Auto-adjust column width when font size is changed

Options
Jake Westerhof
Jake Westerhof Member ✭✭
I have to adjust column widths in registers by hand in order to see the full contents of crucial columns like Amounts, Balance, etc. Ditto for the accounts sidebar.

After switching back to Regular Fonts, I have to re-adjust column widths again.

It would be incredibly helpful to have an "autofit" column widths option. Perhaps in the column customization ("Register Columns" button above the vertical scrollbar) ?

Or at least an option to "double click" on the column separators to have them autofit.

Otherwise, it is incredibly tedious to adjust column widths "by hand" in each register.

Anyone else frustrated by this? Or know of some hidden/buried feature for accomplishing this?
Tagged:
19 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Jake Westerhof,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• stevewaters100
    stevewaters100 Member ✭✭
    Options

For the first ten years I used Quicken, the column widths have always automatically adjusted any time I clicked the Windows "Minimize" or "Restore" (un-minimize) icons. Suddenly as of March 2023, the column widths of all my registers are now either way too wide to to see all the columns, or way too narrow to use all the available space. It is extremely obnoxious to have to adjust every single column, in every single register, every single time you Maximize/Restore Quicken. Did something change in a recent update?

• break80
    break80 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to see a button to auto-adjust columns, similar to MS Excel. There you simply double click the end of the field after selecting all fields. In Quicken I could imagine a button would work best given the current state of the user interface.

• mychecks
    mychecks Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off-Topic]

• stevewaters100
    Options

Eventually I figured out how to get the columns in a register to automatically adjust to exactly the space available at any given time. Go to the register settings (the gear icon in the top-right), then Register columns (NOT Register peferences), then at the bottom-left of the menu that opens there is another gear icon, then "Reset to default columns." It only took me 8 months (and trying many times) to figure that out, so I hope this helps others.