Fidelity Rewards Credit Card - Not showing the cents for the online balance (QWIN)

The Fidelity Rewards Credit Card is not showing the cents for the online balance. Can this be fixed so we can reconcile the account using the actual account balance?

Comments

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    I experienced this inability to download transactions with Elan/Fidelity Rewards starting in late November. Finally after resets and removing online updates it works but the online balance drops the cents and you can’t auto reconcile now in December. It’s only Elan/Fidelity transactions.
  • Hello @jfrcpa

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. 

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I just noticed this same issue today with both the Elan Financial Services setup (in my main data file) and the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup (in a TEST file).  Today I got new transactions downloaded from the first time in a few days and in both files the downloaded Online Balance was an amount with no cents...in my case it should have included $0.12 as is shown in my online account.  That prevented reconciliation from being completed.

Since this is now happening with more than 1 person in multiple threads and over several days, something seems amiss....either in what Elan/Fidelity is downloading or with the Intuit/Quicken servers.  So, I have am submitting a report. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    This evening the Elan Financial setup updated the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card account correctly...downloaded a new transaction, the Online Balance included cents and Reconciliation worked perfectly.

The Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup, however, did not update the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card correctly...did not download the new transactions, the Online Balance still did not include cents and Reconciliation failed.

Since the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card website is essentially a mirror of what happens on the Elan Financial website I'm assuming that there is a delay in getting the same results there...at least that is what has happened in the past.  I'll check again in the morning to see if anything has changed.

• Boatnmaniac
    This morning:

ELAN FINANCIAL SERVICES:  Updated the Fidelity Rewards Visa card account properly, again.

FIDELITY REWARDS CREDIT CARD: 
    • Looked like the account might have updated but, once again, it did not.  
    • No error message.  
    • Reset Account did not work.  During the process I got the "Link to existing account" option but there was no dropdown from which to select the existing account.  The process completed saying Reset was successful but it was not since the last download date was 12/22, no new transactions were downloaded, the online balance was not updated and the online balance cents were still missing.
    • Deactivate/Reactivate:  Similar results as with Reset Account except I was given the opportunity to select the account to link the download to.  But everything else about it failed.
    I will say it again:  Those who are still hanging on to the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection should very seriously consider switching to the Elan Financial Services connection.  While Elan will have issues from time-to-time (as with most financial institutions) it is so much more reliable and trouble-free than the Fidelity Reward Credit Card connection.  I switched over to it more than 2 years ago and have never regretted doing that.

• Boatnmaniac
    Today:

ELAN FINANCIAL SERVICES:  Has continued to update and download transactions for the Fidelity Rewards Visa card account properly.

FIDELITY REWARDS CREDIT CARD: 
    • Today was the first day since 12/16 that new transactions were downloaded.  All of the missing transactions that had not downloaded since 12/16 were downloaded.
    • The Online Balance amount is still a whole dollar amount...cents are still missing...so reconciling to the Online Balance still cannot be completed.

• almcate
    almcate Member ✭✭
    Same issue... individual transactions download properly but online balance rounds to nearest dollar. Since I reconcile after each download I'm dealing with about a dozen "reconcile adjustment" entries (since December Quicken software update) of however many pennies the account is off when I reconcile. Awkward and messy and confusing but at least Quicken recognizes the previous adjustments and I know what charges are cleared or scheduled. Presume this is an annoyance that will be corrected (not in the most recent software update), but would like to confirm it is being handled.
  • JWF214
    JWF214 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card balance dropping the cents on the statement balance. As recommended above, I just now switched the download FROM Fidelity Rewards Credit Card TO Elan Financial Services. Then I did an update, twice, but the statement balance is still missing the cents. I will also submit a problem report to Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2023
    Downloads from Elan Financial Services via EWC continue to be pretty trouble-free...and the online balance that is downloaded does include the cents so reconciling to the online balance generally is a breeze.
    Downloads from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card via EWC:  Transactions continue to download OK but the online balance always drops the cents.  I have tried both Reset Account and Deactivate/Reactivate several times over the last nearly 4 weeks and this is always the same outcome. 
    I only download from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card in a test file so I can monitor and trouble shoot it but IMO this link should be shut down so everyone uses Elan Financial Services, instead.  It is so much more consistently reliable for over 2 years now.  I really don't understand the desire to keep the redundant and troublesome Fidelity Reward Credit Card link in the FIDIR.  I am pretty sure it is Fidelity that is insisting on this for marketing and brand rationale but from a customer experience perspective it is the wrong thing to do.

