Need additional column choices in Bills & Income (Memo, Tags, Frequency, Account) (1 Merged Vote)

RCinNJ
RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
When you set up, or edit, an Income item in Bills & Income both memos and tags can be added. Yet these cannot be shown as columns. For my Income it would help me to be able to see the Memo field to distinguish some income from the same Payee. Seems simple to add these as options.

Also, I don't know what "Type" refers to. None of my Income or Payees have a Type so I don't know where this would have been added. Under Payees I see only one old payee (that is no longer listed in Bills) that I haven't paid since 2017 that has a green circle with a $ sign in the Type column. No idea why this has a symbol since there are other Payees without this symbol that I don't think differ in how they are set up. Looking back I see that the last two times I paid it instead of writing a check I set up a one-time direct withdrawal from my checking, but again, there are other accounts where I do this.

This raises one more question: Why are there old Payees listed that are no longer scheduled and are not in Bills or in Income? Shouldn't they disappear when I delete a series?

QM 2019 5.10.1.

[removed]
13 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review Aug 2022 - QMAC-26018

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Payees do not disappear from the Payee List for as long as you have transactions in your account registers using said Payee Name.
    If you have multiple scheduled transactions for the same Payee, but for different uses, I recommend you use distinct Payee Names, e.g.
    • Safeway - Groceries
    • Safeway - Gasoline
    • or
    • Acme Inc. - Paycheck
    • Acme Inc. - Bonus pay
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    UKR thanks for your response. However, I believe you are talking about Window>Payees. These payees indeed never disappear.

I'm talking about the Payees shown under Bills & Income > Payees. Here I see only 2 payees for accounts where I have removed them from Bills & Income > Bills. There are many other former scheduled payees that I have eliminated over the years that don't appear here. I don't know how to remove these two. I looked at the last payments for both and they are definitely no longer scheduled.
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    Hello,

I just converted my Quicken for Mac 2007 data file to Quicken for Mac 2019.

But now, I no longer can find where all of my scheduled transactions are listed!

In Quicken for Mac 2007, there was a clearly-defined "Scheduled Transactions" window. Where is this window in Quicken for Mac 2019?

And how can I see all of my upcoming scheduled transactions — regardless of which account they are scheduled for — in Quicken for Mac 2019?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019
     I discovered that the screen "Bills & Income > Bills > All Bills > Next One Due" gives me the list that I’m looking for. Although it would be really nice if this new Quicken showed us on this very screen what the FREQUENCY of the scheduled bill is (monthly, weekly, annually, custom).
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019
    On the screen located at "Bills & Income > Bills > All Bills > Next One Due", we need an extra column for SCHEDULED FREQUENCY.

In this new SCHEDULED FREQUENCY column, it would show "weekly" or "monthly" or "annually" or "custom" or whatever.

In the old Quicken 2007, this column existed, and it made it extremely easy for us to see at-a-glance how frequently our different bills are occurring.

But now, in the new Quicken 2019, we are forced to manually edit each transaction one-at-a-time — just to see what its scheduled frequency is! This is very inconvenient, and it also gives us a lesser sense of control over our own upcoming bills!

Thanks!
  • pquimby@
    pquimby@ Member
    Would be nice to have the option to show the Account that the bill/income is to be applied to.
  • 19de4bs69
    19de4bs69 Member
    I differentiate between my "bills" (mortgage, utilities, etc.) and recurring charges (netflix, equifax, etc.). It would be great if in the Bills and Income Tab if I could sort between bills, charges, and income. It is really just an additional category. Additionally, on this tab, adding accounts as a column would be a huge help!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest

This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes needed... especially frequency, memo, and indication of whether this auto enters into register or not.

The latter is achieved in QM2007 by using italics for the amount indicating it is not automatically entered, vs regular font for when it is.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Chevybass
    Chevybass Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Currently only the following headers are available for viewing - status, payee, due date, amount, attachment, type and actions. You have to click and "edit all instances" in order to see the memo before marking the bill as paid. Please add "memo" so the additional details for the bill can be viewed....prior to entering it.

There is an option to input the memo when creating the bill, but you cannot see the memo before paying it.

[Merged Post]

• blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Can you add the "Memo" field to the list of column options in the Bills section. When you have multiple bills from the same Payee its hard to delineate which bill is what especially if the amounts are similar.

[Merged Post]

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Bills & Income, Memo field column missing.  Quicken for Mac latest version,  Version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100)

I really miss not seeing the Memo field column in Bills and Income.

We had it in Quicken for Mac 2017

Please consider re-instating it.   Thanks,   QuickPeter
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Any update on this ask?

[Merged Post]

• I just made the same suggestion to the chat line and the person there suggested that I get feedback from the community that might lead to the developers adding a memo column to the projected balance tab of the Bills & Income page. This would help me see what I've scheduled and what I haven't - especially when they are different payments to the same company. EX, different car insurance and homeowners insurance bills to the same insurance company, but at different times of the year. Another EX, property taxes, personal property taxes, vehicle licenses taxes to the County Tax Office. It would be easy enough for the developers to link that tab to the memo that you put in as you enter a new bill. It this seems like a good idea, send a reply making that suggestion to the developers. Thank all y'all!