Chase migration

Options
Bernard M
Bernard M Member
Hi,
Oops, I'm puzzled. Quicken mentions a mandatory Chase migration for Chase accounts, without explicitly mentioning whether or not this change must be done for accounts with banks other than the Chase. For my part, I don't have any account with the Chase Bank, so I shouldn't do a Chase migration, but it's not clearly stated.
Please clarify!
Thanks!
Bernard

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you ever had Chase accounts in the past?
    AFAIK, only people who have at least one active (not closed) Chase account will get this notice.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Bernard M,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

This message was sent to everyone, even if you do not have Chase accounts set up. If you don't have any Chase accounts, you can disregard this message and uncheck the "Remind me later" checkbox that should be located on the bottom-left of this message before closing it.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bernard M
    Options
    :) Thanks ! Merci !
  • broeknjus
    Options
    I have tried to "upgrade" my Chase connections twice, but had to ditch the file twice and go to a backup. The balances in the accounts were totally screwed up, even if i just deleted all the downloaded transactions.
    You have to somehow do the connection "upgrade" without altering the balances or any transactions. This is a disaster of epic proportions!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @broeknjus From what other users have posted, check to see if Quicken has inserted an opening balance adjustment in the account, to adjust to the online balance Chase is sending. Some have found that simply deleting that adjustment transaction brought their account balance back to what it should be.

(Note that this doesn't address the issue with reconciling Chase accounts which have any pending transactions. Only Chase can fix that permanently by excluding pending transactions from the online balance they send to Quicken; in the meantime, the workaround for now is to reconcile to Statement balance instead of online balance, by looking up your account balance on your account statement or on the Chase website.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • richshw
    richshw Member ✭✭
    Options
    any sucesss on a Mac for this migration?
  • ewithers
    Options
    And... just like for BofA a backup is the only way out. Linked to existing account, it downloaded 4517 days of transactions and happily put them in with years of stuff I care about. You can't force me to change connectors when you have the same bug. Why are there no sanity checks on imported data? Why can't you just look at cleared or reconciled entries and reject anything older than that? Why is this the second forced connector update with the exact same issue?
  • ewithers
    Options
    Still a bug but just randomly changed the account opening balance making it seem like it had many transactions that shouldn't have been there (more than 90 days seemed unlikely so I looked before restoring)
  • bbschreiber
    bbschreiber Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just got off the phone with Quicken Support re this issue. I have 25 years of Chase data that is fully reconciled. Before the conversion, I am in balance with the online number. After the conversion, I am out of balance. Support says the workaround is to plug the opening balance. I object. The conversion has bugs that need fixing. Support says that my data may have "degraded over time". This is also nonsense. If the conversion program is finding problems in the data, they need to be reported and fixes offered. If the conversion program has bugs, it is not ready for production. This needs high level attention at Quicken as the deadline is 9/26.
  • bbschreiber
    bbschreiber Member ✭✭
    Options
    Following up my last comment. Today there are no pending transactions in my Chase account. I ran a backup and then ran the conversion. It worked perfectly. Apparently the conversion program/Chase new interface are not agreeing on how to handle pending transactions. Pending transactions are having an effect on the opening balance for some unknown (a bug somewhere) reason. The Quicken tech team needs to look into this.
  • Andrews1434
    Andrews1434 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did my Chase migration. Nothing works now. Chase shows that I have given Quicken access, but no accounts download any transactions. Nothing is working at all.
  • Sportscar
    Options
    I've done the work to reauthorization my chase accounts prior to the 9/26 deadline but can no longer download transactions. I can do a QFX to accomplish but this is a step backwards. Very disappointing. Is the new download process running?
  • Lane Epstein
    Options
    My conversion for the Chase accounts went well. The bank changes the name of each account but when I do the one-step update, both the old and new accounts appear. That in and of itself isn't a problem, but how do I add all the transactions from the old accounts to the new ones? During the conversion, I wasn't given the opportunity to convert all the transactions. I don't want to have to look into two accounts to get history or to find a specific transaction.
  • Frank Ward
    Options
    I have two Chase credit card accounts, every time I try to migrate the accounts one account works fine, the other account shows up as a savings account, I cannot change it to credit account. I have deleted that account and tried to add it again. It still tries to add the account as a savings account not credit account. Any ideas????
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...  Any ideas????
    I would try the following test:
    - Set up a new Quicken data file just for testing: From the Quicken menu: File > New
    - Now in this new data file: Add the two Chase credit card accounts.

Are you able to get both accounts connected, each as a credit card account?

If this works to your satisfaction, then we need to consider how to fix your working data file.

If this does not work to connect the two accounts, then there may be a bug in Quicken.

But first, try connecting - in another new data file - just the credit card account that is turning into a savings account. What happens?

If this one account connects as a credit card, try now connecting the other credit card account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.