Ally Bank with 2FA and FDP-108 (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit).

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I am having the exact same problem.  Ally had always worked fine until today.  Even changed my Ally password (which Quicken was telling me I needed to do, Ally did not request or require me to do so) and went through reconnecting the account in Quicken, but it always ends up failing with the same FDP-108 error and indicates that I need to call Ally.  There are no problem on the Ally side and I can sign into my account just fine in a browser.

Oh, for what it's worth, I'm using Quicken for Mac, not Windows, so this is probably not an application problem but some problem with Quicken's data aggregator or something.
  • RLR54
    RLR54 Member ✭✭
    Same (Quicken for Mac)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• New User
    New User Member ✭✭
    As of 2/22/23 Ally Bank updates are failing. It says to go to the web site. I log in on the web site - it works OK. No messages or notification at Web site. I then resync. It asks for SMS verification code. I enter the code (several times yesterday and today) If fails. I just disconnected and re-added the account. I get request for SMS. I enter the SMS code, Now Care Code: FDP-108 -Ally Bank denying access to account. "Please visit the AllyBank web site to see what’s going on." Go to site - log in with no issues and nothing is going on.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    New User said:  As of 2/22/23 Ally Bank updates are failing. Now Care Code: FDP-108
    just to clarify - are you using QMAC -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    This problem is also occurring with the latest version of Quicken for Mac.
  • oc_steven
    oc_steven Member ✭✭
    Same problem for me, Quicken for Mac
  • lshap
    lshap Member ✭✭
    Exact same problem for me
  • claker
    claker Member
    Same, Quicken for Mac. Started yesterday after latest software update.
  • claker
    claker Member
    Please visit the AllyBank web site to see what’s going on.

Care Code: FDP-10

Quicken 6.12.3 is currently the newest version available.
    MacOS 12.3.1
  • nonesuch
    nonesuch Member
    Same problem Mac subscription
  • jmrjudee
    jmrjudee Member
    Can not update the Ally.com accounts. I have a Mac subscription.
  • Hello @jmrjudee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly is occurring with your Ally Bank accounts? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with Ally Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• unable to update to ally bank using Quicken for Mac since recent update. It is not taking my multifactor authorization. It asked me to change my password at Ally and then come back to Quicken and update it. I did this and it still does not work. I called Ally but they could not solve it. I have sent feedback to Quicken.
  • Same here.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

and…. what happens - any error codes - as there is a new Feb 22 problem with Ally & 2FA

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jmrjudee
    jmrjudee Member
    Here is a copy of the error code page....

Multifactor authentication failed

This connection failed, and will not update:

AllyBank(jmrjudee) - Error FDP-108 (END_USER_ACTION_REQUIRED_AT_FI - End user action required at the third party site)

To retry the failed connection, you'll need to start a new update.
  • I left this same comment on another forum...but I called Ally and they asked "what's quicken?". Then I got Technical guy and he said Ally has chosen not to offer link to Quicken. He said it happened this week when they did a security update. It's over. Time to find a new online bank that connects to Quicken for Mac.
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd try to confirm what that Tech guy said before finding another bank. I'm in the same boat. I've been a customer of Ally Bank for 7 years. Their support for Quicken access was a requirement when I was looking for a bank. I wonder if they have a “Customer Retention Departmant" that we can all call to confirm this and then ask them Wiskey Tango Foxtrot they are thinking! Do they know how many of their Customers use Quicken that they just gave the old “heave ho”? Sigh…

• Having same issue MAC current version
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭

By the way, if Ally Bank no longer supports Quicken at all somebody forgot to update their FAQ:

https://www.ally.com/help/bank/quicken/

Can I use Quicken to download Ally Online Banking activities?

• Yes. Customers can download account activity from Online Banking to Quicken using Quicken Express Connect or Web Connect. Web Connect allows you to manually download a file from Ally Bank's website and upload it into Quicken for each account. Express Web Connect automatically downloads transactions from Ally Online Banking into Quicken. Quicken will ask you to input your Ally Online Banking username and password, and answer your security questions. Note: At this time, Ally doesn't support Direct Connect.

Can I use Quicken Direct Connect with Ally Bank?

• No, Ally does not currently support Direct Connect; however, you can use Express Connect and Web Connect.

Personal note: I am using Web connect and it does not work any more.

• rclksr
    rclksr Member ✭✭
    2/25/23- I just hung up with Ally Tech support. They told me that Quicken performed a major update to their software/systems. That update was not compatible with Ally's systems/ software. They said they are working on a fix to work with the quicken update. I questioned them about a Quicken user being told that Ally will no longer be supporting Quicken, and they assured me that was false. Unfortunately they do not have an ETA as to when there will be a fix in place.
  • I have never had a problem before. I have changed my password which is what Quicken recommended and did a two code authorization as well.
  • Mitchell Vardeman
    Mitchell Vardeman Member ✭✭✭

What a shame. All of us are paying for Quicken, yet we have to rely on a third party to give us pertinent information. Quicken has gone to hell in a handbasket. Pathetic!

• petraidm
    petraidm Member

I am having the same problem (Quicken MAC).

1. Doing a data refresh results in an MFA.
    2. The MFA produces A multifactor authentication failed Window with Error FDP-108 (END_USER_ACTION_REQUIRED_AT_FI -  End user action required at the third party site)
    3. The update summary provides this messsage: “AllyBank requires a password change. Log in at their web site to update your password. Return to Quicken, Update again, at which time you’ll be asked to reauthorize. (Error Code: FDP-108)”
    4. I have changed my Ally bank password and am able to sign on to the Ally site.
    5. Running account update after the PW change yields the same errors

• lshap
    lshap Member ✭✭
    Same problem here
  • ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭

Same problem last several days. Quicken for Windows V R47.15

• dchoweller
    dchoweller Unconfirmed, Member
    I am also experiencing this problem. It worked before, but started happening several days ago. I'm using Quicken for Mac (subscription) and 2FA. My password and 2FA work on the Ally web site, so this appears to be a Quicken problem. Any way to revert to a previous version of Quicken?

I'm getting the same errors and inaccurate messages (change your Ally password, etc.) as the others who have posted.
  • dchoweller
    dchoweller Unconfirmed, Member
    Follow up on my previous post. I'm able to download transactions manually into Quicken from the Ally bank website.
This discussion has been closed.