Fifth Third update errors

Answers

• I wish you people would test more before putting out these nuisance updates of yours. This has happened the last 2 times I was forced to update. Everyone: you can expect a week to 10 days before this will be resolved. Meanwhile we're all in Dire Straits where you pay "Your money for nothing."
  • yankee
    yankee Member ✭✭
    Ditto Meledosia. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Carrie06
    Carrie06 Member
    This issue still exists. Please advise on ETA for fix. It is unacceptable how frequently this occurs.
  • rodneybr
    rodneybr Member ✭✭
    Have the same problem, unable to perform a onestep update of Fifth Third accounts, or selecting a single Fifth Third account and trying to update transactions. Receive error OL-322-A incorrect login information in Quicken. Verified information and am able to login on 53's web page!
  • midwestjim7
    midwestjim7 Member ✭✭
    Still have the same problem with being unable to update my 2 Fifth Third accounts. Is this Quicken or 5/3 problem?
  • celandes
    celandes Member
    Just another unhappy customer. Quicken, please call Fifth Third and fix the issue!!!
  • bakerlou
    bakerlou Member
    I pay about $50 per year for quicken software. Getting to the point where not worth it anymore because of continuing issues.
  • sflund
    sflund Member ✭✭
    I am also having this issue. This is happening all the time and is getting very frustrating.
  • RBK55
    RBK55 Member
    I am having the same issue with logging into 5/3 bank via quicken.
  • G196
    G196 Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same problem with 5/3rd.
  • rodneybr
    rodneybr Member ✭✭
    Same problem here, been that way for many days now! Better be escalated to a HotFix or Patch!
  • Chicory
    Chicory Member
    same problem here
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, same issue here. Have not been able to download Fifth Third Bank transactions for over a week now. This is crazy. These issues should never take this long to correct. Come on Quicken, you can do better than this. You have many unhappy subscribers due to not being proactive and quickly resolving problems like these.
  • J. D. Riley
    J. D. Riley Member ✭✭
    Fifth Third says a Quicken issue-last week Quicken said it was a bank issue. Be nice if it could be corrected.
  • kroehrig
    kroehrig Unconfirmed, Member
    Having the same issue as everyone else. Honestly I am glad I am not the only one with this issue
  • ken7030
    ken7030 Member
    I have been having the same issue, quicken has become very unstable over the past few years and my subscription doesn't seem to get me anything. I am getting ready to pull the trigger and do things manually via Excel. I think Quicken should give each if it's subscribers a refund for their terrible support.

I have spent hours correcting the errors that using quicken with 5th 3rd bank has caused. I run a business and use quicken to manage the business accounts but quicken is quickly becoming useless to me.

All Quicken seems to be able to say is

"This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates."

I think we all know this is a computer generated. Boiler plate response and I doubt anyone at quicken is actually working on the issue.
  • aul1231
    aul1231 Member ✭✭
    Connection to Fifth Third Bank suddenly stopped working for me. I get the error that I am using invalid credentials. I haven't changed my credentials at the bank. I tried resetting the account but got the same error. I then deactivated and tried reactivating and got the following message:

"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

I even created a new quicken file and tried to connect to Fifth Third Bank with no luck.

I first noticed the issue 4 days ago.
  • tiger00
    tiger00 Unconfirmed, Member
    I am having the same issue :( I have spent several hours on the phone with several Quicken support agents telling me the issue is not Quicken but 5/3 Bank. I also called 5/3 Bank and they told me the problem is with quicken update R47.11. In the meantime I had to cancel my pending payments from Quicken and pay them from 5/3 Billpay so I am not delinquent with my bills. This has been very frustrating and time consuming. The issue is NOT going to be fixed until Quicken and 5/3 work together identifying the root cause and applying the right fix.

I believe the problem was created with the last Quicken update R47.11 implemented last week. Per the Release notes,
    "item #3 When customer added a bank account using the wrong credentials, the error message displayed incorrect information"

Quicken was trying to fix a credential issue but created another one. I don't understand how these fixes are applied without the proper testing.
  • arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭
    I had this issue about a month ago and fixed it by deactivating and reactivating online services. I downloaded the recent Quicken update and have the same download issue. Deactivating and reactivating online services did not solve the issue. For the subscription price, issues like these should be solved with much greater expediency. Twenty five+ year Quicken user and very dissatisfied.
  • I'm so tired of bvb these issues!
  • lemen99
    lemen99 Member ✭✭
    I have been having this issue as well for a few days. It was working fine so I find it obnoxious.
  • jaycee786
    jaycee786 Member ✭✭
    I am constantly getting an error when trying to download my bank statement into Quicken. I went so far as to disconnect the web connection to the bank and tried to reset but it does not go through and still gives me an error, saying my password or username is wrong. But when I go directly to the bank website and use the same username and password it works. Now I even can not set up in Quicken "transaction download from your financial institute" What is going on?
  • Having the same challenge. Thank you for escalating a fix for this.
  • Same here changed password 3 times. Still says wrong password.
  • Having same problem with Fifth Third Bank. None of my accounts with them will connect at all. I've changed and updated passwords at the bank and in Quicken. Called 5/3rd and they didn't even know what Quicken was, so no help.
  • Carrie06
    Carrie06 Member
    Checked this morning. The issue is still unresolved.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    In reviewing my Quicken OFX log files I'm seeing a pattern that I think might be at least part of the problem. First, I'm not an IT guy and I'm no expert, this is just something I noticed.

For a normal update on any given day when things are working properly the File ID fields are populated like Example #1 below (numbers/letters changed):

Example #1 - Properly Functioning Update
    OLDFILEUID:E877BD90-6E51-1000-B0FD-EE9524C00054 
    NEWFILEUID: E8A7B490-6E52-1000-B5FD-969524300054 
    <USERID> {MyActualUserID}

For an account update attempt on a day where I can not connect and receive the OL-332-A error the fields are exactly as shown below in Example #2.

Example #2 Rejected Login Attempt - Error OL-332-A
    OLDFILEUID:NONE
    NEWFILEUID:NONE
    <USERID>anonymous00000000000000000000000

When this error is received and I am offered the "Fix It" button and/or the"Connectivity Problems" pop up box is presented asking if I have changed my password and I work through the "Update Now" steps the returned result says "Success! Account Update is successful."  After this action the OFX log looks like example #1, indicating that the problem was successfully fixed. 

Of course unfortunately the problem isn't fixed because when you go back to actually update the account the It again fails to send the correct File User IDs and the log file again looks like Example #2.

So while I had been thinking this is a 5/3 Bank issue rejecting the proper login credentials stored in Quicken it now appears to me that this problem is initiating on the Quicken side where Quicken is not correctly transmitting the file and user ID information.  

If you would like to review your own log file, you can find it under the Help Menu / Contact Support / Log Files. Open the OFX log file. I save my OFX log to the desktop and then open it in a word processor to make it searchable then search "SEND to https://banking.53.com" You will find the file/user ID fields for each login/update attempt over a period of days near those search points.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the log files can dig deeper and see more than I can or perhaps someone has a contact established with quicken support or 5/3 Bank they can communicate this to who might actually care about getting this long running and recurring problem fixed for good.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Amazing detective work
  • arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭
    Where is an update from the Quicken moderator for this forum?
This discussion has been closed.