CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just got this from PenFed:

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

A concern has been submitted on your behalf. We hope to have the connection issue resolved as soon as possible with Quicken to allow you to continue to use the service.
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got this from PenFed this morning:

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

A concern has been submitted on your behalf. We hope to have the connection issue resolved as soon as possible with Quicken to allow you to continue to use the service.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Wonderboy if they would just acknowledge the issue when the issue starts, not when it’s almost fixed or is fixed. Why does Penfed have issues so often…
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Krakat It would help if they'd get their story straight and stop telling people they do not "support" Quicken downloads.
  • Bill Pa
    Bill Pa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Me too... 3-4 days now.
  • jmgloude
    jmgloude Member ✭✭
    Options
    For what we pay EVERY year I expect better service. I've used Quicken for close to 30 years and expect better.
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This problem seemed to fix itself several weeks ago and then started becoming a problem again over the last 3-4 days
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What’s interesting is I have my PenFed accounts linked to my USAA accounts and they are being updated. USAA just went through some enhancements and I had to relink my PenFed accounts to USAA earlier this week and it updated transactions from PenFed that occurred yesterday! I sent an email to Nicole, who I received a response from the first part of September on the last time we were unable to download transactions, asking why USAA can get the data from PenFed, but Quicken users  are unable to download transactions into Quicken. Who is blocking Quicken users from PenFed data? PenFed or Quicken? I believe it’s PenFed. 
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks all you members for being persistent. I sent an email to the Chairman of PenFed a couple days ago and haven't received a response yet. But maybe your excellent actions will have some effect. I am so sick of this problem I could scream!
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Solicitation]
  • James Schoenberger
    Options
    My wife and I have PenFed credit cards only for one purpose (5% off on gas). We don't use the cards for anything else and we don't buy much gas. Over the years, I have had a lot of problems with PenFed on Quicken--the cumulative PenFed problems are more than all of our other financial account problems combined and we have a lot of other accounts on Quicken. Since we don't have much activity on PenFed, it is quite easy to manually update the PenFed transactions on Quicken and wait for a period of time until the PenFed operation is corrected. However, I like to monitor all accounts daily to see that there is no unauthorized activity on any accounts (PenFed and others). The quickest way I've found to do this with PenFed is to install the PenFed app on the iPhone/iPad and set it up for facial recognition to sign in. After doing so, it quickly launches and seems to be working correctly unlike PenFed's problems within Quicken.
    For those who are dealing with PenFed's Board Chairman, I suggest you send him a link to the latest web page of this discussion so he or his reps can see the multi-year frustration Quicken users are experiencing.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @James Schoenberger I sent a link to Nicole who has responded once to my email to chairman of board. 
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I sent a note to the Chairman a few days ago explaining the problem and the poor support response. I noted I had threatened to take my business elsewhere in the past when I reached high frustration but I have finally done it and moved to another CC that offered me 2% cash rebate on everything I purchased on the card leaving the PenFed card with no unique value and lots of unique pain. Sayonara PenFed!
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I too am getting a cc-503 error trying to connect to Penfed. Last successful download was 10/11/2022. I deleted the online account and tried to add it again and received the following message: See attached.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Greg Brown
    Options
    Thanks

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wallenjs said:
    I've been told that PenFed has contacted and opened a ticket with Quicken - Hopefully the two orgs can get this sorted out.
    I can’t believe PenFed is reaching out to Quicken! Miracles do happen! 🤣 Maybe PenFed is getting tired of us contacting board of directors.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @wallenjs said:
    > I've been told that PenFed has contacted and opened a ticket with Quicken - Hopefully the two orgs can get this sorted out.

Thanks for the information
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    You know what they say about the squeaky gear.....it gets the grease. This issue between Q and PF has been going on for years. Don't know if it existed before the current owners and a Subscription product. Been using Q since Windows 3.0/3.1 days, maybe even during the later DOS days.
    '
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nothing new as of 17 October 2022, PFCU still does not recognize the credentials the Quicken server sends to them, and all six of my accounts will not download. I am continuing to log in and enter all the transactions manually.
  • TrapperCOS
    TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I contacted PenFed and was told, "We don't support Quicken automatic downloads" and was told to sign into my account and manually download my transactions. I don't think the rep had anything but her script to go by. My last successful download was also on 11 October. Thinking the issue was with my Quicken data file, I deactivated my OnLine Services and when I try to reactivate, I am receiving a CC-503 Error message stating, “We can’t add this account because Pentagon Federal Credit Union is telling us that your login is incorrect.” I can connect to PenFed from both my desktop and mobile app, so I know that my login credentials are correct. Now my file is in limbo until PenFed reconnects access to the third-party servers, allowing Quicken to access our data. Until then, we need to turn up the heat and priority over at PenFed.

https://www.penfed.org/board-of-directors

I used the link above to write to the Board of Directors. I think that is a great place to apply a little pressure.
  • Lacassin
    Lacassin Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I just left a message as well. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon...
  • Scott S. Arnold
    Options
    October 20th, 2022 Once Again PENFED has stopped working with updates directly from Quicken. Penfed support denies any issues on their side, but this is a persistent and continued problem with Pentagon Federal Credit union.
  • Greg Brown
    Options
    Conflicts Contentions  Blatant Ethics Breach Accusation in Arbitration  Proceeding  Bressler Risk Blog

This discussion has been closed.