New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    dmhump1 said:
    Is there any reason to sync to the cloud if you don't use the mobile app? I can save the data on my wifi network.
    No, if you aren’t using Quicken Mobile/Web Apps there isn’t any reason to have Sync to Mobile/Web on, and every reason not to turn it on since it has been implicated in causing lots of different problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    With R44.27:
    1) the Chase credit card download "completes" but has nothing to import. (same issue)
    2) It also downloaded transactions for a Chase CHECKING ACCOUNT, even though I only updated the credit card account, from that account register, and the checking account shows "last download October 6."
  • ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    As most know, the feud between Chase and Quicken has resulted in failure of the required "re-authorization". It SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK. IT'S BEEN MONTHS NOW. What was an inconvenience now interferes with all my other updates. I've had to delete my CHASE account entirely in order to update the others. FIX THIS OR I GO TO MINT !!!!!
  • This is ridiculous. I've tried most of the suggestions listed in this thread. Every time I try to re-authorize my chase accounts, I get the following sequence. Activate One Step Update pops up directing me to re-authorize on the Chase website with a link. Clicking on the link sends me to Chase and after logging in, it knows I'm trying to connect Quicken and list the accounts. OK. It then supposedly sends me back to Quicken but after a considerable amount of time the Quicken popup shows the sign into Chase failed with "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try again" due to "time out" or "connection error". I've taken to deactivating the accounts and downloaded my transaction manually. I've been using Quicken for a very long time (Deluxe subscriber). This is very frustrating. Please fix soon!!!
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Once again, try to start your browser in SAFE MODE BEFORE you click on authorize in Quicken. Posted several times. As far as I know noone even tried this nor replied to me whether it worked or not. Try it!
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Also, check for hidden accounts. You may have had a prior Chase account that is no longer in use and/or was never deactivated. If it is obsolete, be sure to deactivate and then remove the institution (Chase) from the name. Then try downloading again.
  • tdub4
    tdub4 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    New to the forum and this issue. I was able to authorize my Chase account to Quicken, but the account the downloaded transactions are going into the wrong Quicken account. When I authorized the Chase account, it shows me which Quicken account it is sending the info to, but cant find where I change that to the correct Quicken account. (For example - Chase Brokerage account is being entered in my Quicken Checking account and not the Quicken account I use for my brokerage. Any ideas on how to update the Quicken name in Chase? Thanks.
  • tdub4
    > @tdub4 said:
    > New to the forum and this issue. I was able to authorize my Chase account to Quicken, but the account the downloaded transactions are going into the wrong Quicken account. When I authorized the Chase account, it shows me which Quicken account it is sending the info to, but cant find where I change that to the correct Quicken account. (For example - Chase Brokerage account is being entered in my Quicken Checking account and not the Quicken account I use for my brokerage. Any ideas on how to update the Quicken name in Chase? Thanks.

UPDATE: I went through the reauthorization process again and, on the last step, did find a drop down on the final “Add Account” page with 3 options under the title “Action” (1. Add to Quicken, 2. Link to Existing Account, 3. Dont Add to Quicken). I selected Link to Existing and then it lists some of my Quicken account names. Unfortunately, it only lists the accounts in Quicken that are under the “Banking” tab, but not the accounts under my “Investment” accounts tab which is where the account is that I need to tie it to. Thoughts?
  • tdub4
    UPDATE (to 2 posts above)….in looking closer at the “target” account in Quicken (location for down
    Oases transaction), it shows it is setup for Direct Connect - I assume this is the legacy method that is being replaced. Based on other posts, I am thinking I need to “deactivate” the online update in Quicken for that account. Secondly, my thought is to select “stop sharing” with quicken in my Chase account to reset that process as well. From there start over. Before doing so, curious if anyone may have any thoughts as to what I may be missing.
  • Sportscar
    Sportscar Member
    I have the same download issue and even had an unrelated checking account with new backdated info. Anyone had a success with the promised capability for bill pay with Chase accounts?
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    tdub4 said:
    UPDATE (to 2 posts above)….in looking closer at the “target” account in Quicken (location for down
    Oases transaction), it shows it is setup for Direct Connect - I assume this is the legacy method that is being replaced. Based on other posts, I am thinking I need to “deactivate” the online update in Quicken for that account. Secondly, my thought is to select “stop sharing” with quicken in my Chase account to reset that process as well. From there start over. Before doing so, curious if anyone may have any thoughts as to what I may be missing.
    Yes yes yes. Any Chase accounts showing DC should be deactivated so Chase doesn't look for it to link to. Then run the Add Account protocol.
  • tdub4
    edited October 2022
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > Yes yes yes. Any Chase accounts showing DC should be deactivated so Chase doesn't look for it to link to. Then run the Add Account protocol.

