Fifth Third update errors

Answers

• catmandel
    catmandel Member
    Fifth Thid Bank will not update-" I get the It's not your fault" error. They are supposed to be working on it.
  • Joe Banton
    Joe Banton Member ✭✭
    This may be premature, but I was able to update my accounts for the first time in 2 days a few minutes ago. Thanks to whoever fixed it.
  • Michael Zierdt
    Michael Zierdt Member ✭✭✭
    I have been manually downloading from 5th 3rd on my Windows machine which remembers my5/3 password, so it hasn't changed
    But I also have to manually download from Chase because even though I have tried for months after Quicken told me to relink the account for one-step update, I just tried and was sent to Chase and got "Your accounts have been authorized successfully!" when I go back to Quicken just get a spinner "Sign in to Chase Bank Failed.. Not confidence building in a program I want to trust to manage all my finances.
  • yomanjm1
    yomanjm1 Member ✭✭
    > @Joe Banton said:
    > This may be premature, but I was able to update my accounts for the first time in 2 days a few minutes ago. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Good evening, Joe

I was hopeful as two of my 3 accounts downloaded through Quicken about 15 minutes ago (16:20 CST). Sad to report the downloads have stopped.
  • Keith Cohick
    Keith Cohick Member ✭✭
    Following, have same issue.....
  • I have 3 Fifth Third accounts (checking Mastercard, and HELOC). The HELOC account never has been recognized so I've updated that manually. I started receiving the 332 error as well. I tried resetting the checking and Mastercard accounts and received the message that the action could not be completed. I ended up deactivating the checking account and reactivating it. Once I reactivated, Quicken found all 3 accounts. I told Quicken to link the checking and Mastercard accounts to the existing accounts and they updated correctly. I told Quicken to link the HELOC account (all account info appeared correct) to the account I had been updating manually, and even though that account has a $10,000 balance, Quicken indicated the loan was paid in full and I could not see any of the transaction records. I ended up restoring the latest backup and followed the procedures I described here except I told Quicken not to add the HELOC to Quicken and will continue to maintain that on manually since there are never more than 2 ore 3 transactions in that account.
  • Jody3134
    Jody3134 Member
    Same issue
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Now it has changed to a OL-294-A error.  FWIW.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I just ran a one step update and Quicken says that it completed my Fifth Third update.  However, only three of my four accounts (2 savings, and 1 Trio Credit card) updated with zero transactions.  The one step update shows no evidence of updating my checking account that it used to update without a problem until yesterday.  The summary shows no errors.  Furthermore, I didn't have any new transactions in the "updated accounts" to verify if the update was actually successful.
  • Bonzo
    Bonzo Member ✭✭
    It started downloading again this morning for me.
  • Working for me this morning too.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    Successful Direct Connect this morning, Friday 1/20/23, though it took way too long to fix IMO.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    I had a successful download however my credit card reported "no unreconciled items" and the online balance disagreed with.  Quicken stated it was zero.  I reset, then tried to turn off online services and restart those services and now I'm back to OL-393-A.  It may be an isolated issue with me.  I will try Ctrl-shift info and refresh next.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Refresh banking info did not work either.  OL-393-A remains. Try again tomorrow. Anyone else?
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Update, error still received. However, downloads occurred in checking, credit card was able to be relinked with online services.  The error still displays however.  Updated Quicken via problem reporting.
  • yomanjm1
    yomanjm1 Member ✭✭
    My checking account will download, but my two savings accounts will not. Still receiving the same error.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    This morning OL-393-A error. No downloads.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    I believe I found a resolution posted by a previous thread.  After the update, the online bill pay for savings was once again turned on which was causing the error.  I turned it off and did not receive an error message though I didn't receive any downloads which is likely.  Thinking this is resolution.  I'll see going forward.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm still not receiving any update errors.  However, my checking account still isn't updating.  I tried resetting the checking account in online services but received the "Account reset failed.  Quicken could not complete the account reset" message.  Bill pay in not on for any of my accounts anymore.   Bill pay used to be on for my checking account before this latest Fifth Third fiasco.  I'm now manually updating my checking using the downloaded QFX file download from Fifth Third's website.
  • Yoman
    Yoman Member ✭✭
    > @Joe25 said:
    > I believe I found a resolution posted by a previous thread.  After the update, the online bill pay for savings was once again turned on which was causing the error.  I turned it off and did not receive an error message though I didn't receive any downloads which is likely.  Thinking this is resolution.  I'll see going forward.

Joe25, thank you. That was exactly my problem’s solution. I just performed an Update without any 5th 3rd errors. As you had, the bill pay was selected On. Disabling that for my two savings accounts was the fix. No idea how they got enabled. Thanks again.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I deactivated my checking account and reactivated it while selecting link to existing account.  Now may summary shows it has updated all four of my accounts including the checking that was previously not updating.  I'll keep my fingers crossed...
  • Fred Coale
    Fred Coale Member ✭✭
    Worked for me: In edit Account Details, select Online Services, then press Reset Account.

Quicken will ask for your Fifth Third user name and password, then locate the account at Fifth Third. Select to link it to your existing account. In my case, it downloaded all previously unloaded transactions correctly.
  • yomanjm1
    yomanjm1 Member ✭✭
    If one has multiple accounts with 5th 3rd - In Account Details, Online Services, toward the bottom, look to see if Quicken Bill Manager and Bank Bill Pay is activated under the 3rd row.

If you do not use these services, make sure to "Deactivate" all the 5th 3rd accounts that do NOT use the Bank's Bill Pay.

For some unknown reason, mine were activated (I had deactivated these about a year ago when having this same issue). Perhaps a Quicken update switched these on?

For the past week my Quicken updates have been working flawlessly. Yay me! Hoping yay us!
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    After working as it should for 2 weeks today the 322 error is back and again cannot connect. Also a Quicken update today, don't know if it is related or not but historically when things stop working it is often right after an update.
  • Same here, update and now back to OL-332-A error. This is just ridiculous. I suppose it will be another week before I can update my 5/3 accounts.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    No update but did receive an OL-332-A error as previously reported by others.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    > @ballgeier said:
    > Fixed for a week or two and now same issue again. Funny, just got my Quicken renewal email! This may be the last time I deal with these issues. 

Mine is up for renewal soon too. I'd love nothing more to dump Quicken, especially since they hold their loyal customers hostage to an overpriced subscription model. Problem is of the narrow field of competitors there is no one product I have found that does all the things I need it to in one package. Don't need all the bells and whistles just simple software that works. There's a real opportunity for some ambitious young software developer out there....
  • Feb 6 and still having the same issues. When will the Fifth Third Bank connection be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.