Subgroups not appearing in budget

NLT
NLT Member ✭✭
When in the budget (yearly or graph), the main catagories appear but the subcatagories don't appear. However, the information for the subcatagory does appear. Just happened after today's update. Very strange as this never happended since I have been using Quicken (lots of years). Anyone else have this happen?

Example: Catagory Social Security shows up. Under that should appear My Social Security and Wife's Social Security. Those subcatagory names are missing. However, the correct dollar amounts are present as well as the graph lines.
Tagged:

Comments

• NoelXX
    NoelXX Member ✭✭
    Same here. Updated 2 days ago and noticed today. If I click on Category History for any sub category line with missing name, it correctly shows the name and the history.
  • NoelXX
    NoelXX Member ✭✭
    Also noticed that after rebooting computer multiple times that eventually the names appear but they disappear after navigating through the software. Can't nail down a sequence to make them appear every time.
  • I also have this problem. There are other budget issues in play and Quicken states that R47.11 takes cares of those. I have 47.11 and I do have this sub-category problem. We need a fix from Quicken. Does this discussion alert the support team at Quicken, or is there something else that needs to be done to get their attention?
  • markl0514
    markl0514 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I noticed this issue several weeks ago. Not sure which update caused it, but agree that the latest update, R47.11, has not fixed it.
  • chetjunior
    chetjunior Member ✭✭
    I also noticed after the R47.11 update my income and expense subcategories' names disappeared, but the BUDGET & ACTUAL data's still showing. Weird, because when I run a BUDGET report, the categories and their subcategories appear correctly!
  • NoelXX
    NoelXX Member ✭✭
    I reached out through Quicken chat yesterday and was given a case number to call back Monday morning. I have noticed that if I keep scrolling back and forth between budgets using left and right arrows that eventually the sub category name appears. I'll let everyone know what they tell me after I call them.
  • NoelXX
    NoelXX Member ✭✭
    After contacting Quicken, they were able to see the issue. It will be fixed in a future release - no timeline given. In the meantime, I was instructed to go to the Support menu and download the January release. My data was backward compatible. I was advised not to upgrade until release notes indicate the issue is fixed. So I am now back to R46.12 and life is good again.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kmc00
    kmc00 Member ✭✭
    > @NoelXX said:
    > After contacting Quicken, they were able to see the issue. It will be fixed in a future release - no timeline given. In the meantime, I was instructed to go to the Support menu and download the January release. My data was backward compatible. I was advised not to upgrade until release notes indicate the issue is fixed. So I am now back to R46.12 and life is good again.

This problem is driving me crazy and I want to do what you did. How do I download a previous version? I cannot seem to find it on any of the support pages. I'm also at 47.11
  • mschmidtro
    mschmidtro Member ✭✭
    kmc00,

Quicken Support gave me this link to find the prior release to install. This fixed my missing budget subcategory issue. Again, don't apply any new release updates until they announce the fix.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has#:~:text=Find%20your%20Membership%20expiration%20date,released%20before%20your%20expiration%20date.

Download the January 2023 release R46.12.

Good luck!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    kmc00,

Quicken Support gave me this link to find the prior release to install. This fixed my missing budget subcategory issue. Again, don't apply any new release updates until they announce the fix.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has#:~:text=Find your Membership expiration date,released before your expiration date.

Download the January 2023 release R46.12.

Good luck!
    Not sure but the new R47.15 might be the fix you are looking for.  Release notes:

What’s Fixed

• Quicken was not displaying some categories in budgets.

Windows R47.XX Release (US) — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kmc00
    kmc00 Member ✭✭
    Wow, this has now been fixed in the version that was just released yesterday(?). I can't begin to explain how much easier it is to use when I can actually read the categories for each line! It appears this has addressed other budget display issues as well--such as the color-coding based on above/below budget. Thank you Quicken!
This discussion has been closed.