AT&T online bill

Options
My AT&T online bill will not update. The system says "fix it". I have tried over and over to fix it and the result is the same -- a message indicating I will hear back in a couple of days.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @dherskovits,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• dherskovits
    dherskovits Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine Screen shot attached
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same here on the Mac side.  I have posted about this (as have others) for some time without resolution sorry to say.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been like this for months with me. As a matter of fact, this month a first! NONE of my Online Billers will update. 3 have the Fix It and that is not new and should not have needed a screenshot. The still waiting to connect message has been months now and as Q says, no ETA. No ETA for a lot of Online Biller issues.
    Anyway, if it helps, I created a test file with ONLY Online Billers so I can try refreshing, fix its, etc without affecting my live data file.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly the same issue for months. I reported it in June but my discussion was CLOSED. FIX IT doesn't seem to do anything. WINDOWS 10
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I have been experiencing this on almost all off my bills (out of 12, 2 work) and all but 1 give the same message, this has been ongoing for a few months. Latest version on Windows 10.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not seeing any urgency to fix these. Wish I could withhold my renewal fees until "some" of this is fixed. But each month we apologize for your ioncoveneience. the support staff is working dillegently. We have no ETA.

We should each get a free year, in my not so humble opinion. Been more than "inconvenient". Inconvenient is when Wordle is not working, not FINANCIAL software.

</rant>
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Do you like to play Don Quixote and fight the (Bill Manager) windmills forever and ever?
    Or would you like to take an easy way out of this situation?
    In the latter case please reread my earlier comment for a solution.
    I've been using the suggested solution for many years, with no problems and no missed or late payments ever.
  • jdlong2j
    jdlong2j Member ✭✭
    Options
    The AT&T bill update issue seems t0 be related to the 2FA request from AT&T is not showing up in quicken. The code comes in on my phone but quicken does not prompt for it. AT&T just sits in the 'pending' category until it finally fails. Any fix?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jdlong2j said:
    The AT&T bill update issue seems t0 be related to the 2FA request from AT&T is not showing up in quicken. The code comes in on my phone but quicken does not prompt for it. AT&T just sits in the 'pending' category until it finally fails. Any fix?

Today for the first time Quicken had a field for the 2FA when I refreshed the biller waitng to be "fixed". I was able to enter, but that brought me full circle to "waiting" again. But feels like a little progress.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is now working but VERY finnicky. Required deleting th eonline biller, re-adding. The some combination of refresh bill, Update All and Fix It until it "took" the 2FA that I now had a place to enter. Cannpot tell exact steps, but showing promise. I was able to get it working in both my Test and my Live files.
  • cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    Options
    My AT&T online bill will not update. The system says "fix it". I have tried over and over to fix it and the result is the same -- a message indicating I will hear back in a couple of days. Sometimes it works for a day, then the next time a bill should be there, it doesn't work and asks for the login code again. The fixit never fully fixes it. i've "fixed it" several times.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, still broken. Sometimes Refresh Bill helps to get the 2FA. AT&T send me the codes ebven when I do not know I need them so Quicken is asking even when the 2FA dialog is nowhere to be found. Does not seem like a priority for support to get fixed. But no doubt, someone will come along reporting it is fixed and a 50% chance it won't be. Just like Quicken Is Connecting to Your Biller messages marked as fixed and are not at least yet.

Post if you find an AT&T fix. It is server side but....
  • Terry Lemons
    Terry Lemons Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I do the 'Fix it' workflow for my AT&T account in Quicken, I'm being prompted to enter 'UserID', 'Password', and 'Identification Code' and to select a value from the 'How do you want to get your code' pulldown. There is no explanation of how/where to get this 'Identification Code'. Anyone know the answer? This has been broken for me for months.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I do the 'Fix it' workflow for my AT&T account in Quicken, I'm being prompted to enter 'UserID', 'Password', and 'Identification Code' and to select a value from the 'How do you want to get your code' pulldown. There is no explanation of how/where to get this 'Identification Code'. Anyone know the answer? This has been broken for me for months.

It shows up on my iPhone. Like any other 2FA that has your number. If not, it would be email. And of course, AT&T has your phone number so odd that part of this broken process is not working. You are farther along than most getting the input field for "identification code" at all.
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    Do you like to play Don Quixote and fight the (Bill Manager) windmills forever and ever?
    I've been using the suggested solution for many years, with no problems and no missed or late payments ever.

How about a pointer to your solution.  Thank you.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:

How about a pointer to your solution.  Thank you.

You must not have scrolled back towards the top of this discussion.
    Please read my first comment in this discussion for a way to avoid Bill Manager problems and get your payments in on time, every time.

• cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    Options
    The bill manager issues are too complicated for Quicken to resolve IMO. The AT&T issue has gone on for months. A USAA problem has gone on for months. The feedback is poor and they resolve the issue.
  • starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It drives me nuts ! Some Billers work fine with Quick Pay and some just hang in "Fix It" mode . I sending more Check Pay than Quick Pay
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starrdd49 said:
    It drives me nuts ! Some Billers work fine with Quick Pay and some just hang in "Fix It" mode . I sending more Check Pay than Quick Pay
    Maybe you should follow my advice, posted earlier in this discussion, and bypass Quicken Bill Manager altogether. Let the billers do the work of collecting your money for you. They are using a process which has been working for several decades.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AT&T has become worse for me. Still loses 2FA, then any attempt to "fixit" or refresh biller, or remove and readd screws up OTHER online billers.
    Sometimes takes quite some toime toget everything other than AT&T working. This needs to be fixed. I firmly beloive it is Quicken Online Billers not handling 2FA properly and either not presenting the field or breaking the biller when it does present and never updates.
  • cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Will Quicken ever be able to fix this AT&T billing issue......doubtful, but they now send me emails saying the biller need to be corrected LOL LOL it's one be endless circle
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

AT&T was supposed to be fixed last week as the developers told me. Definitely not. Its a mess.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And still horribly broken. Attempts to get to a 2FA corrupt other Online Billers requiring unlinking, deletes, reboots, reinstall those billers and then a Repair and Verify has 30-60 errors it removes as well as orphans. Worst Online Biller issue t least currently for me.

This discussion has been closed.