is this the payment for this scheduled bill or deposit?

Options
mrmeyer
mrmeyer Member ✭✭
I get this popup often, and I can't figure out what it's basing it recommendation on. I would assume it's based on the "Bills and Reminders" tab but it's not.

For instance, when I pay "Joe $100" this reminder pops up, sometimes with multiple suggestions. Did you mean "Joe $100" 3 months ago?" Did you mean "Joe $5?" Did you mean "Sally $11.95?"

So I'd like to get rid of the stupid popup if it isn't going to tell me anything accurate.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello

@mrmeyer,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the pop-up message you describe receiving? If needed, please review this

Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response, if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How often do you make payments to "Joe" and "Sally"?
    Which account do you use to make payments? Your checking account or an offline Cash account?
    It appears that you have set up reminders for these payments. Do you record the reminders BEFORE you download transaction confirmations from the bank?
    Making sure the reminders have been recorded before download should help get rid of the popup message.
  • dgyp
    dgyp Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mrmeyer said:
    > I get this popup often, and I can't figure out what it's basing it recommendation on. I would assume it's based on the "Bills and Reminders" tab but it's not.
    >
    > For instance, when I pay "Joe $100" this reminder pops up, sometimes with multiple suggestions. Did you mean "Joe $100" 3 months ago?" Did you mean "Joe $5?" Did you mean "Sally $11.95?"
    >
    > So I'd like to get rid of the stupid popup if it isn't going to tell me anything accurate.

I have the same problem, it's been around for quite some time and some reminders it happens each month when I go to pay it - I'll enter the 12/1 recurring transaction and it'll ask "is this your 11/1 payment" to which of course I say no (the 11/1 is already in there) and next month it'll ask me "is this your 12/1 payment" and so on. Recently something happened though it it went through 4-5 different reminders asking my if I was entering for one of those dates. Sorry, no screenshots and no... can't reproduce it.
  • D Wurm
    D Wurm Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Wurm said:
    I don’t believe the Suggest Reminders preference has any impact on preventing the “Is this the next scheduled reminder for...” pop up. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mshiggins said:
    D Wurm said:
    I don’t believe the Suggest Reminders preference has any impact on preventing the “Is this the next scheduled reminder for...” pop up. 

It doesn't, it only affects these:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.