Time Interval on Reports (Q Mac)

Dan R NC
Dan R NC Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Mac)
I just updated to 6.11.3 and today I have noticed there is no way to set the time interval for reports. I have reports (for example, Net Worth) that show results with a weekly time interval, but I can't change it to months or years.

Didn't there use to be a way to do that?

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    WOW, You are right. I've stuck with 6.10 for production because of the removal of Update Selected Account. But now that I check 6.11.3, I see that some of the interval options have been removed. In 6.10, when you start a Net Worth By Month/Quarter/Year, you had a popup to select other time periods:

Which gave you these options:

But in 6.11, the popup is missing:

You still have Month, Quarter and Year options via the Reports main menu. But the options to do Week, Two Weeks, Half Month and Half Year are gone. 

I sure hope this is an oversight/coding error rather than an intentional unannounced removal of features like the removal of Update Selected Account was.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    So we can get a Net worth as of any specified date (today, end of last year, etc.), by Month, By Quarter and By Year. I'm wondering how significant the other (now-missing) intervals are? By Quarter gives you the data you'd get with Half Year, and I wonder how many people have a need to see the changes in their net worth over week or two week intervals? 

That said, I'm curious whether this was an intentional or accidental change. @Quicken Victoria can you give us any insight into this?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I do use the weekly and half monthly options sometimes when I want to see finer grained view of account value changes during market swings.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for the heads up.  It makes no sense to remove this functionality.  I thought I'd put off updating from 6.11.2 to 6.11.3, but the issue already exists in 6.11.2.  Thanks @RickO for confirming the 6.10 behavior.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Dan R NC
    Dan R NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I'll also add that the way I noticed it was trying to get a report of Net Worth by week for a long period of time. This was a report that used to work. The report didn't generate and in place of the report was the following message: "Too many columns. The interval is too short for the time range." Unfortunately, there is no way to simply change the interval.

I like to see changes by week, but maybe I don't need to see 20 years by week. I was able to get approximately 4 years. My guess is that the column limit is around 200.
  • buzzardsmith
    buzzardsmith Member
    edited February 2023
    Still waiting for the fix. [Removed - Sarcasm/Disruptive]
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is fixed in version 6.12, which is out now. If you had been patient for just a few more hours...

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    [Posted in the wrong thread by mistake.]
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, I draw attention to a related IDEA thread to bring back "Custom Dates", as exists in QM2007. Consider adding your vote:

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.