CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have PenFed and USAA CC and neither are downloading now. USAA stopped working 9/16 and they don't even offer the option to download the .QFX file.
  • craiglongenecker
    Options
    Check with USAA because my USAA Accounts download automatically with out difficulty.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @stan05482 I haven’t had any recent difficulties with downloading USAA transactions. USAA is different user logon and access code.  Here’s the link to Quicken on USAA. https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/faq_BankWS_Quicken_and_Microsoft_Money_BankFaqL1_index?SearchRanking=1&SearchLinkPhrase=quicken

One time I had to deactivate Quicken access at USAA and reactivated and everything has worked great. See link above. Should answer most questions on USAA and Quicken. 
  • John Rozsnyai
    John Rozsnyai Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same. This is beyond rediculous!
  • kev52
    kev52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This was my response from PenFed.
    Thank you for writing to us regarding your concerns about using Quicken/Mint to download transactions from your PenFed accounts.

We contacted Quicken/Mint on your behalf, and they confirmed this is an issue on their end. They also confirmed they have an open ticket (Inquiry# 103847 3261124 #103914) and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We kindly ask that you contact Quicken/Mint directly for questions regarding this issue, as we are not affiliated with them and are unable to provide any technical assistance.

We hope this information has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Nicole Thompson
    Manager, Executive Correspondence
    Office of the Chairman of the Board
    O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    I received an identical response. We need the moderators at Q to acknowledge or refute PF’s info that it is a problem in their court. Time to call in the troubleshooters and get it fixed
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I received the exact same response. Frustrating. So I guess it’s in Quicken’s hands. 
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    Options
    agree.
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I received the following response from Nicole Thompson at PenFed to my message to the PenFed Board.

"Thank you for writing to us regarding your concerns about using Quicken/Mint to download transactions from your PenFed accounts.

We contacted Quicken/Mint on your behalf, and they confirmed this is an issue on their end. They also confirmed they have an open ticket (Inquiry# 103847 3261124 #103914) and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We kindly ask that you contact Quicken/Mint directly for questions regarding this issue, as we are not affiliated with them and are unable to provide any technical assistance.

We hope this information has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Nicole Thompson
    Manager, Executive Correspondence
    Office of the Chairman of the Board
    O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212"

Can somebody at Quicken confirm whether this is true or not?
  • TrapperCOS
    TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I, too, received this reply, verbatim, from PenFed. Seems as though the finger-pointing has landed on Quicken. Quicken’s unsatisfactory response continues to be, we are aware of this issue and have no estimate on when it might be fixed. Quicken doesn’t even admit that the issue is theirs to fix. Not a great response.
  • johnnunez
    johnnunez Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi There,

Still Having issue connection (updating) my PENFED checking account ? Any advice
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have confirmed with PenFed Customer Service for the 4th time just now, that Penfed have in fact shut down all third party access as indicated in my 10/23 post. He promised to advise Nicole Thompson in the Exec Chrms Office that she is giving out bad information. So, wallenjs's response from her on 10/25, above, (the exact same one I and others have received from her) is WRONG. There are no PenFed plans to turn 3rd party access back on, so manually dowloading transactions is your only option if you want to keep using this CU.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    My subscription renews next month. I have not had a good experience with quicken lately. One tech support threaten to hang up on me after more than an hour of trouble shooting and my frustration showing. The lack of concern with fixing this issue is problematic for me. I'm paying for a service that doesn't work. I have decided to cancel my subscription as I can download my account data directly through Pentagon and create a function to upload my data into my personal database or find another service.
  • Rick Vansciver
    Options
    This issue with Pentagon Federal Credit Union is totally out of control. It is really getting old with excuses that its not Quicken its the Pentagon Credit Union or we have contacted Pentagon Credit Union and are working the issue. When are we going to see some resolution to this issue??????
  • Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is a constant problem. I have 4 accounts with PenFed and my last successful update was 10/6/22. that's 3 weeks. I can't keep track of my finances without the downloads. I keep reporting it which has turned into a joke. If quicken has no intentions of fixing it then they should let us know. I was forced to stop using my PenFed credit card and have changed over to a big bank. Changing all my auto-pays was a time consuming pain. Quicken is johnny-on-the-spot when it comes time to renew...
  • nordicmariner37
    Options
    I think it is about time that quicken corrected the one step connection for PENFED CU. Cannot get same since Oct 10. The error says it's NOT my fault. PLEASE CORRECT THIS ASAP.
  • phantmdrvr
    phantmdrvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I wrote to PFCU this morning and they claim the downloading issue is a Quicken issue, not a PFCU issue.
    Thoughts?
  • kujo46
    kujo46 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Same issue here. Really getting tired of these connection issues between Quicken and PenFed. Having to login to PenFed and manually download and import credit card transactions into Quicken is getting old. Glad PenFed has not shutdown the "More account info and actions->Download Transactions" Credit card link otherwise I would have to drop their credit card for one that works with Quicken.

Why is this so hard to fix?
  • Wings
    Wings Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @darbusa said:
    > I received the following response from Nicole Thompson at PenFed to my message to the PenFed Board.
    >
    > "Thank you for writing to us regarding your concerns about using Quicken/Mint to download transactions from your PenFed accounts.
    >
    > We contacted Quicken/Mint on your behalf, and they confirmed this is an issue on their end. They also confirmed they have an open ticket (Inquiry# 103847 3261124 #103914) and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We kindly ask that you contact Quicken/Mint directly for questions regarding this issue, as we are not affiliated with them and are unable to provide any technical assistance.
    >
    > We hope this information has been helpful.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Nicole Thompson
    > Manager, Executive Correspondence
    > Office of the Chairman of the Board
    > O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212"
    >
    > Can somebody at Quicken confirm whether this is true or not?

I received the same response.
  • Wings
    Wings Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is a link on the PenFed website to send a message to the board of directors. I suggest everyone use it to tell them that regardless of which party is at fault you expect them to work for a resolution as automatic downloads to Quicken is extremely important to you.
  • qkn1
    qkn1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditch Quicken or ditch PenFed?

I'm one step away from doing the later. Capital One has 3.0% savings rate. I'd miss the 2% Power Cash Rewards Credit Card. :(
  • stevie_22
    stevie_22 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue here, please fix!
  • Denman
    Denman Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant]
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022