Why am I getting a notice about an update to my chase account when I have no account?

Why am I getting a notice about an update to my chase account when I have no account?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

This message was sent to everyone, even if you do not have Chase accounts set up. If you don't have any Chase accounts, you can disregard this message and uncheck the "Remind me later" checkbox that should be located on the bottom-left of this message before closing it.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Why do I get the Chase notice when I don't bank with Chase?
  • Shai
    Shai Member
    Since the weekend, every time I open Quicken, a message about having to update my Chase accounts. I don't have any accounts with Chase. Even unticking the "Remind me later" option is not stopping the window from popping up.
  • Shai
    Shai Member
    Correction to the first sentence: "Since the weekend, every time I open Quicken, a message about having to update my Chase accounts pops up."
  • jitu
    jitu Member
    How do i stop the pop ups every time i start Quicken. I have no direct links to any banks.
  • How do I disable annoying Chase pop up notices every time I open Quicken ? I have no Chase accounts.
  • Bach
    Bach Member
    Every time I sign in to my account I get the message "Update your Chase connection now" I don't have an account with Chase what is this?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

This message was sent to everyone, even if you do not have Chase accounts set up. If you don't have any Chase accounts, you can disregard this message and uncheck the "Remind me later" checkbox that should be located on the bottom-left of this message before closing it.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Thanks!
  • You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• Bach
    Bach Member
    Thank you so much!!
  • You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• Shai
    Shai Member
    Hi Anja, unchecking the "Remind me later" checkbox does not help. I do it every time, close the message (pop-up) and I still get the same message every time I restart Quicken. Quit annoying.
  • I have no accounts at Chase and I cannot see a Remind me later checkbox. There is no way to scroll down to see a message. This is very annoying - I am on Quicken on and off all day and the message is always poping up.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @marylthompson35 It sounds like you're using Quicken Mac on a computer with a small screen, like a laptop? And you have your Dock at the bottom of the screen? The issue seems to be that the box was designed without taking into account the height of the Dock when it is at the bottom of the screen, so if you go to System Preferences and change the Dock to be on the left temporarily, you'll see the bottom of the box and be able to uncheck the "remind me later" box. Then you can restore your Dock to the bottom position. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MacViking
    MacViking Member ✭✭
    I don't have any Chase accounts (don't even know what it is), and enter everything in my Quicken for Mac manually - i.e., I don't download bank entries. Can I ignore the Chase announcements, and how do I stop them from being displayed every time I open Quicken?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @MacViking I'm the same as you, with no Chase accounts, but as is explained above, every Quicken Mac user got this announcement. (Why Quicken management decided to do this is another question; they probably wanted to insure they didn't miss any Chase users and used the broadest possible messaging — but inexplicably failed to make it clear that the notice only affects users who have Chase accounts.)

In any case, to get rid of the message, just do as I described two posts above. It'll take 10 seconds, and you'll (hopefully) be done with it. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Shai
    Shai Member
    Finally it stopped popping up. Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.