Jumping to "Investing"

Options
I recently updated from Quicken 2015 to Window Subscription edition, Version R43.20 Build 27.1.43.20. Every time I enter a new transaction Quicken jumps to the "Investing" tab across the top. I then have to go back into the register and set the date again each time. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Mark03264,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark03264 said:
    I recently updated from Quicken 2015 to Window Subscription edition, Version R43.20 Build 27.1.43.20. Every time I enter a new transaction Quicken jumps to the "Investing" tab across the top. I then have to go back into the register and set the date again each time. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
    Are you using any keystrokes together with the Alt - key while entering your new transaction?
    Alt-I does indeed jump to the Quicken Menu line, Investing item.
    Alt-something is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut navigation function

P.S.: To make it easier to recognize available keyboard shortcuts in menus, set a Windows option to underline shortcut and access keys: In Windows Control Panel / Ease of Access Center select "Make the keyboard easier to use", put a checkmark in "Underline shortcut and access keys". Click Apply, then OK.

• RachelAnne3
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I've tried validating, super validating, and restarting my system. The issue still exists.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Once again, how, exactly, do you enter transactions into your investment account register?
    Do you use the new transaction line at the bottom of the register?
    Or do you use the "Enter Transactions" button and the resulting popup dialog to record the transaction?
    I recommend using the "Enter Transactions" dialog.
    Select the type of transaction from the selection list on top of the dialog, fill out the form. When done click "Enter/Done". If you have another new transaction to enter, click "Enter/New" instead.
  • RachelAnne3
    Options
    I upload transactions from my banks. Then, modify categories as needed. Whenever I change a category, I click on the category I want to change, begin to type the correct category, and select the one I want when suggestions appear by clicking on it. After the category is correct, I can click on a different transaction, or hit the enter button, but the result is the same. I'm booted to the investing tab.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another customer just reported the same or a similar problem

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue (that investment screen you're talking about), sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

Once on that investment screen, what's Quicken complaining about?
  • RachelAnne3
    Options
    I'm not getting any sort of error message, the tab is just switching and I have to switch it back to edit the next transaction.
  • Lisa from WA
    Options
    I just updated to the subscription version and was having the same issue. I went to the "Bills & Income" tab and right clicked. I checked the "Start Quicken on Bills". I closed the program and reopened it and it seems to be working properly now.
  • RachelAnne3
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! You are seriously my hero right now. I've been so frustrated. Thank you for the advice. Problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.