• JWF214
    JWF214 Member ✭✭
    > @JWF214 said:
    > I'm having the same problem with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card balance dropping the cents on the statement balance. As recommended above, I just now switched the download FROM Fidelity Rewards Credit Card TO Elan Financial Services. Then I did an update, twice, but the statement balance is still missing the cents. I will also submit a problem report to Quicken.

I just ran another update using the Elan Financial Services download and it correctly downloaded the cents for the statement balance, woo-hoo!, I can finally reconcile this account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2023
    JWF214 said:
    > @JWF214 said:
    > I'm having the same problem with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card balance dropping the cents on the statement balance. As recommended above, I just now switched the download FROM Fidelity Rewards Credit Card TO Elan Financial Services. Then I did an update, twice, but the statement balance is still missing the cents. I will also submit a problem report to Quicken.

I just ran another update using the Elan Financial Services download and it correctly downloaded the cents for the statement balance, woo-hoo!, I can finally reconcile this account.
    Great!  Another success story! 
    (BTW, my Fidelity Rewards Credit Card in a test file still downloads the online balance with the cents dropped.)

• Art W
    Art W Member
    I'm having the same issue with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. I turned off the automatic reconciliation and am reconciling manually be entering the correct ending balance with the cents included. This way I don't have to enter bogus adjustment entries. A little less convenient but a manageable workaround. I've also reported the issue to Quicken personnel.

I just switched the link to Elan Financial Services and the initial download still drops the cents. I'll try again over the next few days to see if it corrects itself like it did for JWF214.
  • Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    Is anybody from Quicken working on this?  There are multiple people with this issue for many months now.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.  Can't reconcile with online balance since the received balance drops all cents.
  • jijones2
    jijones2 Member
    Same problem here, no cents
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mine shows cents. I am using the Elan connection, don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • jijones2
    jijones2 Member
    How do you change to the Elan connection? Do you have to create a new account?
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2023
    jijones2 said:
    How do you change to the Elan connection? Do you have to create a new account?
    You will first need to set up an online account with Elan Financial Services.  It is not real intuitive how to do that but you can Google "Elan Financial Services credit card Login" and then click on My Account Access or simply go to Credit Card Account Access: Log In (myaccountaccess.com)
    Fidelity Rewards is essentially just a mirror of what is on the Elan website which has been rebranded for Fidelity.  Some have said they were able to simply log in there using their Fidelity Rewards Credit Card account login.  But others (myself included) needed to go through the new account setup process.
    Reading through a lot of the posts about this online balance issue it seems that while many are able to get a good reliable connection and accurate online balance with the Elan Financial Services link (including me) that is not always the case. 
    Some have been able to change the link used with their current Fidelity CC account in Quicken.  The process for doing this:
    1. Enter the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field of that transaction.
    2. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General Tab > delete all Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field) > Add Account > Elan Financial Services > enter the login information > when prompted to decide what to do with the downloaded data be sure to select Link and the existing account in Quicken.
    4. If the account balance and online balance match, then you are done.
    5. If they do not and the online amount has dropped the cents then this process did not work.  Restore the backup file and skip to the next paragraph.
    6. If the online balance did not drop the cents but the online balance and the account balance are out of sync, first check the Opening Balance transaction.  If the dollar amount does not match what you entered into the Memo field, change the dollar amount to match what was entered into the Memo field.
    7. If the online balance and account balance still do not match each other:  Work your way backward through the account register looking for duplicate transactions and a 2nd Opening Balance transaction.  Any duplicates and a 2nd Opening Balance transaction found will need to be manually deleted.
    8. At this point the online balance and account balance should match each other.  If not, some additional reconciliation troubleshooting will need to be done.
    Some who switched their existing Fidelity Rewards account to the Elan link still see the same 0-cents online balance issue.  Or perhaps you just want to start the Elan account fresh with a new and separate account in Quicken.  In either of these cases, I would suggest the following:
    1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Add Account > Elan Financial Services > enter the login information > when prompted to decide what to do with the downloaded data be sure to select Add which will create a new account in Quicken for it.
    2. Does the online balance match the account balance?  If so, that is good and proceed to the next step.  If not and if the online balance has dropped the cents, then the set up process failed so proceed to the next paragraph.
    3. You then have a choice to make:  Keep the two accounts separate or merge the two accounts into the new one for Elan?  Either method will retain your historical transactions record.  Which one you want is a personal choice.  After you decide, if you want assistance, let me know and I can help you walk through the steps.
    Unfortunately, some have reported that neither of these options gets rid of the 0-cents online balance issue.  If this happens with you, let me know.

