I have been getting error QCS-0500 for close to a week with Citibank cc accounts. (Q Mac)

ceciskier
ceciskier Member
Support says it's a known issue but provides no guidance.

Answers

• Hello @ceciskier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are receiving this error. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 4.03.11 PM

Attached is a screenshot of the error message.
  • Hello @ceciskier,

Thank you for providing that screenshot. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    i'm having the same problem, have tried to reconnect for several weeks, getting the exact same error. started a thread two weeks ago, no answer. did your suggestions above, same problem. What is going on?
  • Hello @tcburke3,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Next,  I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double-check your Firewall / Antivirus settings to ensure that the Quicken program always has permission to establish outbound Internet connections.
    If your AV / Firewall software creates log files, please review them, if necessary with the help of your AV software support team. That might show the problem and give you a way to easily resolve it. 

• tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    nope, didn't work. i am able to log into Citi, but when it comes time to download, i get the error message listed above. we can't be the only ones with this issue and it's been ongoing for weeks.
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    Jasmine, any further ideas? i mean if this is a problem you're having that you can't resolve, please let us know, but right now it's extremely frustrating to have this go on for so long and not have any of these solutions work and have to wait so long for a moderator to respond.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tcburke3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the steps previously provided above fail to resolve the issue, then at this point, we advise that you contact Quicken Support directly instead for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    okay thanks, the reason i come here is that Quicken Support is to be avoided unless absolutely necessary, they're terrible. the issue resolved itself though, thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up, glad to hear the issue resolved itself!

In regard to contacting support; I'm sorry to hear your experience in contacting them has been a negative one so far. Should this happen in the future, please feel free to reach out and let us know as we can pull support interactions for review and forward them to our Support Management team when necessary.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.