Vehicle Mileage Tracker Issue

Beijing Mac
Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
I use the Vehicle Mileage tracker for tracking applicable mileage for rental expenses.  One quirk I've noticed is that it changes entry data as you are entering an event.   As you step through the entry fields, previous fields will change based on data you select as you step through.  this  is very annoying.  

Quicken -- can you correct this behavior and not have your little tool replace data whilst entering?  

This seems to occur if you select a suggested input based on the drop down suggestions.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please describe the steps you are taking, in detail. What happens when?
    When I enter my medical mileage and tab from field to field in sequence, I don't see any unexpected behavior.
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Hi UKR
    I'll try to show  you what happens with following screen shots in order of entering a trip:

initial screen when opening tool:

Here is screen shot as I enter data, starting at top and stepping through data entry fields:

as you see above, I have changed Type and selected a property from the property list and typed in a "purpose" for this trip.  All good so far.

next:

in above screen, I went from "Purpose" to "start" and selected home address (a memorized location since it is a frequent entry), then selected "Destination".  Home Depot is a prior destination and the destination for this entry.

When selecting "Home Depot", and hitting enter or proceeding to the next field, Quicken then changed "Purpose" o the previous Purpose entry and added Miles Traveled. 

Hope this shows the phenomenom  - when this happens you need to pay close attention and then reenter prior data to ensure correctness of your entry.  Sometimes  you have to enter and then go back to edit.

Problem is that if you don't pay attention, then you wind up with same purpose for multiple entries, which is confusing.

I am on Windows 11, Quicken Home, Business & Rental, most recent version I believe as an update was run today:

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell, if the Destination was previously used, the Purpose and Miles traveled from the last entry are automatically entered.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Hello @Beijing Mac,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.