Thanks for the reply. I deactivated the account within Quicken under tools>>accounts. Then I stopped sharing all accounts on the Chase website. Went back to Quicken to add a new account and it went through the whole process again. Got to the end and I am still getting the message that shows the brokerage account that I am wanting to connect to is linked to my checking account in Quicken. The same drop down menu is on the screen to change to a different account, but only provides me a list of my banking account names in Quicken (savings/checking) but not the corresponding brokerage account in Quicken. Cannot seem to find where that linkage is coming from so I can reset/change it.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    tdub4 said:
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > Yes yes yes. Any Chase accounts showing DC should be deactivated so Chase doesn't look for it to link to. Then run the Add Account protocol.

Thanks for the reply. I deactivated the account within Quicken under tools>>accounts. Then I stopped sharing all accounts on the Chase website. Went back to Quicken to add a new account and it went through the whole process again. Got to the end and I am still getting the message that shows the brokerage account that I am wanting to connect to is linked to my checking account in Quicken. The same drop down menu is on the screen to change to a different account, but only provides me a list of my banking account names in Quicken (savings/checking) but not the corresponding brokerage account in Quicken. Cannot seem to find where that linkage is coming from so I can reset/change it.
    Brokerage account? I missed that from your original comment. I don't think Chase investment accounts are currently being shifted to EWC+, only banking and credit cards.
  • tdub4
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > Brokerage account? I missed that from your original comment. I don't think Chase investment accounts are currently being shifted to EWC+, only banking and credit cards.

If that’s the case, is there a way to reactivate using Direct Connect?
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    tdub4 said:
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > Brokerage account? I missed that from your original comment. I don't think Chase investment accounts are currently being shifted to EWC+, only banking and credit cards.

If that’s the case, is there a way to reactivate using Direct Connect?
    I don't have any brokerage accounts with Chase, so I have no experience with those. You might have to contact Support if you can't find any Community help. 
  • tdub4
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > I don't have any brokerage accounts with Chase, so I have no experience with those. You might have to contact Support if you can't find any Community help. 

Thanks again. Have done some more searching and seems that it isn’t a straight forward fix - if at all. So far, all I’ve seen is possibly using a backup file. May try that, but even then, Direct Connect was no longer working on that account, so may not be the answer.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    @tdub4 Direct Connect for both investment accounts and non-investment accounts have been discontinued at Chase.  You have to use Express Web Connect + for both of them.

For investment accounts the financial institution name should be "Chase Investment - New".  And for non-investment accounts it should just be Chase.

Note in one thread some people have reported that recently they haven't been able to get both of these working at the same time.  I do know they worked a few weeks ago when I tested it, but I have not tested them since they discontinued Direct Connect a couple of days after the deadline for the switch.

