When trying to open 1 of my 3 files I receive error message

Options
gwpeck
gwpeck Member
When trying to open 1 of my 3 files I receive error message...
QUICKEN CANNOT OPEN THE DATA FILE BECAUSE IT IS IN USE BY ANOTHER APPLICATION, SUCH AS A CLOUD STORAGE BACK-UP. PLEASE CLOSE THAT APPLICATION OR TURN OFF CLOUD STORAGE SYNCE AND TRY AGAIN. I have turned off my one drive on several occasions, as well as doing multiple restarts. Like I said, I can only open two of the three files... Any ideas on the fix? - thank you

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @gwpeck

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gwpeck
    gwpeck Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for responding and for your interest Jasmine, it is appreciated. I used an older back-up and restored this account...so, all is good...happy holidays!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FWIW, Quicken doesn't support accessing your data file from a cloud synced folder. Backups to the cloud are fine.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @gwpeck

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gwpeck
    gwpeck Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for responding and for your interest Jasmine, it is appreciated. I used an older back-up and restored this account...so, all is good...happy holidays!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FWIW, Quicken doesn't support accessing your data file from a cloud synced folder. Backups to the cloud are fine.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.