Going back to Quicken 2017 non-subscription version

Options
GrandmaJo
GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
I am considering going back to the 2017 version of Quicken but wondered if it can open my current subscription file.  The latest subscription versions have really added nothing new to what I need, as I never used the download functions.  It would be too difficult to manually update my last Quicken file from 2019 that didn't require a subscription, so doing this would depend on being able to open the current file. (I've been using it without a subscription for over a year.)

Thank you.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    EDIT:  Corrected the 1st sentence.
    I don't think Your current data file can be read by QWin 2017 but I might be mistaken about that.
    However, if you do not have that QWin 2017 still installed on another computer that you would use for running it you will not be able to install it now and have it work.  QWin 2017 is no longer supported by Quicken and reinstallations/new installations of it will not function.  You might want to read more about this at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20332734#Comment_20332734.  There are several other posts threads about this regarding QWin 2014-2017 no longer working.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think your current data file can be read by QWin 2017 but I might be mistaken about that.

You are, the Quicken data file format is backwards compatible to Quicken 2016.

Of course, that probably not going to matter given what they have done with the Quicken Id login for the non-subscription versions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you by chance have an old system backup that has the files needed, you can possibly revert to QW2017.
    See this thread for the file(s) needed from the old backup:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.