Spending Category Error

Options
I have an issue when looking at "Spending" there is an Income transaction showing in last months Spending which incorrectly shows last month spending as a negative? The transaction is correctly reported as "Income"
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @drama5d,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drama5d said:
    I have an issue when looking at "Spending" there is an Income transaction showing in last months Spending which incorrectly shows last month spending as a negative? The transaction is correctly reported as "Income"
    Would you mind showing us the Spending view with the problem category?
    Is this transaction a refund or return, e.g., you purchased something last month and returned it for a refund this month? If you categorized this refund to the same purchase category (e.g., Shoes), as you should, this month's category view will show an income.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• drama5d
    drama5d Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was able to figure it out based on your comments.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @drama5d thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.