chase bank links broken

windows QD- v r47.15 build 27.1.47.15

all my Chase accounts (6) have stopped downloading. if i deactivate and reactivate - it only shows one account (with link to existing) all te other say "don't link to quicken".

edit a different account, de and re, and same thing. now this account can link to existing but all others say "do not link to quicken", including the one i just activated.

what is going on with the quicken team?

Answers

• Hello @leonard kearney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• leonard kearney
    leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
    i used the account list and deactivated each account
    i did NOT do step 4
    i shut down quicken and re-started

i then triggered the set up for the primary account (checking) and after logging into chase, quicken showed the match list - i corrected two entrys.

quicken said it updated transctions - it didn't (said express web connect+ )

i reran one step - says succesful, account says updated today - but last transaction on the account is 2.1.23 I checked - there are tranactions that did not come over.

what changed?

tomorrow i will try deleeting the account detail
  • leonard kearney
    so today i ran one step update (no changes made) and chase responded with three transactions. what changed? beats me.

Of note is that the chase site showed 5 transactions - missing 2 are deposit transactions (one 15,000 the other 144). Here is where it gets interesting. my quicken account and the chase onlne balance are in agreement. But, if i go back and look at the last place i balanced the accounts, the quicken balance is a little more than 15,000 over the chase account. backing up to other balance points- the same thing. all quicken balances are a little more than 15,000 over the check book balance.

so the 15,144 is in the system - somewhere - but I can't find it. not the 15,000 nor the 144. there are other 15,000 trnsactions but all are accounted for. FYI I have over ten years data in my files.
  • Hello @leonard kearney,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps and for providing more information. 

Due to the previous steps having failed and the recent migration of Chase Bank, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• leonard kearney
    please elaborate on "the recent migration of Chase bank". what does that mean?

is this the same migration Schwab went through? (which caused a lot of aggravation to me and many other quicken users?

Len
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    please elaborate on "the recent migration of Chase bank". what does that mean?

is this the same migration Schwab went through? (which caused a lot of aggravation to me and many other quicken users?

Len
    Yes, it is.  The financial institutions are dropping Direct Connect in favor of Express Web Connect +.  And you need to go through a reauthorization process and link your online accounts to the ones in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.