After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIAA is sending the wrong info. Ignore the message. It happened to me also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thanks--ignore--which is what i am doing--It could have been a telltale sign that someone emptied my TIAA account--started on 11-8-22 Have you run across any other posts along these lines??
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Ran through all my accounts (Banking, Credit Cards, Investments) with R45.11, the only problem is with TIAA Direct Connect
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Gadi@
    Gadi@ Member ✭✭✭
    Ignoring it is a short term solution. Quicken's & TIAA's "geeks" should solve it - otherwise, what's the point of connecting the accounts to Quicken?
  • pperegrine
    pperegrine Member ✭✭
    The problem with "ignore" is that the value in Quicken does not match the actual value of your account. You used to have to create a placeholder. As of this week the value of TIAA shares is coming in as 0, so choosing placeholder changes the value of your account to 0. QUICKEN FIX THIS!
  • HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Problem still exists in 45.11 with multiple accounts at LPL Financial. Have submitted a report via Help -> Report a Problem.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Since v 45.11 installation, security qty mismatch now occurs with downloaded 'Alight Solutions' Direct Connect 401k account.  I notified tech team via Help > Report a problem at top bar of my Quicken register.

Q MODERATORS, this Security Mismatch problem shows across many recent subject lines and includes lots of User summaries to verify it's a widespread malfunction.  Glad to know you flagged it to Tech Team.  However, Quicken's KNOWN PRODUCT ISSUES doesn't acknowledge problem which raises concerns.  TIA for a status update to all soon.
  • I have the same issue with my TIAA/CREF accounts showing 0 shares. It began immediately after the last Quicken update. It is very frustrating. I agree, Quicken needs to fix this ASAP.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gadi@ said:
    Ignoring it is a short term solution. Quicken's & TIAA's "geeks" should solve it - otherwise, what's the point of connecting the accounts to Quicken?

Ignoring it is the only solution until TIAA fixes things on their end.  Search the OFX Log to see for yourself what is being sent from the website to your desktop.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gjscaven
    gjscaven Member ✭✭
    > @wrighjww said:
    > I see that Quicken has released 45.11 for Windows. Does anyone know whether the security mismatch issue caused by the release of 45.7 was fixed in 45.11? After reverting to 44.28 fixed this problem, I don't want to "upgrade" to 45.11 if it causes the security mismatch problem to return.

This worked for me as well. I certainly hope the folks at Quicken will report back on this issue once fixed. Until then, I will not 'upgrade' either.
  • CaroPanthers
    CaroPanthers Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I am having same issue with Merrill Lynch. Spent a couple of hours with Quicken help desk. Finally heard about this thread. Going back to 44.28 resolved my problem.
  • UshiLeigh
    UshiLeigh Member ✭✭
    Hi, I noticed the updated version of R45.11 did not correct the issue. Balances and shares are still reporting Zero. I did test my account by switching to SIMPLE INVESTING and updated the accounts. Balances did come thru with proper number of shares. However, I prefer the COMPLETE INVESTING method. Thanks.
  • OK—After 4 calls to quicken and TIAA and finger pointing, a quicken agent who really tried and wanted to help says that they have seen the issue and it has been reported and has been escalated. TIAA says that it seems to be a problem with simple investing and complete investing and that they have received reports of the issue since the last update. Simple investing supposedly will resolve the issue but it then quicken looses all the functionality I need and the software is worthless. The story changes a little bit every time I am placed on hold and the agent confers with his support team but quicken now states that this is an ongoing problem with other institutions too and that the quicken servers with their new communication method are not reading the data properly and that they are working on it—That’s good news but the bad news is that they have no idea when it will get resolved because they are working on other more important issues—He suggested a month but who knows. They said they will email me when its fixed but that I could call back in a week to check. I asked them to save the next persons 4 hours of time and please post this problem---yup so the solution as before is to ignore the mismatch 😊 Kind of crappy answers but at least I think, are honest ones.
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Anyone Try the release that came out yesterday after R45.11 to R45.13? Did this correct the issue?
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Problem continues with R45.13
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I agree that major Security Qty Mismatch problem persists in newly released R45.13.  Ironically, the exact same qty of mismatched shares shows for several different securities.  For me, mismatched share volume is off over 7k compared to the equal, accurate share qty in my records and on Investment company reports.  I again posted misalignment via Q Toolbar's Help > Report a Problem.