• Michael Preston
    Michael Preston Member ✭✭
    I continue to have this error.
  • Boatnmaniac

With which financial institution setup? Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Elan Financial Services?

• ilenefields
    ilenefields Member ✭✭
    FIXED! I unchecked 'Reconcile using online balance' and entered the correct amount in the Paper Statement balance. Perfect balancing! Maybe someday the Auto Reconcile will be fixed, but in the meantime, I can reconcile accurately.
  • Boatnmaniac

Switching to manual reconciliation does not fix the Online Balance issue but it does let you reconcile the account. For those who do not mind doing manual reconciliations, then that is certainly a solution. I'm glad that you find this to be an acceptable solution.

But for those who do not like or want to reconcile manually then manual reconciliation is not a fix…it is nothing more than a nuisance workaround.

For those who value and do not want to manually reconcile, then a real fix is the Elan Financial Services setup which does not drop the cents from the Online Balance. Unlike the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup which has a long history of connection reliability issues (and now this issue with dropping the cents from the Online Balance), Elan has a long history of being relatively stable and trouble free.

• BHaasie
    BHaasie Member ✭✭
    Have the same issue (online balance not showing cents). Tried all of the above, still no cents. Rather annoying!
  • jeffrose5
    jeffrose5 Member ✭✭

I found this thread because I finally got sick of adding in bogus adjustments and then removing them (this only started for me in the last month or so). Like others, I switched to Elan, but it's still dropping the cents. In 20+ years of using Quicken, this has never happened to me on any other account.

Maybe I just need to make charges in whole dollars on this credit card ;-)

• BHaasie
    BHaasie Member ✭✭
    > @jeffrose5 said:
    > I found this thread because I finally got sick of adding in bogus adjustments and then removing them (this only started for me in the last month or so). Like others, I switched to Elan, but it's still dropping the cents. In 20+ years of using Quicken, this has never happened to me on any other account.
    >
    > Maybe I just need to make charges in whole dollars on this credit card ;-)

I changed my financial institution from Fidelity Rewards Cards to Elan Financial and it finally works correctly! Disconnect then add new account using Elan Financial. When it finds you account link to existing. No more damn .00 Good Luck
  • jeffrose5
    jeffrose5 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I am glad it's working for you, @BHaasie, but as stated - I already switched to Elan Financial and it's still not working. Seems like it is working for some and not others. Unfortunately, I'm in the "others" camp.
  • TricKnees
    TricKnees Member

I've switched to Elan Financial and it's still not working. Quicken for Mac,version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100)

• jeffrose5
    jeffrose5 Member ✭✭
    Ironically, it is now working for me as of this morning after switching to Elan a week ago today. @TricKnees maybe you just need to wait a week... I hope it "sticks" once the cents come back... time will tell...
  • Boatnmaniac

In 2 of my TEST files I set up Elan and in both of them initially the cents were dropped from the Online Balance.

In one of those files, the cents were added back into the Online Balance during OSU the next day.

In the other of those files, the cents were added back into the Online Balance during OSU on the day after that.

I run OSU in these TEST files at least 1X/day and after 2 weeks of testing Elan in both of those TEST files the Online Balance is correctly updated each day new transactions are downloaded.

I also had tried something else in a 3rd TEST file which has convinced me that downloads from Fidelity Rewards CC is seriously broken.:

1. Setup Fidelity Rewards CC account. The Online Balance dropped the cents.
    2. Logged into the Fidelity Rewards CC online account and downloaded a couple of days of transactions in QFX format and then imported it into the Fidelity Rewards CC account. That changed the EWC connection method to WC. The other change that happened….and this surprised me….the financial institution was changed from Fidelity Rewards to Elan Financial. The Online Balance now also included the cents.
    3. I then clicked on the link to upgrade the connection method (Online Services tab of Account Details) from WC to EWC. It took a while but EWC was set up with Elan Financial…..but the Online Balance once again dropped the cents. The next day the Online Balance after OSU included the cents.
    4. I have been running OSU on this TEST file just about every day for over a week and the Online Balance continues to show the correct dollar amount with cents listed.

This whole issue with Fidelity Rewards CC Online Balance dropping the cents started back in Dec. I have been using the Elan Financial setup link since before then and except for a 1 day hiccup in Dec it has been working perfectly.

This discussion has been closed.