No prompt to authorize Chase accounts

I received the notice in Quicken that my Chase accounts are ready to update the connection method. The authorize window never appears. Any ideas?

Comments

• Same here, but I had gotten earlier notices. I waited until I (today) received an email saying it was time; the linked instructions say to run the one-step update, which should result in a prompt However, I didn't get any prompt, and the account update apparently went through without it. It's confusing.

When I look at the Online Services tab in the Account Details, it shows that the connection method is "Direct Connect" -- which I think is what the new method is supposed to be. Hopefully that means that I'm done, even if it didn't happen as they portrayed it...
  • I'll chime in as well. I have Quicken Deluxe for Windows, R43.26.

When I click on the relevant button in Quicken, I'm taken to my browser. A tab opens with this URL: https://secure07c.chase.com/web/auth/thirdparty/authorize?response_type=code&scope=aggregator&redirect_uri=https://partnerauth.platform.intuit.com/external_partner/chase/callback&client_id=INTUIT_QUICKEN&state=awb.c99bf698-32c2-4818-8b2e-1f95755c0f1b#/thirdpartyaccess/thirdPartyConsentServices/consent/requestAppInfoConcatenated;clientId=INTUIT_QUICKEN

This gives me a blank (white) screen with the Chase logo in a bar along the top (bar is blue, logo is white). See 1st screenshot. Back at the Quicken software, the program reported a "connection error" had occurred. See 2nd screenshot.

Clicked again on Quicken's "sign in". This time I *was* able to log into my Chase account. And then got the same almost-blank page (see 1st screenshot). Eventually got Chase's "our site is down, come back later" screen (see 3rd screenshot). A few minutes later, got Quicken's "connection error" screen (see 2nd screenshot).

And -- third time's the charm? See paragraph immediately above. Blank page, then "site is down" page, and Quicken's "connection error" screen. (This time, Quicken gave up before the Chase site did.) These three failed attempts (run pretty-much one right after the other) took about 22 minutes.

And here's the kicker:

In Quicken, I went up to my menu bar, selected "Mobile and Web." Then selected my Chase account, for a one-account-only update.

Quicken took the request like a champ. I downloaded maybe half a dozen transactions into that account. That Chase account.

I don't know why. I don't even work here.
  • iseealine
    iseealine Member ✭✭
    Same here. no prompt to reauthorize. Missing instruction? bad software?
  • Follow-up to my previous post: when I just tried the one-step update again, I was directed to reauthorize my account. The process went through as it was supposed to. Now the connection method is shown as "Express Web Connect+" -- which is the new (latest) method.
  • I update my Chase accounts regularly and have not yet received a prompt from Chase to convert the the new connection. The deadline is only 1 week away and Chase online support only says that I need to contact Quicken. What gives?
  • iramon
    iramon Member
    It has been 6 days since I had received an email message stating that my account is ready for migration, and to this day I am not getting the prompt to authorize. I had been updating my account daily doing the one step update and no prompt to migrate.
  • Just fixed it.

For me, the "fix" was to put aside my default browser -- Firefox -- and to use Google Chrome. Had to copy/paste Chase's URL into Chrome to get the process started. Also, for some reason, got an error message the first time -- so I tried it again, and the second time was the charm.

On Firefox, I had gotten the same "null" screen today that I had gotten back on the 15th. On Chrome, once I got past that error message I got real screens, a real login, a real series of "do you agree to this" screens, etc.

I did get a tiny "yikes" when I went back to Quicken and saw a message to the effect of, "Connected, downloading last 6,300-odd transactions." However, Quicken didn't show any transactions actually downloaded. Perhaps the "6,300-something" number encompassed every single transaction I've had with that account? And perhaps they were all already downloaded into Quicken?

I'm annoyed that Chase chose a process that required a specific web browser, and doubly annoyed that they didn't notify us (me) about that. Well, with any luck I won't have to worry about that again for a good long while.
  • > @iramon said:
    > It has been 6 days since I had received an email message stating that my account is ready for migration, and to this day I am not getting the prompt to authorize. I had been updating my account daily doing the one step update and no prompt to migrate.

I had that happen to me too, today (Thu 22 Sept). When I tried to update my Chase account (only), the account updated cheerfully and gave me no prompt to reauthorize.

I did get the prompt though when I went to Tools/One Step Update -- and selected all accounts, the whole shebang. After I did that, I got the prompt to reauthorize Chase right away.

Follow-on tip -- I also discovered that Chase balked at my default browser, Firefox. When Chase gave me that empty screen, I copied its URL ... opened Google Chrome ... and pasted the URL into that browser. Chase was willing to play nicely with Chrome.
  • Today is the 22nd and have not received the prompts shown in your reminder.
    What steps have I missed?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is what I did the accomplish the task -
     - running R43.26 for a few days - created daily Backups - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also - optionally -  went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
    3 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    4 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    5 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    6 - only 1 dup during this process.
    7 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22
    8 - will see how next week goes... with OSU and dups.
    9 - the Opening Balance in one acct was weird - but had saved it into the Memo field as suggested by another user

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• michaward
    michaward Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I received the information regarding Chase migration however I have not yet received the prompt to change to EWC+. Is this a known issue? It appears this must be completed by tomorrow, September 26. What do I do if I do not receive the prompt? EWC+ is not an option to change manually. Note: I only have Chase credit cards. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    michaward said:
    I received the information regarding Chase migration however I have not yet received the prompt to change to EWC+. Is this a known issue? It appears this must be completed by tomorrow, September 26. What do I do if I do not receive the prompt? EWC+ is not an option to change manually. Note: I only have Chase credit cards. Thanks!
    Hello @michaward

I do apologize that you are not receiving the aforementioned prompt to change Account Connection Methods as expected. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try navigating to Tools and then click One Step Update... in the same upper menu. Be sure to follow the steps listed in the Support Article linked here, if you should receive the prompt. 

Let me know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • michaward
    michaward Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Thanks, Jared. I’ve done a one step update multiple times since the notice went out; I have still not received the prompt, I went into online services to see if it would let me do it that way but only Express and Direct Connection are options. Please advise. Thanks!
  • Kenneth Goodwin
    Kenneth Goodwin Member ✭✭✭
    Same situation - no prompt from Chase (9/26/2022).  Interesting that only 2 of my 3 Chase accounts download transactions. I've put off looking into this thinking I would be prompted to migrate to EWC+.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen others post that if you go to TOOLS / ONE STEP UPDATE  it brings up the prompt.
  • I am a chase credit card holder. I have been unable to accomplish the complicated migration thru Quicken and Chase..
    the directions are screwy and difficult? Is the a help person who can walk me thru this.It is supposed to be accomplished by Sept 26.. Wendy
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am a chase credit card holder. I have been unable to accomplish the complicated migration thru Quicken and Chase..
    the directions are screwy and difficult? Is the a help person who can walk me thru this.It is supposed to be accomplished by Sept 26.. Wendy
    You can contact Quicken Support and they should be able to walk you through it:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CWatsonJr
    CWatsonJr Member
    I received the message that the Chase upgrade was coming and I have been waiting for the screen telling me to upgrade, but it hasn't come.

Now, when I use Update Transactions, my bank password no longer works.

How do I get the link to upgrade so I can download my transactions from Chase?
  • RMdm55*!
    RMdm55*! Member
    Why don’t I have a link to Chase now that I have upgraded
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.