After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Joe12 said:
    I called quicken support today. They were rude and said it was not their problem and they have not heard of the issue.

@joe12, On 12/13 you described two issues - a Security Comparison Mismatch and Report a Problem not working.

Did Support say they had not heard of either of these issues and that neither was their problem?

From the discussion here and the fact that the Security Comparison Mismatch problem appeared when R45 was released, goes away when you revert to R44, is not present when you view the balances in Tools > Online Center, and affects multiple FIs, this is quite clearly a Quicken problem.

It would certainly be nice if Quicken were to acknowledge the Security Comparison Mismatch issue by posting an Alert with periodic updates and making sure that all the Support agents are aware of it. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

It would certainly be nice if Quicken were to acknowledge the Security Comparison Mismatch issue by posting an Alert with periodic updates and making sure that all the Support agents are aware of it. 
    I don't see one of those pretty useless announcements that say they know about it, but have not ETA, but the very first "answer"/response in this thread acknowledges this problem and has an official problem report number (from their developer internal bug system CTP-4977).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > @joe12, On 12/13 you described two issues - a Security Comparison Mismatch and Report a Problem not working.
    >
    > Did Support say they had not heard of either of these issues and that neither was their problem?
    >
    > From the discussion here and the fact that the Security Comparison Mismatch problem appeared when R45 was released, goes away when you revert to R44, is not present when you view the balances in Tools > Online Center, and affects multiple FIs, this is quite clearly a Quicken problem.
    >
    > It would certainly be nice if Quicken were to acknowledge the Security Comparison Mismatch issue by posting an Alert with periodic updates and making sure that all the Support agents are aware of it. 

Their solution for both issues was to uninstall and reinstall quicken. After reinstallation, they wanted me to set up a test account and download data from the financial institution and see if the mismatch occurred. I shared with the tech support that I think the issue is a historical holdings issue, which would not be downloaded. I may try the uninstall reinstall, but it seems like grasping at straws for a problem that they say is on my end, but in fact is on the quicken end. Very frustrating.
  • Terry Morse
    Terry Morse Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows, Windows 10 64-bit

I, too, have had a problem with a Securities Comparison Mismatch zeroing my TIAA-CREF account in Quicken with the latest update (27.1.45.21). I am no longer contributing to this account, so all the downloads are of changes in the Securities Value and Total Market Value of the account. In previous versions, I'd regularly get a securities comparison mismatch, but it would show a single entry for "TIAA Traditional." If I have Quicken enter a placeholder transaction for the difference, it would add or subtract a small amount that would bring the values in line with the online balance. After updating to 45.21, the Securities Comparison Mismatch includes two entries: one for TIAA Traditional, and one for CREF Social Choice. If I have Quicken add a placeholder for CREF, it drops the total market value from $35K to $28K. If I then do a placeholder for TIAA Traditional, it zeroes out the account completely.

Something is desperately wrong here. If I revert to QW 44.28, everything works out fine. I do hope Quicken will fix this expeditiously.

Terry
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    The time has long passed for expeditiously. This is about 6 weeks since this discussion started.
  • wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    I have likewise experienced a security comparison mismatch ever since R45 was installed. It is in only one of my four Ameriprise accounts and is only a single security. Thus far, other updates to R45 have not eliminated it. I currently have R45.21, build 27.1.45.21.
  • Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    How can reverting to QW 44.28 continue to be a solution when other critical updates have come since then?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe12 said:
    How can reverting to QW 44.28 continue to be a solution when other critical updates have come since then?
    That's a good question. Moving between R44 and R45 is just trading one set of bugs for another. I'm running R44 but am torn whether to go to R45 and just ignore the securities mismatch bug.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    6 pages of comments and about 6 weeks of this and I still can't find an official admission that this problem even exists. HELLO QUICKEN. ANYBODY HOME?
  • Jim_Harman
    Mike D300 said:
    6 pages of comments and about 6 weeks of this and I still can't find an official admission that this problem even exists. HELLO QUICKEN. ANYBODY HOME?
    It may not be much consolation, but if you go all the way to the top of Page 1, you will see a comment from @Quicken Anja from Nov. 15 saying that this issue has been reported to Development and assigned #CTP-4977.

Hopefully they have received enough reports via Help > Report a problem to understand the issue and are working on a resolution.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    OK, I've been a member of this thread for weeks. I reverted back to R44 per recommendations weeks ago and am still using it.

I need a clarification on what I "think" I saw the problem as. I'm with Fidelity and it didn't matter what the account was or what security it was, I got a mismatch in Quicken. BUT, comparing the Holdings view in Quicken to my actual Fidelity accounts was correct.

So, am I correct that you can just ignore the mismatch error alert and still know that your Quicken account Holdings are still correct?

I'm getting real tired of the Windows User Account Control settings alerting me to almost everything I want to do just to keep Quicken from updating...  If it is just a nuisance alert that really means nothing, I'm updating.