UPDATE:
    Here is that thread, and at the bottom my comment on what might be going on for people that are having problems with adding their Chase investment accounts.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921793/chase-only-one-financial-institution-now-possible-in-quicken-connections-to-chase
    Signature:
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just stopped downloading Chase investment accoumt transactions due to all the problems.  Quicken and Chase should clarify the whole proper financial institution to pick and process.  Got fed up with banking accounts getting messed up and dreading worse headache with investmemt accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    JRod said:
    I just stopped downloading Chase investment accoumt transactions due to all the problems.  Quicken and Chase should clarify the whole proper financial institution to pick and process.  Got fed up with banking accounts getting messed up and dreading worse headache with investmemt accounts.
    Have you looked at my comment in the thread I posted above?
    It does tell you what to do to get it to work right.
    Signature:
  • Having no luck at all with the new Chase update process. Stuck. No Chase connection. None. Sounds like other have had this problem as well. It's hard for me to imagine why Quicken would not have figured out a solution to prevent this kind of issue. Chase is one of the largest banks. This issue seems like something that Quicken should not have had in the first place or should have solved by now. I am extremely frustrated. And, there seems to be now solution on the horizon. Dammit.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    timothyflist said: Having no luck at all with the new Chase update process.
    Here is my list of steps for what I did....
     - running R43.26  - have NOT upgraded to any R44.xx versions - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
       - the Opening Balance may get trashed - COPY it into the Memo field as suggested by another user
    3 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    4 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    5 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    6 - only 1 dup during this process.
    7 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Thank you for the above instructions. I followed them and they worked. I would just restate to write down your beginning balances for all accounts. Mine changed and I was in the red on my checking. I just went in and changed the beginning balance and it was perfect. I didn't have any duplicate items. The other thing I would say is to do a backup of your file and put it somewhere else so you have the latest in case you need to restore and don't want the file that might have changed while you were "playing with this problem". Now I hope that it works perfectly from now on.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    JRod said:
    Have you looked at my comment in the thread I posted above?
    It does tell you what to do to get it to work right.
    Yes, will have to review it again later. I did similar thing earlier on.  Did not get any option for Chase Investments - New financial institution.  When Q tried to initially convert existing setup, it had somehow attached the working banking downloads to the investment accounts setup and caused it to stop working.  I reverted back to just EWC+ for the banking accounts and stopped using it for investment accounts figuring to give it time for Q to fix things up.   Just fed up with all these Quicken EWC+ conversion issues to invest more time right now.   Thank you by the way for the help and contributions to the forum to help in these problems.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again @Chris_QPW.  Finally bit the bullet and went through trying to setup the Chase Investment accounts to download.  Your directions on adding account and searching for the Chase Investments - New financial institution was spot on.  Had it ignore the banking accounts already setup with EWC+ and linked existing investment accounts with those in Quicken which it correctly identified. 
    Will keep watching like everything else that downloads with Quicken for any problems, but looks good so far.    
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @SteveY said:
    > > @JRod said:
    > > It creates a Credit Card account even after matching the existing account via the reauthorization process?  I assume you likely delete that extra credit card account
    > >
    >
    > The duplicate is created during the manual QFX import. I'm doing that because the EWC+ account "successfully updates" but doesn't show any transactions. I had noted above but I have to edit the QFX file to change the account number (to "...1234" to match the EWC account number) in order for it to import anything.
    >

I had created a separate thread https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20306596 and it was pointed out that if OSU is enabled, that Quicken will not import QFX. It turns out if I disable ECW+ for the Chase card account, I can then import the QFX without editing the QFX file, via File/Import, and choose the existing account, and it imports without creating a second account.

That's much easier, though of course it would be ideal if Quicken would actually import the data.

I'm pretty sure I linked this somewhere above but there is a known issue that data isn't downloaded: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20305156#Comment_20305156
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting new information for me. Did not know the manual QFX import does not work if account has EWC+ download configured.  I guess I lucked out before in diabling the download for the accounts I was importing manually a few weeks back.
  • dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭✭
    Pretty incredible the problems with this migration continue for over 2 months. Quicken users are looking for a reason to stay with this software which is quite powerful vs. other stripped-down substitutes.  But inability of Quicken to keep up with the security requirements of the major financial vendors (whether through the fault of Q or the Vendors that are much bigger and not reliant on Q) is a big problem. Has been a problem with Schwab, Chase and a few others in last year, Eric has said many more will change download security soon.  There has got to be a smoother path.  Quicken's VC owners need to recognize they must invest or they will let the product die. 
  • I’ve been successful in connecting and reliably downloading transactions from Chase banking accounts. Have connected to Chase Investments - New but unable to reliably download transactions in all investment accounts. I’ve contacted support (90 minutes) and executed all the steps listed to validate files, deactivate investment accounts, add accounts to select Chase Investments - New, link accounts, and attempt to download accounts. Investment accounts appear to be connecting successfully but transactions are only downloading in a few accounts. I’m standing by now for Quicken engineers to diagnose and resolve this issue. Thanks to everyone for commenting and offering solutions.
  • Donna A
    Donna A Member ✭✭
    The lack of a Chase download has been a "known" problem for about 2 months!!!!! The updates are useless, just the same response. we know its a problem and we have no answer and not date for an answer. We need a real response. What is the problem and when are Chase and Quicken going to solve it or is our only option to either transfer money out of Chase or move to another financial software package. A real customer satisfaction issue because of the total lack of communication other than a copy-paste same message again and again.
This discussion has been closed.