Some split data lost. Continue?

I recently added a new AR account. Every time I create a new invoice and then re-enter it, the error "Some split data lost. Continue?" pops up. The invoice is trashed either way and any information previously entered is lost.

I've deleted the account and started from scratch. All new AR accounts created have this problem. Any old AR accounts have no issue.

I've validated the data file and ran any other utility I could find. No change.

What is the solution?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

If you haven't done so already, please try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • None of those options worked. New AR accounts continue to have the issue. Invoices are corrupted and data is lost. Quicken deluxe Windows current subscription.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those options worked. New AR accounts continue to have the issue. Invoices are corrupted and data is lost. Quicken deluxe Windows current subscription.
    Something's not correct here. If you are using, as you stated, "Quicken deluxe", then accounts of type Receivables, Payables, Customer Invoices and Vendor Invoices are not supported. You need the Home, Business & Rental edition for that to work.
  • It is Business & Rental. I typed incorrectly.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Business & Rental. I typed incorrectly.
    Thanks.
    Can you show me the data entry dialog for one of the new invoices, just before this error message appears?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

But I must say that I haven't seen this error message before.
    So, if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.