Quicken Mac v6.10 has been released!

Quicken Victoria
Quicken Victoria Employee, Mac Beta Beta
Please update your Quicken Mac to the latest version when you get an in-product alert. Alternatively, you can manually check for the updates via Quicken menu > Check for Updates...)

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please include the link to the new/updated feature in all update announcements.
    -Jay
  • BladeRunner714
    BladeRunner714 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    This morning I installed the update to Quicken Premier Version 6.10.0 and encountered the following warning:
    'The “Overview” tab and its contents will be replaced by the “Dashboard” tab in a future release.'
    The 'Upcoming Bills & Income' section of the Overview tab is absolutely CRITICAL to the way I manage the receipt of income and payment of bills! Please do NOT retire the Overview tab and its contents.
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I love the new dashboard, especially being able to move the widgets. Hopefully you'll add more widgets and allow some filtering of which accounts are in scope for a widget.

I agree with @BladeRunner714  above that budgets and upcoming bills are really important, so please include the widget on the dashboard for this before removing the Overview.

• Agree with Zoolook above. The ability to add an 'Upcoming Bills & Income' section to the dashboard, so long as it is identical in every respect to the current one on the Overview tab, would satisfy my requirement.
  • Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    I really like the new Dashboard. But if your going to display spending - you should also display income!

Also agree upcoming transactions should be added.

Good job.  Keep up the great work.
  • ANK
    ANK Member ✭✭
    Is anything replacing Spending Over Time and Net Income charts? I find the charts useful in understanding my finance trends.
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    PLEEEEEASE don't remove the overview tab un less you add upcoming transactions to the dashboard. The dashboard looks great, but it is not useful to me at all. I use the upcoming transactions for my workflow every day.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBugs said:
    Please include the link to the new/updated feature in all update announcements.

Agreed.... they are not even on the Quicken Release Notes page here:

@Quicken Victoria Please add them.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    While we're on the subject of feedback on the release processes, could an admin/moderator please ensure this post (and the Quicken 6.9 release post) are pinned to the top of the forum for easy discoverability?

This might also be a good time to do some house cleaning and unpin some of the oldest product release announcements as well...
  • cherishen
    cherishen Member ✭✭
    I agree with everyone about the upcoming bills for the dashboard. That is the part that I use the most on my "home" page.
    Plus, I have a suggestion about the added functionality for the sidebar account functions. Some of them are pretty serious (like delete), so if you still want them there, at least have them under another layer of options (like "advanced").
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    I am glad that we are able to track our Chase bills now, but when are you going to enable Quick Pay for Chase? It's getting frustrating paying for Premium and not being able to use Quick Pay.
  • Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    Glitch:  Modifying amounts/payee in scheduled transactions no longer accepts prior setting for Action. i.e. when saving the updated scheduled transaction it sets "Mark as Paid" regardless of the fact I previously have it set as Auto.  To correct this I have to go back in and set it again for Auto and save it. It then correctly stores my action setting - Auto.  Please investigate.  Thanks
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    I can confirm what @Chris27 is reporting. If I have a bill set to automatically mark as paid, and go in and change the amount, even though the dialog still shows it set to Auto:

when I click OK, the bill changes back to manual:

I've noticed a second problem with that dialog. If I change the amount and then immediately click OK while the cursor is still in the Amount box, the change doesn't take. I have to modify the amount and then click in another window in the dialog (like Category) and then click OK to get the amount to actually change.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jon - I was concerned it was only me having this issue.  :)
  • aeolos747
    aeolos747 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    > @ANK said:
    > Is anything replacing Spending Over Time and Net Income charts? I find the charts useful in understanding my finance trends.

Agree! These are super helpful to see how my spending compares with income. I hope these can be incorporated into the new Dashboard if the old Overview will disappear
  • Ference
    Ference Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Please, please keep the option of "Overview" tab and it's content for a quick and simple overview. Thanks.
    Q1.jpeg 19.8K
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    What has changed from the versions in the new update? Can you give us some information.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Seems like I have not been able to login to my billers after the new update. I have to keep reauthorizing every day to update the bills.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @nothingclever Since you've updated to 6.10, 6.10.1 or 6.10.2, you can see what's new — to some extent — by selecting "Release Notes" on the Help menu. If you ever want to know what's new in a release before installing it, you can visit similar release notes on Quicken's web site here. The recent release notes have been less specific about what bugs are fixed than they used to be.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    This issue still persists.  Any plans to fix this "oversight"?  Any update on when this bug will be fixed? 
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • glennmacc
    glennmacc Member ✭✭✭
    FWIW, this is why I *almost* never actually "close" an account in Quicken.  Accounts that I do close in reality, I just show a withdrawal of the entire balance and leave the account active, but with a zero balance in Quicken.  I usually rename the account something like "Savings Account - closed 2018".  Then all of the historical data comes through. 

Glenn 
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    DocGer said:
    Changing an account status to HIDE accomplishes the same thing...
    No it doesn't. If you change the status to Hidden then the account doesn't show up in reports or the dashboard. I have a few old retirement accounts that I keep closed but unhidden so the charts in the investing dashboard will correctly show historical data. If I didn't, they would all be zero more than 4-5 years back.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    It doesn't make sense that users can't hide old investment accounts in order to show their correct investment history. The former Quicken Mac product manager said it was a bug that hidden accounts were excluded from investment charts. I keep waiting for them to fix this. 
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    jacobs said:
    It doesn't make sense that users can't hide old investment accounts in order to show their correct investment history. The former Quicken Mac product manager said it was a bug that hidden accounts were excluded from investment charts. I keep waiting for them to fix this. 
    I totally agree, this is a no-brainer. Would love someone from quicken to acknowledge? @Quicken Victoria If I'm not mistaken, Marcus is also still with the company in case he has any historical knowledge on this issue.
  • jacobs
    Here is what Marcus wrote back in August 2021 about data from hidden investment accounts being omitted from the portfolio graph showing investment values over time:

Quite honestly, it's just an oversight on our part. Of course, historical data from closed accounts should appear in a market value over time chart, and if you go back in time in the portfolio view when clicked on an investment group section such as Investing you should, at least, have the option of seeing your data from a hidden account. We'll investigate. I don't know how easy or hard it is but my guess is that it shouldn't be too difficult.

• newcastlelinda
    newcastlelinda Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    This morning I installed the update to Quicken Premier Version 6.10.0 and encountered the following warning:
    'The “Overview” tab and its contents will be replaced by the “Dashboard” tab in a future release.'
    The 'Upcoming Bills & Income' section of the Overview tab is absolutely CRITICAL to the way I manage the receipt of income and payment of bills! Please do NOT retire the Overview tab and its contents.

I totally Agree!!!  the 'Upcoming Bills & Income' should be moved to the Dashboard BEFORE the Overview tap is removed.   In fact, I think ALL info from the Overview should be available in the Dashboard and customizable to enable/disable those parts wanted/unused. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1994
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice when reconciling that the interest earned transaction isn't recognized in the reconcile window?  It seems to be a bug.  I have to add a transaction in the reconcile window for it to recognize the transaction, and then delete the one it doesn't recognize in the register.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • jacobs
    @Snoopy FC Is it possible that although the interest payment might show on your bank statement as the last day of the month, it is actually posted the first day of the next month? You can open the transaction in the Inspector to see if the posted date is later than the transaction date. If this is what your bank is doing, the simple solution is to enter the reconciliation ending date a day or two later than the bank statement date. That would make transactions posted on the first of the next month visible; just uncheck any which are not on the bank statement, and your reconciliation would then work.
This discussion has been closed.