I tried to follow the link for the latest release, but I'm not seeing it.

Options
tgeorgeSD
tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
tried the ctrl-shift to try to open quicken without a data file. It gave the response back that it doesn't honor "run as administrator". It's my company's laptop, and I assume I am an administrator. I'm just trying to get Quicken working again, but I've not been able to find where to download the latest update or chat with support.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @tgeorgeSD,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.

If you are unable install the latest update via Help > Check for updates, then you can download and install the latest version through the Mondo Patch found in this support article.

You can access chat support through this link here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded the latest patch, but it came up and said the latest version was R45.13, and the version installed on my computer is R1. Why would there be such a difference between installed and this update? make me leary of applying the lates update?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "R1" is just an error in the dialog text. Ignore it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the answer. That isn't helpful for us old people. I'm updating with the latest release, and will go from there.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R1 is Canadian version from 2017 from a quick google search....

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    Options
    It downloaded and applied the latest update, but it's still not opening Quicken. It's just showing the Quicken logo on the body of my computer, and a blank white box on when I hover on the Q program icon. Any other ideas?
  • tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can anyone advise regarding the best method to get help? I have hearing issues, so would like to use the chat, but if it's better to call, I can do that sometime tomorrow.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    retird said:
    R1 is Canadian version from 2017 from a quick google search....

R! is the first release of almost every Q program.  That's what's on the disk and what gets downloaded if that's how you buy.
    During the install process, the program gets  updated to  what's current at that time.
    This is true for both Q US and Q Cda.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got on with support and they walked me through what I had to do to get to just the program, then she walked me through how to create a new file from the latest backup. Service was great! Only draw back was I didn't find out what might have caused it. Hopefully, everything will run fine. Thanks for the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.