In budget reports expenses show up as zero

nancy@
nancy@ Member ✭✭
All of a sudden…when we run a budget vs expenses report the expenses for all categories are zero. When we use Easy Answer reports to see YTD expenses for a Category they show correct amounts.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Hello @nancy@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nancy@ said:
    All of a sudden…when we run a budget vs expenses report the expenses for all categories are zero. When we use Easy Answer reports to see YTD expenses for a Category they show correct amounts.
    Would you mind showing us the report view with the report title, column headers and maybe the first category detail lines or two? I would like to see what report settings you are using for Date Range, etc.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• nancy@
    nancy@ Member ✭✭
    I have just spent 2 unsuccessful hours with Quicken phone support. When we go back, say a month, and do a restore the report works fine....showing actuals along with budget and difference amounts. I have validated and super validated the file.
    He is saying I need to go back....use that version and re enter the transatctions since then. I am not sure why that is required. Could a corrupted file cause this.....and I do need to do what he recommends????
This discussion has been closed.