fixed would not require any of those extra steps at all. They refused to escalate the issue. That is not support.
    Hello @Snowman,   

I do apologize about this experience with Support. Thank you for alerting us about Quicken Community. 

Do you have a ticket number from this discussion? If so, I would like to investigate the interaction further and have it reviewed. 

Let me know more about this if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I am now having this problem too, it is NOT just a given user-specific problem.

Resetting my M&T Savings and Checking work fine.
    I am able to log in to the M&T web site without problems.
    If I run OSU, I get this screen; this is different than I have seen before:

So then I click the "Update Now" button, and get this after entering my password (which is the same password as is in the Vault):

YAY - or so I think. I continue, close this screen, and see this:

So then, if I try to update my M&T accounts, I go through the same cycle all over again. This is terribly broken.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Don Awalt I tried this and it worked once, now it says it completes successfully but the problem remains.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared, no I do not have that information I was so flustered by the inability of the support person to follow what I was saying, it is not rocket science.
  • wickerberry
    wickerberry Member ✭✭
    This is obviously not a local user issue, too many people are having the same problem with M&T downloading. Would one of the Quicken moderators escalate within Quicken so they can contact M&T to troubleshoot, this has been going on for over a week.
  • Quicken Jared

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking errors with M&T Bank, more specifically users receiving an OL-304-A error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur!

I do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    M&T error is now an )L-294-A error for me today.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Don Awalt Well my M&T issue resolved itself yesterday but it is back today.
  • Skull0752
    Skull0752 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I, too, am having the OL-304-A error with M&T Direct Connect. [Removed - Disruptive] I have experienced several issues with Quicken and M&T as of late, and it has always been an issue with Quicken. I have several accounts with M&T, and as a previous poster said, it is a pain to reset all the accounts only to still not correct the issue. I pay a monthly fee for Direct Connect and I expect it to function.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I just tried to download my M&T accounts by doing them separately instead of using one step update and that worked after multiple failures using one step update. Curiouser and Curiouser....
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried mine, both savings and checking same time, and it worked!
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well mine stopped working AGAIN. WHAT is going on? I tried downloading them separately again (which worked before) but not now.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Yesterday AM worked, PM did not. Today the same. It worked in the AM but not in the PM. The error I get now is OL-293-A Quicken is unable to update your accounts because unexpected information was received from your financial institution.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Today AM not working. M&T has scheduled a Server update starting 9/3/2022 in the afternoon for up to 36 hours while they complete a systems integration of People's United Bank to M&T Bank. Hopefully this will fix the situation.
  • wickerberry
    wickerberry Member ✭✭
    I'm also getting the OL-293-A error when trying to download from a Windows PC, I sent all the diagnostic files. Would someone from Quicken support look at this and troubleshoot with M&T, these ongoing problems are in the second week which is unacceptable. Thank you
  • raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken for Windows returns OL-293-A when attempting to connect with M&T bank. It's been that way since 08-29-22. Please help!
  • Jyoav
    Jyoav Member ✭✭
    Following the weekend update at M&T the same problem that I reported before still persists. After following the instructions for resolving error 304 deactivating and reactivating now Quicken says it can't connect and its not my fault. I did speak with M&T last week and they said they had a problem and were working on it with Quicken. The hope that it would be resolved this past weekend was unfortunately a false hope.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mine worked fine this morning but that is by no means an indicator that it will work this afternoon or tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.