After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jimshul1,

To be able to stop Quicken from automatically updating the application on startup, you'll need to change your "User Account Control Settings" in Windows.  Here are the steps:

1) Click on the "Windows" icon (in the lower left hand corner);
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon > In the "search box" - Type "Change user account control settings" > then click on that;
    3) You will see this pop-up window > Select the "notify me only when apps try to make changes..." as shown on this Snip

4) Click "OK" and you are done.

Keep in mind that this will stop the automatic installation, buy it does that simply by warning you with a pop-up when there is an update available.  You will still need to say "No" to that pop-up warning, if you want to stay on your current version at that time. If you actually want the update - just check OK.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Frankx!

I understand these Window settings. I'm disappointed that I have to depend on Windows to monitor and alert on this and not Quicken...
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    Any word on Quicken fixing the issue? Or has it been corrected and I missed it?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominic said:
    Any word on Quicken fixing the issue? Or has it been corrected and I missed it?

This issue is ongoing. As discussed above, the best we can do for now is to revert to R44.28.

What I see with R45.13 is that the Securities Comparison Mismatch shows 0 shares held, but if I go to Tools > Online center and select the account I can see the correct holdings there. Do you see the same?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    I stopped updating that security after I restored the data. So, I’ll try when I get a chance. Thanks. Terrible. They should renew us for free.
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    Also not happy--have reverted to 44.28, so TIAA balances are displaying correctly after downloads, but I hate having to suppress updates because Quicken isn't fixing a widespread problem.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Kind of unbelievable… Not a word from Quicken.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    > @Dominic said:
    > Any word on Quicken fixing the issue? Or has it been corrected and I missed it?

Asa
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    I also find it unbelievable that there are no comments from Quicken. This problem is more than a month old now! WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WORK FOR QUICKEN? DON'T THEY MONITOR THESE DISCUSSIONS? CAN'T THEY AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM? I HAVE ALSO BEEN A USER FOR YEARS, AND CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAS LASTED SO LONG.

Maybe it's time to say "so long" to Quicken.
  • bpmd50
    bpmd50 Member
    How long until Quicken solves these share count errors?
  • Jim_Harman

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

Jim, I looked for an alert and didn’t find one. Then I requested an alert be posted and it seems that request is not getting any traction. 

Were you able to find an alert on this issue?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    edited December 2022
    No I was not able to find an alert. I am encouraging those affected to contact Support in hopes that this issue will get the attention it deserves.
  • Jim_Harman
    Hi All, I was asked to ask you all what you are seeing when you are in the Online Center. Specifically the As of Date and if the mismatched securities are in the holdings there. If you, select Compare to Portfolio you should get the mismatch screen in those situations.

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean
    Following up on this, my problem is with TIAA 403(b) accounts. My holdings and share counts are reported correctly in the account's Holdings tab in the Online Center but when I click on Compare to Portfolio the security is present but Shares reported is zero.

This is clearly a Quicken issue and given the number of users apparently impacted, I think this issue deserves an Alert.
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    I also agree
  • mfstarnes
    mfstarnes Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue (Fidelity), and i have noticed that the issue only exists for REITs. EQIX, NLY, AMT, CCI, DLR
  • John McNally
    John McNally Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Since 11/15/22 I'm getting a notice on Quicken that our Fidelity update shows RYN and SUN stocks BOTH 35 shares less than were reported by Fidelity on 11/15/22 - 65 instead of 100 shares. On Fidelity, our account shows 100 shares of each. We're using the "ignore for now" option, but the message continues to appear periodically.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    whaat version .... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• John McNally
    John McNally Member ✭✭
    Windows 11 (PC) Enterprise
    R45.13
    Build 27.1.45.13
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's numerous problems with R45.  I'd suggest dropping back to R44.28

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• D Pierce
    D Pierce Member
    Hello. I use Quicken Premier desktop and link my investment account to my brokerage account online. Recently several stocks started showing 'security comparison mismatch'. When I checked, both Quicken and the on-line brokerage have the same number of shares, but I still am getting this message. I went to the security detail and unchecked 'Match with online security' and re-sync'd the account, but alas I still get the same message. I do not understand why Quicken is not 'seeing' the brokerage shares on-line. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It is very annoying.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @D Pierce,

Which brokerage are you using and which connection method?  Also, which version and release of Quicken are you running?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• D Pierce
    D Pierce Member
    I am connecting to Fidelity using Direct Connect. Quicken version R45.13, build 27.1.45.13. Does that help?
  • bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    In case someone from Quicken is actually listening, in my situation the thing that is interesting is all the mismatched securities at a given account always show the same number: either 0 or 200. So, one of my accounts show about 10 mismatched securities and all the shares reported are 0. In another account, again about 10 securities shown, but in this case, all the shares reported are 200. Both accounts have MANY securities, so the mismatched ones are a small subset of the entire account, and the mismatched set has a lot of common securities between the two accounts (same security in both mismatched lists).
  • bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Question: Do others have trouble getting the "Report a problem" in Quicken to work? I would say about 1 out of 5 of my attempts actually work. Most of the time Quicken says: Unable to send report to Quicken, please try again. Pretty bad when the bug reporting mechanism doesn't work :-( .
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hi again @D Pierce

Yes, it does help.  Recently a lot of users who are running builds after "R44-28" are seeing the same types of problems you now are.  Here' the main thread on this topic - LINK. 

While Quicken is working on these problems, I would suggest that you take the following steps to fix your problem" during the interim:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then open and download this LINK;
    3) Page down and then under Windows (US) - click on "October" - and then on the "release R44-28" link to start the download:
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file) the filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

• RBala
    RBala Member
    I am using Quicken Deluxe (windows subscription) R45.13 Build 27.1.45.13. For the past few weeks, 11 of my securities in my Fidelity managed brokerage account report the same share balance of 259.224. I have no idea how they landed on that number. The actual share balances in quicken and in my online Fidelity account (when I log in) are correct. How do I fix this constant error message please?
  • MikeF53
    MikeF53 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I just tried to report and got the same message. It would seem Quicken is not interested in listening to users and correcting errors.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RBala

I am a little confused - where, in Quicken are you seeing the "same share balance of 259,224" and where are you seeing "The actual share balances in quicken" that "are correct"??

Frankx

• Same issue for me with Wells Fargo Trust. Very frustrating that Quicken has yet to resolve.
This discussion has been closed.