Moderators, kindly let Users know if Tech Team is ACTIVELY working to release solution and its target release.  This inaccuracy of share volume messes things up, especially with end of year financial reviews and planning.  Thanks for insights.
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Glad I checked here before updating to R45.13. I won't allow Quicken to update until I'm sure the update resolves this issue.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same "mismatch" issue. It involves downloads from Fidelity Investments and it appears to have started after my update to 45.11

In my case, the issue seems to only impact REIT stock holdings. I have four holdings in that category and those four holdings seem to always have been reported in an "Other" category on my Fidelity statements. 

All of my investment holdings in Quicken are consistent with the holdings being reported online at Fidelity but the Quicken software reports "mismatches" on these four holdings and suggests placeholders for the differences. I have not been able to revert to a previous Quicken version as I receive an error message when I attempt to do that. I will also report this issue directly to Quicken.
  • rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken is not reporting some securities from Fidelity and the share count comes through as zero versus the real share count in Quicken. It appears to be happening only with REIT stocks, ie (MPW, AMT, DX, SACH, CCI). It started about 3 weeks ago.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same thing.  However, in addition to REITs (WPC, EPR, STWD) I have another stock PAGP which is also being reported as zero while my shares in Quicken match what Fidelity shows.  The insteresting thing is that if you look at the Online Center the correct shares are shown.  It is only when Qucken attempts to compare what Fidelity says to my shares that it says that Fidelity is reporting zero shares for these stocks.  I originally thought this was a problem with the shares being reported in the download but that doesn't seem to be the case.  It seems that Quicken is somehow not picking up those reported shares when it does the comparison.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    @rotygolf and @bmciance,

The main discussion thread on recent securities comparison mismatch issues is here:

[Edit to remove self-referencing link; q_lurker]

It’s an issue with 45.xx versions. Roll back to a patch version earlier than 45 to eliminate the mismatch issue. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, using R45.13.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi All, I was asked to ask you all what you are seeing when you are in the Online Center. Specifically the As of Date and if the mismatched securities are in the holdings there. If you, select Compare to Portfolio you should get the mismatch screen in those situations.

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    Do you have to be using v45.11 or v45.13 to gather the info that you are requesting? Many of us have reverted to v44.28 as a workaround until Quicken addresses the bug.
  • RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    OP here...
    Online Center ..... AS OF is showing Nov 26 12:30:10 (although I updated 5 mins ago)
    I can confirm the "mismatched securities" table...
    - reports securities which are NOT in the "holdings" table
    - reports those securities as "shares reported" = 0 and "shares in quicken" something >0 (and equal to the correct quantity)
    I have several Fidelity accounts... only one is having this problem. Have not looked to see if there's anything about the mismatched securities that form a pattern.
  • racer0692
    racer0692 Member ✭✭
    I have 3 Fidelity accounts with this issue and they all have REIT's in them that are reporting wrong.

Online Center.... As of 11/26/2022 3:30:10AM (updated minutes ago as well).
    I see the security that has the mismatch listed with the correct number of Units listed.
    When I click on Compare to portfolio the mismatch screen appears, which I get any time I go into the account, Shares Reported = 0.000
  • RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    @racer0692 ... there is something resonating about your comment. Attached is a snip of my mismatches and many look like REITS.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 Fidelity accounts with the mismatch when I click Compare to Portfolio.  I agree that they are mostly REITS, but not all.  Here is a snippet of one of my accounts where it is reporting zero while the shares in Quicken actually match

Plains GP Holdings isn't a REIT but the others are.  

Here is another intereseting tidbit which I wonder if others are seeing.  All of the stocks that are reporting zero shares are shown at the bottom of the list in the online center.  It happens that way in all 4 of my accounts.
  • wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    All of my errors are with accounts that are not REIT’s.
This discussion has been closed.