Can No Longer Reconcile

GregInAZ
GregInAZ Member
Since the 6.9 upgrade I am unable to reconcile. The Reconcile Account selection apparently is deactivated as it is very faded.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @GregInAZ What your screenshot doesn't show is what register/account you have selected in the left sidebar. It seems likely you've clicked on an account group heading rather than an actual account. You can only reconcile if you've click on a single account.

If this is a checking account, do you see this account under the Cash group heading in the left sidebar? Or if it's a credit card account, do you see the actual account under the Credit Card group heading? If not, you may have inadvertently clicked to collapse that account group. Hover over the heading (e.g. "Cash") and you'll see a ">" widget to the left of the word Cash; click on that widget so it changes to "v" and shows the account(s) belonging to that account group. Click on your actual account, and then you'll see all the menu items change to black and you'll be able to reconcile.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Hello @GregInAZ,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with reconciling. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the greyed-out reconciliation screen that you are seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to also redact any private information before sharing the screenshot. 

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Here is a screen shot as you requested, see attached.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @GregInAZ What your screenshot doesn't show is what register/account you have selected in the left sidebar. It seems likely you've clicked on an account group heading rather than an actual account. You can only reconcile if you've click on a single account.

If this is a checking account, do you see this account under the Cash group heading in the left sidebar? Or if it's a credit card account, do you see the actual account under the Credit Card group heading? If not, you may have inadvertently clicked to collapse that account group. Hover over the heading (e.g. "Cash") and you'll see a ">" widget to the left of the word Cash; click on that widget so it changes to "v" and shows the account(s) belonging to that account group. Click on your actual account, and then you'll see all the menu items change to black and you'll be able to reconcile.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jacobs, thank you for your advice. I am on a single account and still unable. There obviously a bug in 6.9 . I did as you directed and still can't reconcile. I'm wondering if a delete and reload in order?

Thanks Greg
  • I finally got it to work. I rebooted my Mac and did what Jacobs recommended. Worked!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.