That is a very nervous thing to do anymore. They already ruined a part of my two decade+ data file, but I have a workaround.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • UshiLeigh
    UshiLeigh Member ✭✭
    @jimshu1 I downloaded the R45.2 that's recommend in the link you provided. The new release did not fix the Security Mismatch issue. I converted my accounts to Simple investing and everything now matches.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jimshu1 said:
    This is a fix for yet another problem dealing only with options.  It isn't a fix for the problem discussed in this thread where the comparison is wrong.  And to answer your question on it. Yes, the warning that your securities in Quicken don't match what the financial institution is wrong.  Note be sure you don't add any placeholders because of it, and also that means you are responsible for really checking the security positions in Quicken against what is really at your financial institution instead of relying on this check of the downloaded summary information about your securities.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    This update may have taken care of a different problem that also started with R45, having to do with option trades. Several users have already reported that the security mismatches continue even with the latest update - R45.21.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    OK, thanks. My mistake on thinking it was resolved. I had thought that the link referred to our problems.

- Jim S.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭

- Jim S.
  • Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having this problem also, the only REIT I own (in a Fidelity account) has a correct share count of 105.485 shares, but Quicken > Reconcile Shares insists that the balance downloaded from Fidelity is -100 (negative 100) shares. I spoke to Fidelity support, and they confirm that their system is correct, that they have been downloading the correct values, and that Quicken has been informed of the problem by Fidelity multiple times and has been unable to fix it. I called Quicken support, walked through validation of my file with them, and confirmed a) the problem exists, and b) cannot be fixed by anything phone support could suggest. I gave them this thread and the problem ID CTP-4977, and asked that my support rep confirm to the maintenance/development team that he has yet another customer with this problem. He confirmed that he was doing so. 
  • Chuck K
    Chuck K Member
    I am running Quicken Home & Business subscription version R45.21 build 27.1.45.21 under Windows 11 Home. A number of weeks ago, I started to get a Securities Comparison Mismatch when updating a Fidelity account via Direct-Connect that contains their Tax-Aware Domestic Sleeve which contains a lot of securities (screens and screens worth). According to the pop-up, Fidelity is reporting 0 shares for 10 securities. After checking the Fidelity Website, I determined that the shares in Quicken are correct. I do not seem to be having problems downloading transactions on this account and other Fidelity and Vanguard accounts. I hope this helps someone determine who is at fault.

Does anyone remember Quicken 1 with it's simple check?

Chuck
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any success or update that worked? I stopped updating my TIAA account two months ago because it would show "0" in the account balance after R45.
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    Same old problem of zeroing out transaction balances. Nothing has changed.
  • Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    The problem continues with 45.21 for Windows. The reported shares quantity for a security on a Wealthscape (Truist) account is wrong by about 24k. Fortunately, it is only one security in one account, out of dozens of securities across multiple accounts. Is reverting to a previous release really the answer?
  • BBBurson
    BBBurson Member
    Just to add my two-cents worth: sometimes Quicken says "Shares Reported" is MORE than "Shares in Quicken" but when I log on to my broker the actual number of shares matches "Shares in Quicken." This is happening to me with Merrill Lynch and LPL accounts, but only one or two securities in any account.
    Windows 10 Subscription, 45.21.
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    The "ignore securities mismatch" workaround is fine for most of my accounts and securities, but it's a problem for TIAA Traditional. For some reason when TIAA updates this security (which is daily) it does so by simply adjusting the number of "shares" (1 share is always $1), rather than with a reinvestment transaction. If Quicken allowed me to specify that TIAA was the "Cash" for the account, it would be easy to address. But for the moment the only way to update the TIAA Traditional balance is to create a placeholder each time the number of shares increases, and of course that doesn't work right so long as the zeroed-balance bug remains.
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > (CTP-4977)

Any update when the investigation might be complete, and the resolution provided? Many much less important bugs have been dealt with since this was first reported.
  • Jim_Harman
    @jgackson,

The longstanding issue you describe with TIAA Traditional downloads is different from the more recent Securities Mismatch issue being discussed here. Please see this discussion for more information and a different workaround.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20303381#Comment_20303381
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    I’m aware it’s a long-standing problem at TIAA, and I’ve pressed them to fix it, but to no avail. Thing is, the simple regular workaround was placeholders generated by Securities Mismatch, and with the 45.xx bug that doesn’t work any more.
  • Jim_Harman
    jgackson said:
    I’m aware it’s a long-standing problem at TIAA, and I’ve pressed them to fix it, but to no avail. Thing is, the simple regular workaround was placeholders generated by Securities Mismatch, and with the 45.xx bug that doesn’t work any more.
    The Placeholders would make your share balance in Quicken correct, but they prevent Quicken from calculating your Average annual returns correctly.  
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    Indeed. But I never trust Quicken to calculate returns correctly, so not an issue for me. I still need the 45.xx bug fixed, though.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with jgackson. As previously mentioned, the issue here is with Quicken not correctly processing Security Comparison. That process, for TIAA for example, show zero "Shares Reported" for ALL securities from TIAA. This Securities Comparison Mismatch issue started with the 45.xx releases and continues. Prior to this, I resolved the TIAA-Traditional placeholders with a "Reinvest - Income Reinvested" to keep track of returns. With this current Quicken problem, I manually enter a "Reinvest - Income Reinvested" transaction for TIAA - Traditional security to keep balance current and keep track of returns. Transactions downloaded from TIAA for all other securities seem to work OK with the exception of the mismatch issue. The compare issue can be suppressed until fixed via Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Compare account portfolio after download -> Settings -> Select Accounts for which you want to enable this option.

Other folks have reported similar issues with other financial institutions and a variety of securities.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
This discussion has been closed.